Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

JamboMac wrote: »
    No it's the opportunist causing this, they can only make so much without sending out loads of duds. Japan won't get any till around February to feed the rest of us.

would have to disagree, sony have warehouses full of stock - drip feeding causes hysteria and is an advertising coup with scenes of people rushing to pick up a ps4 as if its the best thing since sliced bread

basic business fundamentals, supply and demand - sony arent meeting the demand, not that they cant, they are choosing not to meet the demand because they will sell anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

rwg wrote: »
    would have to disagree, sony have warehouses full of stock - drip feeding causes hysteria and is an advertising coup with scenes of people rushing to pick up a ps4 as if its the best thing since sliced bread

basic business fundamentals, supply and demand - sony arent meeting the demand, not that they cant, they are choosing not to meet the demand because they will sell anyways

Your post makes no sense. Surely its in their interest to supply all demand and maximise their profits. There are loads of people who might never buy one if they don't get one before xmas. Not hardcore gamers but parents and girl/boyfriends etc.

And do you have proof of this warehouse full PS4s that Sony are supposedly sitting on rather than selling them?

It seems to me reading online that demand for this console is off the scale and has surpassed everyones expectations, even Sony's. I've certainly never seen this before for any normal consumer goods. Its more like something you'd see when people are trying to get tickets for some hugely popular concert, not a gaming console that's going to be on sale for the next 8 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

what are these 'codes' ?

is there any chance that this whole thing is a publicity stunt and there will be another release this side of christmas??
    They are argos reservation codes. Tell the shop the code and theyll sell you a PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

rwg wrote: »

So why are they not doing a japan launch this side of Christmas, they rushed this launch because the ps3 event and I would love to know this info on warehouse full so they would rather lose money by storing them rather than selling them that's not good business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

what are these 'codes' ?
    Argos reservation codes.
    is there any chance that this whole thing is a publicity stunt and there will be another release this side of christmas??
    I seriously doubt it. It's been out in the US for ~2 weeks and stock is still very hard to come by. The demand is way too high for what little stock is out there.

They could ramp up production rates with more factories but once demand levels out after Christmas they'll have superfluous loss-making factories.

• Advertisement

I can't understand why more people didn't pre order. You could even pay in installments. It's a bit much complaining about Sony not meeting the demand if you didn't let them know you wanted one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

argos site is down now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tigger123

MadYaker wrote: »
    I can't understand why more people didn't pre order. You could even pay in installments. It's a bit much complaining about Sony not meeting the demand if you didn't let them know you wanted one.

Do you think Sony looked at the amount of pre-orders and then decided to only ship that amount of consoles?

tigger123 wrote: »
    Do you think Sony looked at the amount of pre-orders and then decided to only ship that amount of consoles?

What a silly question. No I don't, if that were the case then only people who pre ordered would get them. But id say they definitely use it to judge demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

notiing poping up on argos tonight i reckon they have none left at all now
    no point in refreshing checkargos anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

Barely anybody on here is complaining about Sony and we know we should have pre-ordered. With a comment like that you clearly already have one or are not bothered about finding one so what are you doing here? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

biggebruv wrote: »
    notiing poping up on argos tonight i reckon they have none left at all now
    no point in refreshing checkargos anymore

AH I see what your doing there :D

I agree though, this is all putting me in foul humour, time to give up

If anyone has Cork and dont need it please pass it on :)

Im sure alot of people like myself have deposits in Gamestop/Xttravision etc but have been told to wait 2/3 weeks or until after Xmas, thats why we are here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mulliboy

Just grabbed a ps4 in my local Argos store NO THANKS to anyone on this site! I see a load you guys getting praise and thanks for giving away their reservations but I think that is a load of nonsense!!!

I was one of the people that got stung on launch day at Argos because people 100's of miles away reserved the only copies in my local store, knowing in the back of their minds that they could never collect the item because it was too far away! Then they swap these reservations with people on this site who never put the effort into queueing outside Argos in the early hours Friday morning!

Argos made the mistake in the first place allowing reservations when they repeatedly told me that it was a first come first serve basis on launch day! But people like the people on this board didn't help matters, reserving items that they could never collect. One lad queued from midnight on Friday outside Argos only to be told when the doors opened that all the ps4's had been reserved!

So, if any of you truly "Good Guys" wanna help.... Don't reserve any more copies unless you can definitely collect it or have a friend in mind to reserve it for! Otherwise you're only stopping other "LOCAL" people getting their hands on the limited stock in their Local Argos Stores!!!

P.S The whole - whoever pm me first thing gets the reservation is totally NOT fair. Someone could be watching the board.ie site for ages and post up looking for a reservation - only for some person who hasn't been monitoring the site to come on and get in first with the pm! It might seem fair but it's not!!!

Fairest thing is to repeat myself again - don't reserve stock unless you're definitely gonna collect it or unless you're reserving it for a friend who is from that area!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

I think most here are kicking ourselves for not pre-ordering.

Youd think having a ps4 wouldnt make you so bitter!
    Goodluck and goodbye then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Mulliboy wrote: »
    Just grabbed a ps4 in my local Argos store NO THANKS to anyone on this site! I see a load you guys getting praise and thanks for giving away their reservations but I think that is a load of nonsense!!!

I was one of the people that got stung on launch day at Argos because people 100's of miles away reserved the only copies in my local store, knowing in the back of their minds that they could never collect the item because it was too far away! Then they swap these reservations with people on this site who never put the effort into queueing outside Argos in the early hours Friday morning!

Argos made the mistake in the first place allowing reservations when they repeatedly told me that it was a first come first serve basis on launch day! But people like the people on this board didn't help matters, reserving items that they could never collect. One lad queued from midnight on Friday outside Argos only to be told when the doors opened that all the ps4's had been reserved!

So, if any of you truly "Good Guys" wanna help.... Don't reserve any more copies unless you can definitely collect it or have a friend in mind to reserve it for! Otherwise you're only stopping other "LOCAL" people getting their hands on the limited stock in their Local Argos Stores!!!

P.S The whole - whoever pm me first thing gets the reservation is totally NOT fair. Someone could be watching the board.ie site for ages and post up looking for a reservation - only for some person who hasn't been monitoring the site to come on and get in first with the pm! It might seem fair but it's not!!!

Fairest thing is to repeat myself again - don't reserve stock unless you're definitely gonna collect it or unless you're reserving it for a friend who is from that area!!!

matlog1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Spent30 minutes on the phone just now hopping from store to store. No luck.

Same here! Pointless exercise at this rate

Flaccus wrote: »

Likewise. The whole unknown status thing is a total prick tease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I didn't bother queuing because I knew this would happen with Argos and I'm many people reserved them on Friday in places they could collect them over the weekend and since you couldn't reserve one how did you get it today.

Haven't seen anything pop up good luck guys think tomorrow is the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Glad i passed that code to a truely nice person. Made me feel better. Good luck to those still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Make sure those bitter tears don't fall on your DualShock controller and short circuit it Mulliboy... LOLZ. U MAD?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Im sure alot of people like myself have deposits in Gamestop/Xttravision etc but have been told to wait 2/3 weeks or until after Xmas, thats why we are here

If you pre-ordered late in Xtravision call them,if my local store is anything to go by there's quite a few that haven't been collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Flaccus wrote: »

Same here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I have a reservation for Derby to swap for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

disco girl wrote: »
    Same here....

Wait til u see in stock on argos checker then dial quickly...press the buttons ..dont wait for her voice command

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Arciphel wrote: »
    Make sure those bitter tears don't fall on your DualShock controller and short circuit it Mulliboy... LOLZ. U MAD?

No need for this sort of post, really. Mulliboy is expressing an opinion (and personally I agree with some, not all, of his points about block-booking) and he's entitled to that. We want this forum to be welcoming to newcomers and veterans alike, so need for the silly sarcasm.

joeperry wrote: »
    I have a reservation for Derby to swap for Dublin.

Midlands UK?

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Not posting this to rub it in or gloat, posting to show and thank gep91 that I have used his code and that I'm not a dirty scalper.

Thank you again gep91, fair play! :)

Best of luck everyone that is still looking for one.

Tip: Found out this morning from a girl working in Smyth's Jetland Limerick that any pre-ordered consoles that aren't claimed by close of business Monday will go on general sale on Tuesday morning. Not sure is this applying to all stores or only that one.

ef9whJu.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement