Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It's a perk of the job, its the same up and down the country in different jobs there's different perks.
    I don't begrudge anyone working there first refusal.

Oh totally, my main point is though if they had more tact they would have told the staff have more discretion when buying them and taking them out of the store in view of the people that lined up.

I mean if they knew had 11 and 7 were reserved for staff, they could have told people early that morning, look we only have 4 available, shi**y but thats life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The fact that I was told they were getting no stock yesterday to find out it was coz staff had the majority but still was some.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Talking to the buddy in Tesco, they got 11, 7 staff members had 1st call on them.

Its shi**y to say the least considering people were outside since about 12/1am, the first 4 in line got consoles but anyone after that was told no go at 8am.

What made it worse was staff walking in, on days off, taking them from the back and walking past the que, cant imagine there'll were too many happy people in that que.

Its happening up and down the country, staff in all stores will have first refusal but if you're going to do that why not refuse to sell to staff until the que has gone, that way the first 4 or 5 get their consoles and you dont have people freaking out as staff go past them with consoles.

I think they're was a staff member behind me in the queue in Douglas, didn't see any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

I think they're was a staff member behind me in the queue in Douglas, didn't see any of this.

Friends of staff were there alright, I was there too all those women who came along knew the staff, one girl even calling his name for a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Friends of staff were there alright, I was there too all those women who came along knew the stuff, one girl even calling his name for a ticket!

Those girls were queuing fairly though, dont think anybody got turned away when the tickets were handed out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mahon Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Those girls were queuing fairly though, dont think anybody got turned away when the tickets were handed out

Yeah it was fair enough but still a lot of staff members friends

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Been in work since but I got a PS4 in SmartSpot in Navan this morning! They have a few shops room the country if your still stuck.

any phone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

zerks wrote: »
    So much for the rule of no first picks for staff that Tesco supposedly implemented.

Well I know for GTA V staff weren't allowed do this so maybe it was just your local store.

I think if the staff are working the opening that they're more than entitled to one. The only objection I would have is if they were putting them aside and then people coming in to collect them the next morning or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭bren2001

gep91 wrote: »
    any phone number?

(046) 905 9497

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Tesco Limerick get any?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shielsrachel

Guys just got mine in smart spot navan they have some left get down now!

bren2001 wrote: »
    (046) 905 9497

cant buy over the phone :( im stuck in work, can any one help? dunno how we could do it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Damn shame I've no way of getting to Navan now.

They onky have a few left I think in navan dont know about othr stores add them on facebook and see

They onky have a few left I think in navan dont know about othr stores add them on facebook and see

any way you could help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Weekend_Yet

Hi guys, was in HN Waterford this morning on unrelated business. Was speaking to the manager there an he was telling me they got in 95, they had 105 pre-orders so a few dissappointed people no doubt. He confirmed they will have a large order within the next 2 weeks. They have 30 people on the list for those now.

I didn't want one myself till the last few days reading the buzz on here and following this thread last night. I tried reserve one early this morning on Argos and got one reserved but when I rang the store when they opened they told me they had none :-(

Anyway best of luck to those over the next while tracking one down.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Might have a reservation for Killarney going. Will know shortly. Let me know if anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Might have a reservation for Killarney going. Will know shortly. Let me know if anyone interested

PM'd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Managed to get my PS4 this morning in Power City. Cheers to everyone for helping out, and to MorningGlory94 for the company in the queue :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 keithritchie

Sold out in smartstop in navan. Just called there. 😟

Friend works in argos omni and said more stock due tomorrow and she thinks it will be on sale after midday

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Friend works in argos omni and said more stock due tomorrow and she thinks it will be on sale after midday

That sounds consistent from what I heard in the last hour too. Fingers crossed it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 keithritchie

Jamie OD wrote: »
    That sounds consistent from what I heard in the last hour too. Fingers crossed it is true.

Im pretty sure all argos stores are expecting this delivery. Well according to other posts ive read

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Back from Cavan with a killzone bundle. the last one they had. lady behind the counter said to be careful that i dont get mugged between the front door and my car. I laughed. She didnt. ( and that hum-dinger of a twisty road between longford and cavan makes me wish i had picked up Need for Speed)

Crikey
    dan hibiki wrote: »
    Back from Cavan with a killzone bundle. the last one they had. lady behind the counter said to be careful that i dont get mugged between the front door and my car. I laughed. She didnt. ( and that hum-dinger of a twisty road between longford and cavan makes me wish i had picked up Need for Speed)

Any hope of swapping/selling Knack? Any takers?

I was told to go in around 10 to Argos, that's when they are expecting the delivery. I hope that's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

so if argos are expecting some in tomorrow can these ones be reserved on the website if your quick enough??

if i miss it can anyone do a spare reserve one in omni for me ???

• Advertisement

biggebruv wrote: »
    so if argos are expecting some in tomorrow can these ones be reserved on the website if your quick enough??

if i miss it can anyone do a spare reserve one in omni for me ???

As for the Tesco I was queueing at, the ones that are coming in tomorrow were reserved for people in the queue... So I'd guess that it's the same across the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement