Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

If anyone is willing to travel to Argos in Armagh City, I have a reservation number. Managed to get one in Dundalk instead.

Please check your PM's.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

anyone know of any more doin the rounds in cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Theta wrote: »
    Have you been charged for it yet?

Not yet, they usually don't charge the card until they are dispatching.

That said, stock might free up on Amazon. A good few in the UK in the forums that pre-ordered got sorted through Asda, Tesco and others so they cancelled their Amazon orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Cork is barren of Playstations I'd say. Best bet is Sony store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Just collected mine in Stephens green which I reserved at 8.40 this morning.

Best of luck to everyone still looking.

• Advertisement

As its only November what the chances of Argos and similar getting more stock in the coming weeks??

As its only November what the chances of Argos and similar getting more stock in the coming weeks??

I hope they and others will.

One part of me is saying that all of us should be able to get one before Christmas. Sony knew the pre-orders and demand was huge so they must be making PS4s 24/7 in numerous plants. And they have probably been making them for the last 2 or 3 months.

Maybe that is wishful thinking though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

If anyone has a spare reservation i could take it off your hands, thanks for looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 keithritchie

True, but their information is so in-consistent a lot of customers are now taking things with a pinch of salt.

For instance the mega bundle for me should arrive "after release date but before Christmas"

However my order summary says - "The following item will arrive after 25 Dec 2013."

Customer Service claim that it will still arrive "after release date but before Christmas".

Some people on the Amazon forums have reported getting conflicting information from different CSAs.

It's worth a punt but I wouldn't rely on them.

Amazon are about as useful as tits on your elbow

One part of me is saying that all of us should be able to get one before Christmas. Sony knew the pre-orders and demand was huge so they must be making PS4s 24/7 in numerous plants. And they have probably been making them for the last 2 or 3 months.

The Part I'd be worried about is the allocation Ireland would get. At the end of the day Ireland is a drop in the ocean when you think of the amount of units other countries could shift.

Gamestop are taking preorders for their next allocation which is next year. That doesn't fill me with hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

It's not wishful thinking at all.

Retailers will be busting their chops to get these in, as demand is at a peak.

That demand will drop after Christmas, so they'll be doing their best to get them in sharpish.

Gamestop are taking preorders for their next allocation which is next year. That doesn't fill me with hope.

Yeah, that doesn't sound great at all. Shocked that they think they aren't getting another batch until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Just collected mine in Stephens green which I reserved at 8.40 this morning.

Best of luck to everyone still looking.

Nice work man, I was trying to order one around then & had no joy at all. Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8all

If you have a spare reservation please contact me. I will pay for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

8all wrote: »
    If you have a spare reservation please contact me. I will pay for it!!

Oh god :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8all

Oh god :(

Got screwed by amazon. :(

Sickened looking at DoneDeal.

Saw a fella looking for €900 for a standard Killzone bundle. :eek:

Anyway, I think this is like watching a kettle to boil. I'm going to try and bow out of this forum and the Amazon site as much as possible.

If I have any news or tips I'll post them.

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

None in Sony centre cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Smartspot in Navan, apparently have some available, not sure about their other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Amazon says Please note:
    ● Customers who ordered this console from November 14 will receive their consoles after Christmas

• Advertisement

What happened his post? And my post?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Please keep all the reservation posts to this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057093723

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

What happened his post? And my post?

weird.

Game.co.uk have bundles in stock starting at £529 for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yoc

Smart spot Navan just picked up a killzone bundle guy said they have about 4 left :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Talking to the buddy in Tesco, they got 11, 7 staff members had 1st call on them.

Its shi**y to say the least considering people were outside since about 12/1am, the first 4 in line got consoles but anyone after that was told no go at 8am.

What made it worse was staff walking in, on days off, taking them from the back and walking past the que, cant imagine there'll were too many happy people in that que.

Its happening up and down the country, staff in all stores will have first refusal but if you're going to do that why not refuse to sell to staff until the que has gone, that way the first 4 or 5 get their consoles and you dont have people freaking out as staff go past them with consoles.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Talking to the buddy in Tesco, they got 11, 7 staff members had 1st call on them.

Its shi**y to say the least considering people were outside since about 12/1am, the first 4 in line got consoles but anyone after that was told no go at 8am.

What made it worse was staff walking in, on days off, taking them from the back and walking past the que, cant imagine there'll were too many happy people in that que.

Its happening up and down the country, staff in all stores will have first refusal but if you're going to do that why not refuse to sell to staff until the que has gone, that way the first 4 or 5 get their consoles and you dont have people freaking out as staff go past them with consoles.

It's a perk of the job, its the same up and down the country in different jobs there's different perks.
    I don't begrudge anyone working there first refusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

GavRedKing wrote: »

So much for the rule of no first picks for staff that Tesco supposedly implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Been in work since but I got a PS4 in SmartSpot in Navan this morning! They have a few shops room the country if your still stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

It's a perk of the job, its the same up and down the country in different jobs there's different perks.
    I don't begrudge anyone working there first refusal.

Yeah I wouldn't be bothered either.

However, they could have managed it better though by putting a sign up or information on Thursday night at closing as to how many they have to sell. This would avoid people queuing and wasting their time and they'd also have the chance to try somewhere else. I feel sorry for those who turned up early in the cold for an even smaller allocation of consoles than were delivered.

A bit of foresight wouldn't go astray

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement