Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Just a little heads up, if you trade a PS3 controller into any of the CEX's you will get €26 cash, meaning if you want to get a PS4 controller it will only cost you €36 in most retailers. Good saving. Just done it this morning.

GameStop were only giving €22 for the controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭mcw92

Have a PS4 Killzone bundle reserved in wexford, anyone interested in swapping for one closer to Dublin or the North West?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

leex wrote: »
    If these come available on Argos again, use checkargos.com to check stores, have the list of store numbers ready and use the 01-2161616 number to reserve. The website was a waste of time for me yesterday between 8 and 9.

What does that number do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Do not buy a console here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm after putting down pre-orders in Gamestop and HMV in the Crescent,.Limerick this morning, waiting for my local XV to open now to put one down there and then might pop to one of the Smyth's.

I've lost my faith in the shambles that is my Amazon pre-order.

Just to follow up on this post.

I was told in XV that there is no point putting down a pre-order if I have ordered from HMV up the road already.

Smyth's are not taking any more pre-orders/deposits.

So I now have 3 pre-orders - Amazon, Gamestop and HMV. Be interesting to see when I will get one. I reckon now I will just wait and see, Argos etc. are so hit and miss I could spend hours in front of the PC and still end up with nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

so did argos omni get some in this morning then anybody get one

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jmillz

mcw92 wrote: »
    Have a PS4 Killzone bundle reserved in wexford, anyone interested in swapping for one closer to Dublin or the North West?
    Is there anyway i could have it? i dont have anything to give in return though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Do not buy a console here

Never could give up on blietskrieg, I wouldn't accept returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 eddie_1498

Ok so popped into argos on stephens green and all they could tell me was that theyre expecting TWO in the nxt 2 weeks!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

eddie_1498 wrote: »
    Ok so popped into argos on stephens green and all they could tell me was that theyre expecting TWO in the nxt 2 weeks!!!!

What the fcuk?.if that's the case it's a pure lottery to get one before Christmas.

• Advertisement

eddie_1498 wrote: »

2 consoles or 2 shipments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 eddie_1498

2 consoles!!!! The guy i spoke to was junior enough though so maybe got confused? Just went into game stop and they said they arw expecting one more batch but thats to fill preorders....they said they think harvey norman blanch got some today but when i rang they wouldnt tell me if that was just for pre orders...if youre around area might be worth a visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 keithritchie

I have a predorder code for kilkenny argos if anyone could swap for a Dublin store that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 snf99

Looking for preorder code in Dublin or/and surroundings for a Sligo code? any takers? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Just picked up a Killzone bundle in Liffey Valley Argos. I managed to reserve one at about 8am, they went very fast. I think Argos will be a good bet but you'll have to be on the ball and get lucky too. Hope you lot still after one get one soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

What does that number do?

More stable way of reserving. Doesn't crash like the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I have PS4 Killzone bundle reserved for Argos Liffey Valley (got it online early this morning), but I'm not sure if I can make it there before it expires on Monday (am based in Cork) - don't suppose anyone interested in swapping the reservation for a reservation in Argos Cork / close to Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

have a knack bundle in castle bar thats going to expire this evening if anyone has a cork code to swap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

When some reservations expire will they appear available on the site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jArgHA wrote: »
    I have PS4 Killzone bundle reserved for Argos Liffey Valley (got it online early this morning), but I'm not sure if I can make it there before it expires on Monday (am based in Cork) - don't suppose anyone interested in swapping the reservation for a reservation in Argos Cork / close to Cork?

Would you not give it to someone who can actually use it?

I would gladly take it off you... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Finical wrote: »
    When some reservations expire will they appear available on the site?

They will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Still sitting on 2 here :) if someone wants to pm me I'll let the first person know which shop. It's in clare so obviously there's no point in someone from Dublin messaging me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Cavan Argos have 3 Killzone in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

alf66 wrote: »
    Cavan Argos have 3 Killzone in stock
    Must've went in less than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

Was so close... 1 left in stock on the check when i rang. with all the bull.... automated rubbish it was gone by time i got through it

therealdog wrote: »
    Was so close... 1 left in stock on the check when i rang. with all the bull.... automated rubbish it wa sgone by time i got through it

I think the scalpers are getting a lot and possible using us for info some not so bad prices on donedeal but I'm not that desperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

elsparko wrote: »
    have a knack bundle in castle bar thats going to expire this evening if anyone has a cork code to swap?

I'd gladly take that off you if you don't manage to get a swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 keithritchie

Fieldog wrote: »
    Would you not give it to someone who can actually use it?

I would gladly take it off you... :-)

Check your pm mate i have one close to cork id love a swap for Dublin
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Smyths are looking like they will have walkin consoles in about 1-2 weeks. I have it on good authority.

My store has quite a few left over that where not collected ,but they are extending the pickup period as its close to xmas.

there are loads of walkin XBO's there ,they cant get rid of them I was told.

you just need to check with your local Smyths and have a very nice conversation with the bosses there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Hey everyone secret update shhh

Smyth's Limerick getting fresh stock in two weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement