Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

JamboMac wrote: »
    She is a legend like many of our grannies they know something we don't.

"Have you got one of those pisss things, you know the kind you plug into your TV and you can bat a dot like playing tennis?"

In stitches the salesman just hands it over.

Go Grannie GO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

If the expiry on Friday mornings phone reservations was to be believed/trusted they expire at end of Monday 2nd Dec so keep an eye out after shops close tomorrow. The Web bookings stated they expired end of yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Rane

So I managed to get my PS4 earlier today from an Argos in Dublin.

Have a spare reservation code for the Argos in Killarney (Kerry); Anyone who's going to be able to collect it tomorrow before close let me know and you can have the code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

there are still some consoles held back and sneaky cancellations I would say. One of my friends managed to get one in Brown Thomas today, so keep the hope guys

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gon250

In dublin?¿

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Rane wrote: »
    So I managed to get my PS4 earlier today from an Argos in Dublin.

Have a spare reservation code for the Argos in Killarney (Kerry); Anyone who's going to be able to collect it tomorrow before close let me know and you can have the code :)

I'll take that if you don't mind. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This is what I was told in both Smyths and Gamestop earlier today, there wont be any PS4 or Xbox One free sale till the new year.

None for walk ins till the end of Feb or early March, but I have been saying that for weeks, not sure why people thought they were deliberately holding back stock :pac: but at least people are having some luck with smaller stores :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

JamboMac wrote: »
    Kill zone so decent enough never played any previous ones so should be interesting. Might skip college tomorrow .:)

Well it is the time of year for coughs and colds and flu etc etc...;)

I'll take one too please

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How the Dexter of Dublin met his first two victims.

• Advertisement

How the Dexter of Dublin met his first two victims.

LOL :D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AdrianOconnell

One code gone now , just one left sorry

One code gone now , just one left sorry

sent you a text ages ago! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

If the expiry on Friday mornings phone reservations was to be believed/trusted they expire at end of Monday 2nd Dec so keep an eye out after shops close tomorrow. The Web bookings stated they expired end of yesterday.

All gone sorry but a mate has one or 2 , I'll see and get back online if he has .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Any for Cork? Pllllllllllllease :D

He has 2 but one is his own , text me on 0 eight 7 seven five three 99 two three

And when he sends it to me I'll send it on , gtg now data is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

I now face the task of trying to get my hands on 3 of them. Bundles or on their own. All for Christmas presents, myself and my 2 sisters (for our boyfriends). What's the chances of this? Will try Argos after close of business tomorrow, otherwise I'll be on a Tuesday morning flight.... What to do...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

please be me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

JenL wrote: »
    I now face the task of trying to get my hands on 3 of them. Bundles or on their own. All for Christmas presents, myself and my 2 sisters (for our boyfriends). What's the chances of this? Will try Argos after close of business tomorrow, otherwise I'll be on a Tuesday morning flight.... What to do...?

Extremely slim unless you are willing to overspend and buy them off the lads ripping people off on donedeal or adverts.ie etc.

• Advertisement

or me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Extremely slim unless you are willing to overspend and buy them off the lads ripping people off on donedeal or adverts.ie etc.

I thought as much :( to be honest I'd rather chance going abroad than give those rip off merchants my money. It's a pity some people are going to be so hard up to find one and don't want to disappoint a loved one and will pay that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 donna1910

really need a code for any ps4 bundle :)

portlaoise/Carlow/naas/tallaght/tullamore

please help me out if you have a spare

I was also skrewed by Tesco was told the had 15, thurs evening, qued all night then at 6am was told they had only 3 :(
    and I was 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gutted :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 niallmaher

Had a pre order but a emergency in mid October meant that ps4 earmarked money had to go elsewhere so I cancelled it. Watch dogs getting delayed made it easier to let go.

Lucky for me work has been good the last few weeks so I made the cash again but now everyone is sniping all the PS4's in every argos in the damn country even if they live 200 miles away and have zero intention of buying it.

I know we all want PS4's but I hope argos disable the online and phone reservations. Its just getting abused to hell and back now and getting in the way of people who want to buy the console in favour of people who want to trade the reservations.

/partypooper

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Looks like there are chancers everywhere. 1500 pounds? And he will not accept returns if it is opened? The Merry Christmas 2013 on the listing has to be a joke!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-PLAYSTATION-PS4-GAMER-MEGA-BUNDLE-2XCONTROLLERS-CAMERA-DUAL-CHARGER-STAND-/331078331162?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item4d15ce6b1a

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jasonc99

Could I have the other code please, would really appreciate it if someone could help me get a knack bundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

wonski wrote: »
    Looks like there are chancers everywhere. 1500 pounds? And he will not accept returns if it is opened? The Merry Christmas 2013 on the listing has to be a joke!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-PLAYSTATION-PS4-GAMER-MEGA-BUNDLE-2XCONTROLLERS-CAMERA-DUAL-CHARGER-STAND-/331078331162?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item4d15ce6b1a

Ah but he's taking the £35 hit on postage. He doesn't have to do that, very generous of him

It cost him £469 + £35 so only £1000 profit. Poor man won't be able to survive this Christmas

Suppose people are desperate, but these bottomfeeders make me sick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I would have thought it went without saying not to post your phone number on a public forum, but seemingly not! DO NOT POST YOUR PHONE NUMBER!

I also think we're going to instigate a new rule here because too many people are signing up just to beg for codes. So from here on in anyone requesting a code but has only signed up in Nov / Dec just for the purposes of requesting a reservation will have their request deleted. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately, just because we don't like seeing the forum and posters taken advantage of. If you're a newcomer happy to share reservations of your own, great, but don't do so just in the hope of getting one closer to home yourself.

For everyone else, it goes without saying that exchanges are completely up to your own discretion, and we can't police it. Up to you to ensure it goes to someone who hasn't sign up just to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

When do people reckon the next argos wave is going to be coming in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

When do people reckon the next argos wave is going to be coming in?
    The guy in dun laoghaire said it might be 2-3 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement