Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

If you've preordered with Smyths you will get your console before Xmas. We stopped taking preorders yesterday and were told all the 40+ non day ones will get one. Had a good day informing people. Some cool reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GreyAlien

azzagazza wrote: »
    Anybody want an Argos reservation code for Killzone bundle in Killarney?

Pm'd!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 keithritchie

If you've preordered with Smyths you will get your console before Xmas. We stopped taking preorders yesterday and were told all the 40+ non day ones will get one. Had a good day informing people. Some cool reactions.

I preordered on sep6th i assumed i wouldnt get it until the new year. This is great to hear ha

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Managed to reserve a Knack bundle for Argos Limerick The Crescent at 08:30 this morning. All well and good, secured until tomorrow evening for me..

But.. I got a phone call from them then early afternoon, asking if I was going to be collecting it today?A bit odd I thought as I'm not able to go until tomorrow and the reservation is until tomorrow evening. I tell her this and she sort of hesitates and says the stock system is going mad. So she says she will ensure it is still there tomorrow morning.. The whole phone call was a bit odd I thought. I'm a bit suspicious at this point, is my reserved ps4 is about to "disappear" from the store I am wondering

In any case, I was gonna ask If anyone from Limerick has a reservation code for anywhere in the Cork area. However, I'm a bit suspicious as to whether my reserved console has already been nabbed...

don't want to scare you, but when I had a reservation in one of the Cork Argoses for The Last of Us game on the launch day, when I got there around 5pm I was told that they don't have it and basically to GTFO. since then I don't believe in Argos reservations.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The JMC

For some unknown reason, Argos reservation numbers are sequential which makes them very easy to steal if someone has an idea of where abouts the current number is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Managed to reserve a Knack bundle for Argos Limerick The Crescent at 08:30 this morning. All well and good, secured until tomorrow evening for me..

But.. I got a phone call from them then early afternoon, asking if I was going to be collecting it today?A bit odd I thought as I'm not able to go until tomorrow and the reservation is until tomorrow evening. I tell her this and she sort of hesitates and says the stock system is going mad. So she says she will ensure it is still there tomorrow morning.. The whole phone call was a bit odd I thought. I'm a bit suspicious at this point, is my reserved ps4 is about to "disappear" from the store I am wondering

In any case, I was gonna ask If anyone from Limerick has a reservation code for anywhere in the Cork area. However, I'm a bit suspicious as to whether my reserved console has already been nabbed...

If you decide not to use that limerick code, ill happily take it off you:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

The JMC wrote: »
    For some unknown reason, Argos reservation numbers are sequential which makes them very easy to steal if someone has an idea of where abouts the current number is.

be near impossible with the amount of orders they got
    along with the fact that you'd only get one chance at giving a number out so you'd be taken a risk
    sometimes staff ask for id or the number they provided as well for proof you pre ordered it

I preordered on sep6th i assumed i wouldnt get it until the new year. This is great to hear ha

yeah it's great. Had a woman nearly cry on me when i told her :D I'd call in to triple check but we definitely are!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Quite a shame to see the amount of ps4's bought only to sell on but I suppose the silver lining to an extent is so many bought them to profit on I think they actually have a greater supply than demand for the prices they are selling at.

Hopefully real gamers get your stuff before Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

after getting a knack bunker reservation in Castlebar now too. anyone with any reservation codes for anywhere in the munster area?

• Advertisement

yeah it's great. Had a woman nearly cry on me when i told her :D I'd call in to triple check but we definitely are!

That foook ha. Yeah id say she was ha there like goldust! I booked in the blanch store, when i called today she was very vague and i didnt get a lot of hope to be honest ha.

That foook ha. Yeah id say she was ha there like goldust! I booked in the blanch store, when i called today she was very vague and i didnt get a lot of hope to be honest ha.

if you werent talking to software directly then she probably didnt have a clue tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

on the whole "Argos are ****e" theme that has been going on here, while i did pick up the bundle that i managed to reserve at 7.30 this morning - i also got a phone call from the store 3 hours later asking me the same thing as Zonda99 "when are you picking it up?". funnily enough it was the same girl who handed the bloody thing over to me a few hours earlier. her explanation - stock levels on their system are not matching actual in-store stock. so if anyone is going doing some big mileage tomorrow or the next day to pick up a reservation in argos, it might be worth ringing first to get someone to check that the ps4 is physically there! they did give me a 10 euro voucher though, apparently you get one if you spend over a hundred quid ( dont bother asking for 4 vouchers - they didnt buy it )

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

dan hibiki wrote: »
    on the whole "Argos are ****e" theme that has been going on here, while i did pick up the bundle that i managed to reserve at 7.30 this morning - i also got a phone call from the store 3 hours later asking me the same thing as Zonda99 "when are you picking it up?". funnily enough it was the same girl who handed the bloody thing over to me a few hours earlier. her explanation - stock levels on their system are not matching actual in-store stock. so if anyone is going doing some big mileage tomorrow or the next day to pick up a reservation in argos, it might be worth ringing first to get someone to check that the ps4 is physically there! they did give me a 10 euro voucher though, apparently you get one if you spend over a hundred quid ( dont bother asking for 4 vouchers - they didnt buy it )

did you manage to reserve it on the phone or online. For me, the website just cocked up and wouldn't let me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I agree, I really want to go collect it when they open in the morning but I;m coming up from North Cork so I really would rather know it is physically there..

I thought the closing time was half 9 but its actually 9pm which explains why the phone rang out when I rang them there a minute ago! :/

So there might be a few in argos in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gon250

So there might be a few in argos in the morning?

What argos??

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The JMC

Remember lads to check Argos at 7pm tomorrow evening, I believe that is when people's reservations expire, you might be able to pick something up.

did you manage to reserve it on the phone or online. For me, the website just cocked up and wouldn't let me in.

managed to do it on-line after about 10 error messages. did it via text as well, but never got anything back.

dan hibiki wrote: »
    managed to do it on-line after about 10 error messages. did it via text as well, but never got anything back.

how do you reserve by text?

• Advertisement

how do you reserve by text?

after the first error message, the option to do so appeared on the screen. it siad to txt the item code, followed by a space and the shop branch to 61201. so the message would have been like.... 144/7947 Limerick Cruises Street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So as expected, we had 5/6 to sell to the public yesterday. Still 4 left that we are holding on to until Sunday morning.

Hysteria folks, don't buy into it.

So as expected, we had 5/6 to sell to the public yesterday. Still 4 left that we are holding on to until Sunday morning.

Hysteria folks, don't buy into it.

If its just hysteria why are the likes of gamestop only taking orders for a february delivery? I really hope your right though

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

You didnt witness the scenes upon opening there yesterday. .. mass hysteria set in when all the people that qued up since 6 got in store to be told they had 0 selling stock..I have been in retail 10 years and have never EVER witnessed anything like it

the gardai and security were called to grt rid of the crazy customers... probably only ringing so they could save themselves more of yhe same today..

If its just hysteria why are the likes of gamestop only taking orders for a february delivery? I really hope your right though

I've worked with games since 2003. Believe me, if you want a console by Christmas you'll get one. This ploy is the same for every single console launch, put the fear of god into parents that they won't have one for their child so they snap one up as soon as they see one available.

I had a woman yesterday buy the console because it had to be collected by last night, while she was paying she told me that it was leaving her very short for food and other necessities for the week but she HAD to have the ps4 and it was more important. What kind of logic is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I've worked with games since 2003. Believe me, if you want a console by Christmas you'll get one. This ploy is the same for every single console launch, put the fear of god into parents that they won't have one for their child so they snap one up as soon as they see one available.

I had a woman yesterday buy the console because it had to be collected by last night, while she was paying she told me that it was leaving her very short for food and other necessities for the week but she HAD to have the ps4 and it was more important. What kind of logic is that?

You probably won't get one before Xmas without a pretty order

srumball wrote: »
    You probably won't get one before Xmas without a pretty order

Like i said earlier, we sold 5/6 to people without a preorder yesterday and have another 4(at least) to sell tomorrow to people without a preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UB_1

What store are you in?

UB_1 wrote: »
    What store are you in?

I'm in Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Like i said earlier, we sold 5/6 to people without a preorder yesterday and have another 4(at least) to sell tomorrow to people without a preorder.

Can you say what company you work for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement