Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Mulliboy wrote: »

Argos made the mistake in the first place allowing reservations when they repeatedly told me that it was a first come first serve basis on launch day!

There is the problem. You then come on here spouting rubbish, fact is Argos allowed reservations and told you they wouldnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

daRobot wrote: »
    Midlands UK?

LOL

Yeah worth a shot :p:pac::pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mulliboy wrote: »
    Just grabbed a ps4 in my local Argos store NO THANKS to anyone on this site! I see a load you guys getting praise and thanks for giving away their reservations but I think that is a load of nonsense!!!

I was one of the people that got stung on launch day at Argos because people 100's of miles away reserved the only copies in my local store, knowing in the back of their minds that they could never collect the item because it was too far away! Then they swap these reservations with people on this site who never put the effort into queueing outside Argos in the early hours Friday morning!

Argos made the mistake in the first place allowing reservations when they repeatedly told me that it was a first come first serve basis on launch day! But people like the people on this board didn't help matters, reserving items that they could never collect. One lad queued from midnight on Friday outside Argos only to be told when the doors opened that all the ps4's had been reserved!

So, if any of you truly "Good Guys" wanna help.... Don't reserve any more copies unless you can definitely collect it or have a friend in mind to reserve it for! Otherwise you're only stopping other "LOCAL" people getting their hands on the limited stock in their Local Argos Stores!!!

P.S The whole - whoever pm me first thing gets the reservation is totally NOT fair. Someone could be watching the board.ie site for ages and post up looking for a reservation - only for some person who hasn't been monitoring the site to come on and get in first with the pm! It might seem fair but it's not!!!

Fairest thing is to repeat myself again - don't reserve stock unless you're definitely gonna collect it or unless you're reserving it for a friend who is from that area!!!

This site isn't set up just help people with Argos reservations, but if you hadn't just joined and had more than 3 posts you might know that.

There should have been something in place here that only regular posters could swap reservations. People here with 5/6 posts could be scalpers for all we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Glad you got it super sonic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm still waiting on a code folks, someone surely wants to take advantage of my offer to name my kid after them,as Geldof would say Give Us Your ****en code...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

gep91 wrote: »
    Glad you got it super sonic :)

Thanks man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Not posting this to rub it in or gloat, posting

Best of luck everyone that is still looking for one.

Tip: Found out this morning from a girl working in Smyth's Jetland Limerick that any pre-ordered consoles that aren't claimed by close of business Monday will go on general sale on Tuesday morning. Not sure is this applying to all stores or only that one.

Yepp . Thats what I've heard aswell . My Smyths said that they will give a bit more time for collection ,but I was told that I can have one on friday. The store has 40 consoles in the back ,30 are confirmed as wanted and 10 have not even bothered to contact the store . Smyths need to clear the stock so they can get in the next wave from Sony.

The shop is also packed out with XBO's ,they cant get rid of them and need to shift stock from the store room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Surely Smyths would just offer the ps4 to the next batch of block bookings?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Surely Smyths would just offer the ps4 to the next batch of block bookings?

This is what I was told in both Smyths and Gamestop earlier today, there wont be any PS4 or Xbox One free sale till the new year.

Have bookings in both Xtra Vision and Gamestop, called them today, both said all pre orders were collected. ugghh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 gon250

is not possible get one in amazon?¿

YOull have to wait until after Xmas Id say!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Anonymous, TESCO, Cork had 9 of fifteen taken by staff: Gamestop will have fifteen or so for drop in customers. Keep asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gon250

Thanks you.. I have to wait, I'll buy a ps4 in Spain, I'm there in 2 weeks, but I can´t wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Wait til u see in stock on argos checker then dial quickly...press the buttons ..dont wait for her voice command

That's what I did....nearly have all the store numbers memorised now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mulliboy

Not much point in replying to the non intellectual responses! Had enough with silly people on this forum already! Take care lads and I genuinely do hope you all get sorted with a ps4! Just do the right thing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Glad i done the right thing :)

Glad i done the right thing :)

You did, And cheers for the offer today

• Registered Users Posts: 30 banduff12

Anyone have a code for cork by any chance or a pre-order? I also have an xbox that will be available on the 11th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Same here. My 2 reservations went to good homes. Thanks to the info I received in here early on Friday morning I got 3 reserved.... and released the spare 2 to fellow Boardsies here early yesterday. It is a great community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

gon250 wrote: »
    Thanks you.. I have to wait, I'll buy a ps4 in Spain, I'm there in 2 weeks, but I can´t wait.

Are you sure they have available stock in Spain? If the do I'll be looking for flights for the weekend. Any excuse for a holiday!

Although if there's any Irish or NI codes going I would take one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

disco girl wrote: »
    That's what I did....nearly have all the store numbers memorised now! :D

Did you manage to get one?

JamboMac wrote: »
    Did you manage to get one?

Nope not yet! :pac:

Nope not yet! :pac:

I'd say tomorrow more will pop up as reservation seems to last 2 days.

Didn't see any today but wasn't pushed, hope mines there tomorrow and not with some dodgy staff member.

JamboMac wrote: »
    I'd say tomorrow more will pop up as reservation seems to last 2 days.

Didn't see any today but wasn't pushed, hope mines there tomorrow and not with some dodgy staff member.

Well so far everyone has gotten one that was reserved so you should be ok! What bundle did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Been busting my ass trying to get one since launch on Argos online and ringing shops all around the country as many have been doing but to no avail.

Imagine my surprise when my granny rang me to say that she just popped into town and got one for me. It was just so casual, genuinely still don't know how she did it but I do know that I love that woman :D
    She lives in Carlow and she doesnt even know the name of the shop she got it in, said it was a small electrical shop that opened in the last couple weeks if that's any help. Hate to rub it in to those really trying but I thought the story was worth sharing :P

Well so far everyone has gotten one that was reserved so you should be ok! What bundle did you get?

Kill zone so decent enough never played any previous ones so should be interesting. Might skip college tomorrow .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Rob094 wrote: »
    Been busting my ass trying to get one since launch on Argos online and ringing shops all around the country as many have been doing but to no avail.

Imagine my surprise when my granny rang me to say that she just popped into town and got one for me. It was just so casual, genuinely still don't know how she did it but I do know that I love that woman :D
    She lives in Carlow and she doesnt even know the name of the shop she got it in, said it was a small electrical shop that opened in the last couple weeks if that's any help. Hate to rub it in to those really trying but I thought the story was worth sharing :P

Its probably a PS2

Rob094 wrote: »

She is a legend like many of our grannies they know something we don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Its probably a PS2

That was my first thought, since been verified :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement