Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Just to clarify as I have had many people pming me for codes since yesterday I don't have any and would gladly give them away if I don't live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Gone lads sorry. First person that PM me got it.

Good luck. Keep looking it worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭F1erc3

gep91 wrote: »

awww ****e I just seen ur PM and all :(

desperate to get one for the young lad :(

anyone has a reserve code please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Did you just keep refreshing the stock levels page?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 B.O Problem

Anybody got a spare reservation code, greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement

I got one yesterday. Keep an eye on it lads and use phone...not the argos site to reserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Nothing for cork coming up here it seems. If anyone does please please passnit in. Ill make two sandwiches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 banduff12

I got one yesterday. Keep an eye on it lads and use phone...not the argos site to reserve it

What number did you ring? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

I have a kilkenny reservation if anyone was has a dublin one that would be great

if you cant get a swap i would glady take this off of you. i'd even throw in a pack of tayto

• Registered Users Posts: 30 banduff12

I have an xbox one which will be available on the 11th if anyone will swap for ps4?

• Advertisement

banduff12 wrote: »
    What number did you ring? Thanks.

Look a few pages bck full ibstruction there and u need stock checker for argos

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fudd_Man

Has anyone given in to the pressure and bought one of those ridiculously overpriced ps4's on adverts or dd??

The notion they seem to think they can put a mark up of 50% and more in some cases for doin feck all baffles me! A couple of weeks and the shops will be flooded with the things I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

Fudd_Man wrote: »
    Has anyone given in to the pressure and bought one of those ridiculously overpriced ps4's on adverts or dd??

The notion they seem to think they can put a mark up of 50% and more in some cases for doin feck all baffles me! A couple of weeks and the shops will be flooded with the things I'm sure!
    i would if the price was 550 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My friend paid a whopping 560 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fudd_Man

I couldn't justify any more than 550 any more is just pure greed. Iv even seen people selling their pre order receipts for as much as 70-80 quid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

yep - paid 100 over listed price last night, could have made 50 on it an hour later

not sure why people are having a go at sellers, imo they can ask what they like, its not mandatory to pay for it - its business, buy low sell high, its not personal :D

Thanks to cucullen sorted me out with a code one of the many gents that aren't greedy hopefully this sends him some good karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

JamboMac wrote: »
    Thanks to cucullen sorted me out with a code one of the many gents that aren't greedy hopefully this sends him some good karma.

Lucky sod....if you happen to get any more in the mean time...I'm still looking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jasonc99

If anyone could help me out getting the knack version, I would be extremely grateful, in Dublin or drogheda area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

rwg wrote: »
    yep - paid 100 over listed price last night, could have made 50 on it an hour later

not sure why people are having a go at sellers, imo they can ask what they like, its not mandatory to pay for it - its business, buy low sell high, its not personal :D

Possibly because every person who is lucky enough to pick up a PS4 but uses their preorder, reservation etc... for the purposes of selling it for profit; deprives another person who genuinely wants one and may have been able to get it at face value if this person has not bought it; but now cannot afford the overinflated prices people are asking. Of course you could always say that if they really wanted one they should have preordered like all the rest. In any case, I think selling for massive profit is a little scummy. I have seen at least one advert already selling a PS4 from the 2nd batch at 650 euro plus!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

Flaccus wrote: »
    Possibly because every person who is lucky enough to pick up a PS4 but uses their preorder, reservation etc... for the purposes of selling it for profit; deprives another person who genuinely wants one and may have been able to get it at face value if this person has not bought it; but now cannot afford the overinflated prices people are asking. Of course you could always say that if they really wanted one they should have preordered like all the rest. In any case, I think selling for massive profit is a little scummy. I have seen at least one advert already selling a PS4 from the 2nd batch at 650 euro plus!!

remember sony has caused this by drip feeding - not the opportunist people

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

If anyone has a Dublin/Leinster code is really appreciate it. Been glued to Argos stock checker for days but getting no where.

Yes, all part of the hype I suppose. People see a chance to make a quick buck. But that doesn't say much about your character in my view especially in the context that people are trying to secure these PS4's for Christmas. If I had bought a PS4 and decided because of the cost of the games, pants internet connection, don't have a hdmi input on my tv, brother bought one, sisters wedding coming up and need to sell it, got a new dog for xmas and he doesn't like consoles :)
    etc..., I would sell it for face value because I would feel better about myself selling it to someone who genuinely wants it rather than screwing someone over who genuinely wants it. Why should I sell it for a profit ? What value do I add ? This happened for the PS2 launch with me. I didn't really like any of the launch games after trying them the day before at the booth in Smyths (when they were on Henry St. in Limerick), had the console paid off and simply sold it for what I paid, unopened. It's bad enough that companies are screwing us over with trade in prices (but they are a business and that's their purpose), that boardsies and others feel the need to do it and make up lame excuses. It's just how I feel and why I always try to set a fair price when I sell something on adverts. Although in some cases I'm likely ripping myself off :)

No it's the opportunist causing this, they can only make so much without sending out loads of duds. Japan won't get any till around February to feed the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Bad form by Sony to release it so close to the holidays so people dont get their hands on it. Should have released it in early October so hardcore fans would get them and then allow the Xmas crowd pick them up over November and December. This just allows the greedy resellers buy them all up. Sickening the way they buying them up to rip off people who want them for the holidays. Release it in October and there would be no market for this crap. I can understand maybe €50 onto the price as youre giving up your ps4 but double the price for pure profit is taking the piss. Not that you can blame them. Sony are at fault here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Scumbags is what they are. No better than touts for concerts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ps4 for xmas

anyone get a code for limerick

I have been looking for a Limerick code since Saturday morning....It's maddening. HOPE someone gets one.

Guess we will all check at 7pm and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

looking for a Limerick code as well since Friday it's so frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

what are these 'codes' ?

is there any chance that this whole thing is a publicity stunt and there will be another release this side of christmas??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement