Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bpm1989

I would'nt trust a reservation. Cant see them holding on to a ps4 with 50+ people queing to get one there and then. But thats just my own paranoid opinion on it ha. I'll stand corrected if somebody successfully got one today or tommorow with a reservation of course.
    I got one with my reservation see above

• Registered Users Posts: 23 keithritchie

bpm1989 wrote: »
    I got one with my reservation see above

I stand corrected. Happy days for you so. Can i ask where and when did you reserve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

cheers if anyone has seen reservation slots to share on omni or swords can let us know highly unlikly i know lol

also i can only see ps4 console page on argos no killzone bundle

I stand corrected. Happy days for you so. Can i ask where and when did you reserve it?

Pavilions Swords reserved @ around half 8 or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

biggebruv wrote: »
    also i can only see ps4 console page on argos no killzone bundle

type the killzone catalogue number into the search bar: 1447947

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

There's little hope of getting one in Argos now, unfortunately.

A big long shot is that someone who has an extra reservation code posts here, like earlier.

On that note, if anyone has a Dun Laoghaire Argos code (or south dub), if you're feeling kind...... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Friend picked one up in Douglas this morning, arrived at like 7 and was 16th in queue for 20 Playstations, Wilton and Mahon were packed though mothers buying for sons...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Ha that's ideal! Tesco didn't seem to do too bad with stock so!

No word from Brown Thomas either, chanced my arm with putting my name down on the waiting list a couple of weeks back but presume they've sold out.

Not too pushed on getting one straight away but all this looking is a bit of fun! Nice to see boardsies sharing the love with reservations!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone got a spare code for anywhere in Dublin please keep me in mind for it.

• Advertisement

Wat about

Gasp

Xtravision lol

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

right I think its time to start finding out when the next batch start coming in, anyone got information?

What time did that argos site finally let people reserve the console anyways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

biggebruv wrote: »
    What time did that argos site finally let people reserve the console anyways?

Around 7ish this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ash_

Lads just letting you know I picked up my ps4 killzone bundle in Argos in swords about an hour ago. Absolutely no hassle I feel bad for anyone who had to queue to get one. Reserved about half 8 this morning there was only 1 in stock. Best of luck to everyone trying to grab one!

did you get any vouchers along with the purchase ?

tmc86 wrote: »
    Ha that's ideal! Tesco didn't seem to do too bad with stock so!

No word from Brown Thomas either, chanced my arm with putting my name down on the waiting list a couple of weeks back but presume they've sold out.

Not too pushed on getting one straight away but all this looking is a bit of fun! Nice to see boardsies sharing the love with reservations!

Yeah if anyone is seriously pushed crying for one and sweating it out trying everywere today looking for one they have only themselves to blame really shoulda preordered one

Im ok i it happens it happens if not im ok waiting

Ash_ wrote: »
    did you get any vouchers along with the purchase ?

I did. They gave me a 10e gift voucher and a little booklet containing 180e worth of discounts/vouchers exclusively for xb1/ps4 stuff like 6e off a game over 45 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

My friend who works Tesco in Finglas told me there they only got 3 in. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I would encourage anyone who is just sitting on boards, to get over to adverts, and "enquire" about the PS4's at twice the price.

I've had my swap offer of an eight year old Jack Russell in average condition, rejected outright. The cheek :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

daRobot wrote: »
    I would encourage anyone who is just sitting on boards, to get over to adverts, and "enquire" about the PS4's at twice the price.

I've had my swap offer of an eight year old Jack Russell in average condition, rejected outright. The cheek :pac:
    "You've heard of the Xbox One? Well I have a PS ONE!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 8all

Got screwed by amazon. Was promised delivery today by cs. Talking to them last night they told me it was being shipped. This morning I was told they were oit of stock. Gutted. Had one guaranteed with HN that I gave away that was picked up no problems. Been told by Amazon I will get it after xmas. :(

If anyone want so sell me a consol or has one reserved to spare I pay for it!! Gutted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

I did. They gave me a 10e gift voucher and a little booklet containing 180e worth of discounts/vouchers exclusively for xb1/ps4 stuff like 6e off a game over 45 etc

Collecting later so may save a few quid with these vouchers. Do they cover likes of a Fifa and an extra controller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

8all wrote: »
    Got screwed by amazon. Was promised delivery today by cs. Talking to them last night they told me it was being shipped. This morning I was told they were oit of stock. Gutted. Had one guaranteed with HN that I gave away that was picked up no problems. Been told by Amazon I will get it after xmas. :(

If anyone want so sell me a consol or has one reserved to spare I pay for it!! Gutted here.

They have been f**king people over left, right and centre.

If I get told that mine isn't coming until after Christmas I reckon I'll cancel and get one in the new year.

Checkout their forum, a lot of un-happy customers:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PS4-PlayStation-4/forum/Fx1NG5RC9J0Q0RG/-/1/ref=cm_cd_f_h_dp_t?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00BE4HOIM

• Registered Users Posts: 11 THart

Guys, I managed to get a PS4 "Knack" Bundle from Argos Extra in Arklow this morning, after queuing for three hours!!

They only got three in and are not sure if they are getting more.

However, Amazon.co.uk are now taking orders for various PS4 bundles with delivery guaranteed before Christmas!!!! (So, now queuing or running around involved).

The Consoles on their own are sold out but there are a choice of bundle packages, all competitively priced, with guaranteed delivery BEFORE Christmas.

Good luck everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

True, but their information is so in-consistent a lot of customers are now taking things with a pinch of salt.

For instance the mega bundle for me should arrive "after release date but before Christmas"

However my order summary says - "The following item will arrive after 25 Dec 2013."

Customer Service claim that it will still arrive "after release date but before Christmas".

Some people on the Amazon forums have reported getting conflicting information from different CSAs.

It's worth a punt but I wouldn't rely on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 THart

I've always found them very reliable and they tend to err on the side of caution, particularly for promised Christmas deliveries, so I doubt that they would promise dleivery before Christmas if there was a chance they they couldn't fulfill the order. Their reputation is too imporant to them to handle the flack that would ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Any sign of any more around cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

If anyone is willing to travel to Argos in Armagh City, I have a reservation number. Managed to get one in Dundalk instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

True, but their information is so in-consistent a lot of customers are now taking things with a pinch of salt.

For instance the mega bundle for me should arrive "after release date but before Christmas"

However my order summary says - "The following item will arrive after 25 Dec 2013."

Customer Service claim that it will still arrive "after release date but before Christmas".

Some people on the Amazon forums have reported getting conflicting information from different CSAs.

It's worth a punt but I wouldn't rely on them.

Have you been charged for it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Yoc

If anyone is willing to travel to Argos in Armagh City, I have a reservation number. Managed to get one in Dundalk instead.

Hi could I take this off u please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement