Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

Looks like it's time to forget about Argos for this evenin anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Evan_M

1 in Cavan (Killzone)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Evan_M

Aaaaaannnd its gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Killzone bundle in Cavan.... gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 B.O Problem

Has anyone got a reserve code they don't want for argos? Happy to take it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

FFS, just realised my reservation wasn't confirmed. What a pain in the ass.

Managed to get a reservation in NI if anyone wants to swap for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

FFS, just realised my reservation wasn't confirmed. What a pain in the ass.

Managed to get a reservation in NI if anyone wants to swap for Dublin?

If you dont want the NI one at any stage I'll take it from you.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xorigin

Got a reservation until the end of Monday for a Killzone bundle in Cavan.

Anyone willing to swap with a reservation in Dublin?

**code is gone**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mirrorboy

xorigin wrote: »
    Got a reservation until the end of Monday for a Killzone bundle in Cavan.

Anyone willing to swap with a reservation in Dublin?

Unfortunately not. But I would be grateful to take the Res it off your hands if it becomes available!!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamieho

I have a code for Killarney and want to swap for Dublin or close to it , don't really want to drive that far , pm me if you want a swap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Seriously Argos are just ridiculous. Whenever some come available, the website immediately crashes and I can't get any. Is this going to be the case for any of the stock they get in? If so, I think it's just time to give up trying to get one for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xorigin

Mirrorboy wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. But I would be grateful to take the Res it off your hands if it becomes available!!

Cheers

Sorry, code given to gep91 as he sent a PM first

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

So anyway at 6pm I decided to go to the pub for a few pints instead of refreshing argos! Glad I did it! ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Why am I on here trying to reserve a console when I have two already? See you suckers later :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Seriously Argos are just ridiculous. Whenever some come available, the website immediately crashes and I can't get any. Is this going to be the case for any of the stock they get in? If so, I think it's just time to give up trying to get one for xmas.

They are getting hammered by us, stops pain in the neck but I guess that.is what's going to happen when it's a case of first come first served.

After trying my best this evening I'm going to pack it in for a week or two and try again.

I gave an old Amazon preorder but their system is gone to the dogs, their forum is full of issues and complaints.

I placed two orders today in HMV and Gamestop but that is a long shot for this side of Christmas.

I expected big demand but this is nuts, a handful show up in Argos and all hell breaks loose.

Looking forward to January our February when I can compare deals rather than being happy with whatever I can get. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rjnolan

Anyone know when smyths will get their second wave of preorders available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

yeah think odds are slim will be more tommorrow because once again people reserved far from where they are. so much for recession, i take it some of the people chasing them are the ones the scalpers are waiting on the parents trying to get a console for little johnny. i wonder how many reserved in the likes of xtra-vision and gamestop haven't been picked up yet and for how long are they kept for those people?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

JamboMac wrote: »
    i wonder how many reserved in the likes of xtra-vision and gamestop haven't been picked up yet and for how long are they kept for those people?

In gamestop in Swords, if any preorders haven't been picked up in 48 hours they won't freesell them, they pass them on to the people on the preorder list for the next wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Lads whats the quickest way to make a reservation if I see one come up on the argos stock checker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Lads whats the quickest way to make a reservation if I see one come up on the argos stock checker ?

Phone...see earlier posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 jmillz

If anyone has a wexford code i would be very very greatfull if they gave it to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

I have a code for a Killzone bundle in Killarney to swap for a code in the Midlands/Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

leex wrote: »
    Phone...see earlier posts

I found it a pain in the ass
    the automated voice takes ages, I got one available then by the time it finished she said it was gone

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

1 in limerick folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

spider_pig wrote: »
    I found it a pain in the ass
    the automated voice takes ages, I got one available then by the time it finished she said it was gone

You can shortcut through once you know the menu numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

gep91 wrote: »
    1 in limerick folks

noooooooo..... missed it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Half tempted to just get an xbox at this stage ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

I just strolled into did electrical on friday in mullingar qued 10 minutes boom! Whats the big deal are they hard to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

dor843088 wrote: »
    I just strolled into did electrical on friday in mullingar qued 10 minutes boom! Whats the big deal are they hard to get?

The D.I.Ds in my area all had them sold out as the staff had gotten them all. You lucky prick :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

DID Blanch sold out in 5-10 minutes of getting their delivery and have no idea when/if they'll be getting them back before Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement