Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Arciphel wrote: »
    Yes, theres a few knobs over on adverts trying to sell them for upwards of €800. And to make it worse coming out with all these crap stories like "I bought it but the wife wouldn't let me keep it" or my personal fave "I need to sell it to sort the baby out for Christmas". LOL.

:pac::pac: Shove it up your arse, gougers! :pac::pac:

One individual is selling his because he discovered his TV has no hdmi input. Yeah..right. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Hopefully nobody buys off them and they have to sell at a loss or they bought on credit card and can't pay. Who knew the grinch really existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Flaccus wrote: »
    I personally know of 2 people who have picked up multiple reservations in argos stores simply to sell them for outrageous profit.

Are they buying the consoles, or just selling the reservation numbers? Either way, scabby!

Right, I have an automated script refreshing the screen for solus, killzone, knack and ac bundles, and using ocr to grab the screen and check if any in stock...just finishing off sending me a text message now. I knew this stuff might be of benefit someday. Meanwhile need to shower and eat while this is going on.

Are they buying the consoles, or just selling the reservation numbers? Either way, scabby!
    Buying and selling consoles for profit..had a huge argument with one of them last night over this. Not friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The problem is by the time you get the text message and try to reserve it online, the Argos website will have crashed and you will miss out! My advice would be to ring the reservation telephone number tonight at seven and stay on it hopping around checking different stores even if they have no stock, until you see a console appear on the checkargos website, then quick key in that store code and reserve it. That's what I did yesterday and I managed to get two reservations which I then passed on to lads on here. It works!

The problem is by the time you get the text message and try to reserve it online, the Argos website will have crashed and you will miss out! My advice would be to ring the reservation telephone number tonight at seven and stay on it hopping around checking different stores even if they have no stock, until you see a console appear on the checkargos website, then quick key in that store code and reserve it. That's what I did yesterday and I managed to get two reservations which I then passed on to lads on here. It works!

That's a good idea. I only have the PC checking for stock automatically and texting me automatically while I am away from it because I was getting tired of hitting F5 :) But will be glued to phone at 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ps4 for xmas

thats great thanks for the tip smile.png

I have been practicing with multiple mobiles at the same time :)

{Store No}
    Crescent=583
    Cruises=393
    Childers=915
    Mahon=4113

{Catalog No}
    PS4=222540
    Killzone=1447947
    Knack=1473825
    AC=1451483

1. dial 01-2161616
    2. press 1
    3. enter store no + #
    4. press 1
    5. enter catalog no
    6. press 2 to check item
    7. press 1 to enter quantity to check
    8. wait
    9. out of stock, press 1, 1 to select new store
    10. enter store no + #
    11. enter 1 to check if item in this store
    12. repeat step 9. to 11 to check all stores
    13. out of stock, press 1, 2 to select new catalog no
    14. repeat step 5 to 13 until all catalog numbers checked

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

I noticed that chrome seems to be worst for the error pages. IE seems to work the best for checking reservation, I managed to get one reserved yesterday evening through IE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kuthger

Anybody have a reservation they won't be able to get? I will take any bundle and will go anywhere in Ireland to collect, its for my son so would greatly appreciate.. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Just gave it to my brother as an early Christmas present. He was gutted he didn't get one in Tesco and failed to get an Argos code last night. Big surprise for him there when I casually handed it to him like it was no bigie.

Thank you so much A.

Now taking him to the local GS to get some games.

Screw the rip off resellers, hope everyone gets one at cost price for Xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

anyone have a castlebar reservation willing to swap for wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Have a reservation in Tyrone, anyone want to swap for Belfast/Northeast or somewhere in the south?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 keithritchie

I have a kilkenny reservation if anyone was has a dublin one that would be great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

I have a kilkenny reservation if anyone was has a dublin one that would be great

If you don't find anyone to swap it with could I have it? I don't have I code for Dublin but I'm looking around

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭F1erc3

anyone got any Argos pre-order codes they are not using?? Im desperate at this stage and i will literally drive anywhere in the country to get one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamieho

have a Killarney 1 , looking to swap for somewhere closer to dublin

Expires tue at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ferathal

jamieho wrote: »
    have a Killarney 1 , looking to swap for somewhere closer to dublin
    Does that expire today or tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Anybody with anything in munster/leinster/galway? Would be greatly appreciated, I'll even make you a sandwich WITH choice of contents. Unless of course you want a ps4 sandwich because I don't have one of those :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

When I went into Argos in Killarney they had a ps4 behind the pick up counter not collected. Make sure to watch Argos tonight, don't remember any Ps4 onlys coming up as available last night in Killarney so whoever owns its reservation expires tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lellybelly

Looking for a code in Dublin or anywhere really much appreciate thanks lesley

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is feckin madness haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

surely there will be a flood of them in before Christmas, like this is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ferathal

The Smyths in my area saying have received no restocking date yet,Argos seem to only be getting 2-4 at a time, and Amazon say if you order now you won't receive until after xmas. I haven't checked but is the Xbox situation same as the ps4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 eddie_1498

Id defs hit the argos site around 6.30 for nxt few evenings when reservations expire

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ShadowLFC

Anyone with any reservations please let me know, id drive nearly anywhere at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Right iv emailed people got no response so.....cavan ps4 resevation up for grabs...first PM gets it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

gep91 wrote: »
    Right iv emailed people got no response so.....cavan ps4 resevation up for grabs...first PM gets it

The only time somebody wished they lived in cavan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

If anyone has a code for anywhere in Dublin (or nearby areas), I'd be interested. Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement