Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Its a masterstroke by Sony, no point in selling them all pre xmas, people are talking about it, eagar to get one... If everyone had them there wouldnt be 95 pages going on. I agree its a pain in the hole though..

STill hoping someone could sort me out with a Cork one...pleeeeeeeeeeease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Lads.. Smyths will be getting another wave in . Check with your local store. There is another wave of consoles coming in before xmas ,and a lot of them will be for walk in customers.

GO and CHECK with YOUR local SMYTHS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 snf99

1 in Limerick lads

• Registered Users Posts: 10 snf99

Lads.. Smyths will be getting another wave in . Check with your local store. There is another wave of consoles coming in before xmas ,and a lot of them will be for walk in customers.

GO and CHECK with YOUR local SMYTHS store.

I asked in Smyths in Dublin city yesterday and they said otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

snf99 wrote: »

Rang smiths in blanch. They have already over 300 units pre ordered from second wave. Lady said if i pre order now there's no guarantee before xmas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

Rang smiths in blanch. They have already over 300 units pre ordered from second wave. Lady said if i pre order now there's no guarantee before xmas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

if anyone has a code in the middle of the country or in the east (meath, westmeath, dublin) i would be very grateful and humbly accept it, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Djmc96

Where in limerick need one soooo bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just collected mine in Liffey Valley, a big thanks to jArgHA for sorting me out. Glad that the three codes I have doled out have helped people. Let's keep it going :)

7VyAxtN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Hmm. Thats intresting.

I was told that from next friday there should be walkin consoles in small numbers in my local store. I had a very long chat with one of the bosses yesterday and last week aswell. They have 10 consoles there that have not and look like they will be collected. they will have to get rid of these before the next wave as Sony will not allocate the full shipment of the next wave unless they have no stock. They have to get rid of the consoles ...thats what I was told.

My brother is looking for a console and I'le try to get it for him on friday . once I get it I will publish the stock level for walkin and where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Jasonc99

Hey anybody know how I could get one in drogheda, would be extremely grateful if someone could help me, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Arciphel wrote: »
    Just collected mine in Liffey Valley, a big thanks to jArgHA for sorting me out. Glad that the three codes I have doled out have helped people. Let's keep it going :)

Nice1 Archipel, enjoy! I'm still trying to get something organised here, fingers crossed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Delighted. Drove to Killarney from Cork today. Got it minutes ago :)

282704.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

7VyAxtN.jpg
    ah here deres no need too rub it in our faces

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Delighted for u lads. There are some nice guys on here i hav to say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Can't believe I missed the one in Limerick. If anyone blags a Limerick one and is not using it or swapping can they please PM it to me. Would be greatly appreciated and would owe you a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Omeceron wrote: »
    I have a code for a Killzone bundle in Killarney to swap for a code in the Midlands/Dublin.

Still looking for a swap. Expires tomorrow.

I have already given first refusal to a Boardsie if I can't find a swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ps4 for xmas

anybody have a reservation code they wont be able to pick up today around the country?

Anyone know of any codes for around Dublin or drogheda? Would be extremely grateful

if i see one come up on checkargos.com whats the fastest way to reserve it?

• Advertisement

Have you seen one? If so which one? Best calling up the store

no havent seen one. just wondering thanks

From what some people are saying on here, the fastest way is the phone

Ring 01-2161616
    make sure you know the store code (on argos website, also in back of book)
    make sure you know the item code
    hit 1 to skip all the rubbish
    enter store code followed by hash
    hit 1 to skip the rubbish again
    enter item code followed by hash
    hit 1 for check
    if no stock and want to try other store, hit 1 twice, enter store code followed by hash etc..

I've been using internet and phone method since launch at midnight Thursday and still no joy getting one in Limerick or Cork.
    Tried for solus, knack bunde, killzone bundle, and ac bundle. Very unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Think dublin will be baron for Christmas gonna have to get it from country stores looks like, the reverse Christmas.

presumably we will now have to wait for yesterdays unused reservations to revert at close of business today and try again.......

seems adverts prices are still pretty steep. does not to be too many people buying though.

I think yesterday between 7 and 8 o'clock there was a good few came available so I'd be online then and have the phone ready. Even if you see it available online the system always breaks down when you try to reserve it whereas the phone does seem to work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I just hope that everybody using these tips is fighting for one for there kids or themselves and not too profit, lot of newbies appeared in the last 2 days.

I think yesterday between 7 and 8 o'clock there was a good few came available so I'd be online then and have the phone ready. Even if you see it available online the system always breaks down when you try to reserve it whereas the phone does seem to work better.

that what I'm going to try again tonight.......

i wonder which bundle is more likely to become available ?

seeing as the ac one went on sale only Saturday (I think), it's due to run out today for anyone that did not collect. And I'd hazard a guess that close to all the Killzone and Knack bundles as well as the solus have been claimed by now.

Yes, theres a few knobs over on adverts trying to sell them for upwards of €800. And to make it worse coming out with all these crap stories like "I bought it but the wife wouldn't let me keep it" or my personal fave "I need to sell it to sort the baby out for Christmas". LOL.

:pac::pac: Shove it up your arse, gougers! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    I just hope that everybody using these tips is fighting for one for there kids or themselves and not too profit, lot of newbies appeared in the last 2 days.

I personally know of 2 people who have picked up multiple reservations in argos stores simply to sell them for outrageous profit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement