Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JJZULUAGA

I have a question a reservation number for a ps4 it's usually 6 digits or 8 I just got a guy offering me a reservation code for ps4 but I don't think it's right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just checked my many phone notifications and they have always seemed to be six digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I have a reservation for Argos Killarney which is for 2 KZ bundles on a single reservation number. It expires this evening. I am not going to be able to make it down after all (I had hoped to get the day / half day off work and drive down today), so am wondering if there is any good soul based in Cork who'd be interested and willing to pick up the 2, and bring the spare back to me in exchange (full reimbursement of course), and I can go halves on fuel costs also.

And before anyone jumps on my back for having a reservation for a quantity of 2, I got the code in swap with another forum member as it was closer to Cork and I had intended to drive there. In other words it wasn't my choice to reserve a quantity of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Any codes for Waterford lads, getting desperate here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

JJZULUAGA wrote: »
    I have a question a reservation number for a ps4 it's usually 6 digits or 8 I just got a guy offering me a reservation code for ps4 but I don't think it's right

6 Digits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Irishder wrote: »
    Any codes for Waterford lads, getting desperate here

+1 on this :)

Spoke to staff in Argos, they had 4 on Friday , 5 on Saturday. She said they are getting stock on a day to day basis but they have no idea of quantities :(

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

+1 on this :)

Spoke to staff in Argos, they had 4 on Friday , 5 on Saturday. She said they are getting stock on a day to day basis but they have no idea of quantities :(

so they are getting stock but dont know how many they are getting? is this for every argos or just waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

Anyone with a code for Letterkenny or Strabane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

jArgHA wrote: »
    I have a reservation for Argos Killarney which is for 2 KZ bundles on a single reservation number. It expires this evening. I am not going to be able to make it down after all (I had hoped to get the day / half day off work and drive down today), so am wondering if there is any good soul based in Cork who'd be interested and willing to pick up the 2, and bring the spare back to me in exchange (full reimbursement of course), and I can go halves on fuel costs also.

And before anyone jumps on my back for having a reservation for a quantity of 2, I got the code in swap with another forum member as it was closer to Cork and I had intended to drive there. In other words it wasn't my choice to reserve a quantity of 2.

+1! Can somebody please help out jArgHA, I'd feel very guilty if he missed out on his PS4 seeing as he sorted out one for me over the weekend. He is a top bloke and should be rewarded, and also he is 100% trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Arciphel wrote: »
    +1! Can somebody please help out jArgHA, I'd feel very guilty if he missed out on his PS4 seeing as he sorted out one for me over the weekend. He is a top bloke and should be rewarded, and also he is 100% trustworthy.

I would love to but can't get down there today, have school run...:( (in Dublin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

I would keep an eye on DID and power city, see if they have some floating in

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

Where are these codes for? Anyone any around Tipp?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Djhanos wrote: »
    so they are getting stock but dont know how many they are getting? is this for every argos or just waterford?

She said all stores will receive some stock in dribs and drabs. It seems to be pot luck for everyone :(

She said all stores will receive some stock in dribs and drabs. It seems to be pot luck for everyone :(

damn if i have no luck this week im just going to sell my ps3 and pay overprice well as long as its under 550-600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Argos in city centre Dublin also confirmed they'd be getting deliveries in each day.

Two have popped up as in stock online but as soon as I got to the final reservation page, they'd disappeared both times!

tmc86 wrote: »
    Argos in city centre Dublin also confirmed they'd be getting deliveries in each day.

Two have popped up as in stock online but as soon as I got to the final reservation page, they'd disappeared both times!

today?

tmc86 wrote: »

Did they pop up on the checkargos site? Or on the argos site? Were they for Dublin stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 billy87

will there be stock before xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

disco girl wrote: »
    Did they pop up on the checkargos site? Or on the argos site? Were they for Dublin stores?

On the Argos site; one said available for collection this morning (Ilac) then the other was about half an hour ago (Jervis) but by the time I got to the final reservation page they had gone.

There might be a problem with the site as when I rang Jervis she said they had all gone this morning but they'll be getting sporadic deliveries this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Picked up mine from Liffey valley thanks to CuCullen, lads be wary had a junkie follow me out of Argos asking me questions and then one on the bus, if you can don't get public transport. People don't ask about the price of something unless resale value.

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    Picked up mine from Liffey valley thanks to CuCullen

Enjoy it.....some feedback on it too if you can please :D

yeh i wouldnt take public transport for something like that lol especially by myself

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Feedback: its a good console nice and smooth, can be a bit loud sometimes. Voice commands are pretty cool.

Hold off getting BF4 because at the moment its pretty much broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Have to put in an appearance at college First Lady from Argos seemed like stock wasn't a big issue so good to all the rest see if I can find somebody one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Bring a big shopping bag, one that isn't see through and has big handles so you can hang it off your shoulder. When I got mine in Liffey valley it was early in the morning so not busy, but I was still looking around making sure that nobody saw me pick it up and was following me to the car. Be careful out there people, there is scumbags everywhere.

As an aside, I was thinking about putting some phonebooks into my empty PS4 box and see how much I could flog it for outside Argos :)

As an aside, I was thinking about putting some phonebooks into my empty PS4 box and see how much I could flog it for outside Argos :)

lmfao......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I'll take it!

€400. Take it or leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

JamboMac wrote: »
    Picked up mine from Liffey valley thanks to CuCullen, lads be wary had a junkie follow me out of Argos asking me questions and then one on the bus, if you can don't get public transport. People don't ask about the price of something unless resale value.

On that note, maybe bring a carry on piece of luggage, and put the box in that to disguise it.

I certainly wouldn't fancy taking public transport with one of these. Almost asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

the check argos site

Killzone Bundle

Knack Bundle

• Advertisement

gep91 wrote: »
    the check argos site

Killzone Bundle

Knack Bundle

are they the only bundles argos is doing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement