Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Djhanos wrote: »
    are they the only bundles argos is doing?

No they're doing the ones with Fifa 14 and Killzone with the camera etc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Huntelaar

Have a Castlebar reservation for a solus PS4. Anyone in/near Dublin willing to swap!? PM me cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

disco girl wrote: »
    No they're doing the ones with Fifa 14 and Killzone with the camera etc as well.

oh ok its just i never seen them in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

disco girl wrote: »

Has anyone actually seen one of these on Checkargos? Ive only seen the standard Killzone and Knack bundle pop up.

Omeceron wrote: »
    Has anyone actually seen one of these on Checkargos? Ive only seen the standard Killzone and Knack bundle pop up.

No not yet and when I went into Argos yesterday and checked on the stock checker all the ps4 bundles said sold out except for the Fifa one...it said coming soon!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

Huntelaar wrote: »
    Have a Castlebar reservation for a solus PS4. Anyone in/near Dublin willing to swap!? PM me cheers

If you don't find someone to swap it with could I have it? I'm only 50km from Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

As of 9.30am this morning there is a PS4 solus in Gamestop the Parkway Limerick up for grabs, if anyone want's to chance ringing them on 061-401430. This was a preorder not collected. They have a few preorders not collected but are ringing the buyers who have them fully paid off to ask what the story is. I believe this single one only has the usual minimum deposit on it. Apparently they need to get all preorders sold before Sony will send them the next shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Huntelaar

innthe wrote: »
    If you don't find someone to swap it with could I have it? I'm only 50km from Castlebar

Sorry just found a friend who can pick it up for me! Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

Flaccus wrote: »
    As of 9.30am this morning there is a PS4 solus in Gamestop the Parkway Limerick up for grabs, if anyone want's to chance ringing them on 061-401430. This was a preorder not collected. They have a few preorders not collected but are ringing the buyers who have them fully paid off to ask what the story is. I believe this single one only has the usual minimum deposit on it. Apparently they need to get all preorders sold before Sony will send them the next shipment.

Surely this will just go to people who are on the Gamestop waiting list and have been told to wait until after Christmas. Don't see why they would put it on general sale...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

Huntelaar wrote: »
    Sorry just found a friend who can pick it up for me! Apologies

Have fun with it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

anyone wants to swap cork code for dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JJZULUAGA

How many digits is your reservation code I just wonder because I have one from Dublin that I just got

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

JJZULUAGA wrote: »
    How many digits is your reservation code I just wonder because I have one from Dublin that I just got

they should be all 6 digits

JJZULUAGA wrote: »

my one is 6 digits

is there any chance to check the code before i swap with someone? dont want to get srewed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stan73

Hi all, I've been watching this thread on/off for a couple of weeks now and its great to see folks sharing info and product codes and coming up trumps. Im getting pretty desperate at this stage and like all of you, I feel like I'm exhausting every avenue without any success. If anyone has a code for Mayo/Galway/Sligo or pretty much anywhere and feels like taking pity on a Castlebar Dad with no fingernails left I'll be in your debt forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AL1276

If anybody has a spare code for any stores in Naas/Dublin, I'd deeply appreciate it. I have a pre order down at an Xtra Vision in Naas, but it was a late order, as I had no clue if I'd have the money a while back. It could be a long time again they get a fresh batch of PS4's in.

I have a PS3/Killzone bundle I picked up at 9.08am this morning for 439.99 in Gamestop. The only one in the store. One that was not collected. On reflection I am not that impressed with the launch PS4 games, and I reckon when I bring it home this evening I will play it for a while and then it will be just sitting there. So I probably should not have bought it. I know there are loads of ye out there, desperate to get your hands on one for Christmas. So what I am prepared to do is let this go for what I paid which of course includes the receipt. It's obviously unopened.

So..I am going to stick this on adverts shortly as I believe that is the only way to sell this within the boards/adverts rules. I'm sure it will be the only one going for rrp...lol It's the PS4/Killzone bundle so just comes with the killzone game and the receipt. And it's unopened obviously [except they did take the outer box off to scan the barcode on the outside of the inner box].

The only caveat is I am in cork until 4.30pm today, 5pm the latest, and the ONLY way I can sell this is if someone meets me in the retail park in Mahon point before I leave (where PCWorld/Curry's is). Therefore if someone is going to offer on it, it's on this condition. No point in offering and saying you can pick it up some other day. In truth after today the temptation will be too much to open it and I need to pick something up today from Currys so need the cash :). And I only take cash :) Anyway, add going up shortly. Said I would give a heads up here as this is a thread for people looking for a PS4 (although there may be some scalpers reading this too..hopefully not).

I have a PS3/Killzone bundle I picked up at 9.08am this morning for 439.99 in Gamestop. The only one in the store. One that was not collected. On reflection I am not that impressed with the launch PS4 games, and I reckon when I bring it home this evening I will play it for a while and then it will be just sitting there. So I probably should not have bought it. I know there are loads of ye out there, desperate to get your hands on one for Christmas. So what I am prepared to do is let this go for what I paid which of course includes the receipt. It's obviously unopened.

So..I am going to stick this on adverts shortly as I believe that is the only way to sell this within the boards/adverts rules. I'm sure it will be the only one going for rrp...lol It's the PS4/Killzone bundle so just comes with the killzone game and the receipt. And it's unopened obviously [except they did take the outer box off to scan the barcode on the outside of the inner box].

The only caveat is I am in cork until 4.30pm today, 5pm the latest, and the ONLY way I can sell this is if someone meets me in the retail park in Mahon point before I leave (where PCWorld/Curry's is). Therefore if someone is going to offer on it, it's on this condition. No point in offering and saying you can pick it up some other day. In truth after today the temptation will be too much to open it and I need to pick something up today from Currys so need the cash :). And I only take cash :) Anyway, add going up shortly. Said I would give a heads up here as this is a thread for people looking for a PS4 (although there may be some scalpers reading this too..hopefully not).

Anyone got a teleporter please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

too many new people looking for codes on here. I agree with previous post that we need watch this or have a measure in place to prevent people setting up on boards.ie just to get codes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I expect it to be the quickest ever sale on Adverts. I doubt you will get any of the usual silly offers. Good luck, and fair play to you for asking price.

Good luck, won't take long for that to be snapped up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Good for you. I commented on your ad.

wonski wrote: »
    I expect it to be the quickest ever sale on Adverts. I doubt you will get any of the usual silly offers. Good luck, and fair play to you for asking price.

lol aaaaaaaand it's gone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stan73

Hats off to you Flaccus

Thanks for the nice comments. Much appreciated. Weirdly the same thing happened me with the PS2 launch :)

It's gone allright..a chap is trying to get to meet me in Mahon, Cork today before I leave. It's so tempting to keep this......but I won't.

I will update the ad later with the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just responsded, if both offers fall through I'm in the area and would love this.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Not that it matters now but argos emailed me back saying that the consoles went on preorder and the staff werent allowed touch them :P Lying *****.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just responsded, if both offers fall through I'm in the area and would love this.

One of the offers fell threw as the chap can't get to Cork. So I guess you are customer #2. oddly not many offers on the ad. I guess the location might be inconvenient or people are working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement