Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya I suppose the time frame and location restricts the potential sale of it but either way it looks like you'll be rid of it today.

Fairplay too BTW in not scalping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

May have a code for cork later this evening. Will know around 7. I am still stuck for a Dublin one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Just giving ye the heads up to keep an eye on Monaghan availability at whatever time the reservations are freed up again this evening. There is a chance 1 may appear due to uncollected reservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SHstyles93

Just an update for people, don't know if this means much to you or if you have already been told but I just rang Gamestop and they said they will be getting more PS4 consoles in before Christmas (I was in the second batch of pre-orders so i'm not sure if they will be for general sale) so I would presume most retailers will be getting them in. So if you can't get your hands on one this weekend or this week then don't think you won't get one before Christmas because there is a good chance that you might. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

leex wrote: »
    Just giving ye the heads up to keep an eye on Monaghan availability at whatever time the reservations are freed up again this evening. There is a chance 1 may appear due to uncollected reservation.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll be refreshing the page like mad :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

SHstyles93 wrote: »
    Just an update for people, don't know if this means much to you or if you have already been told but I just rang Gamestop and they said they will be getting more PS4 consoles in before Christmas (I was in the second batch of pre-orders so i'm not sure if they will be for general sale) so I would presume most retailers will be getting them in. So if you can't get your hands on one this weekend or this week then don't think you won't get one before Christmas because there is a good chance that you might. :)

They are only for pre orders and they will not be getting enough in to cover the second batch, so you will not have any for general sale there for a few months yet as they still have huge lists to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up.

I'll be refreshing the page like mad :pac:

Better chance with 01-2161616 and have the store code ready. Do a dummy run on it with another product before closing so you get familiar with the options and know what digit to press to skip the longwinded instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

have cork code, will swap for dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

smokedaddy wrote: »
    have cork code, will swap for dublin

What are you gonna do if you dont get an offer of a Dublin code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

What are you gonna do if you dont get an offer of a Dublin code?

will give it away to someone or try to pick it up myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Fair play, have seen GavRed and Slimshaney both looking throughout the weekend for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

Amazon screwed me because I changed my delivery method :( Ordered 28th Oct so was promised one before Christmas and in the interest of seeing it arrive quicker I changed the delivery method from one that would take 4-5 working days to one that would only take 2, when I did this the estimate changed stating I would receive AFTER Christmas...

Spoke to Customer Services and she pretty much just said "It's your fault, you shouldn't have changed delivery method, deal with it" (not even exaggerating..)

Been trying Argos twice a day ever since if anyone has anything in Limerick they can't get to then I'd be grateful if you could help me out

(Also has anyone had a similar problem with Amazon? Is it right that they changed my delivery date when It still shows I ordered 28th Oct and should be in the second wave?)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Just wondering why everyone is in such tizzy over trying to get a PS4 in a hurry? Maybe im wrong but from what I can see the PS4 isnt worth getting yet with just 10 games released for it at the moment, games that you probably wouldnt even usually purchase. Would people not be better off waiting until the new year when more games have been released from it. Ive seen people drive from Louth to Kerry for PS4 or pay way over the odds for it and for what? To play Kill Zone, a game they dont even like. These consoles will be easily available with better bundles in the coming months

Could someone explain why they want it so urgently? Am i missing something, should i be out searching for one as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

Could someone explain why they want it so urgently? Am i missing something, should i be out searching for one as well?

Stop being so snarky I'm sure everyone has their reasons and the most common one is probably that we all love video games and want the new consoles as soon as possible (for me personally I have a month off at Christmas and some money in the bank so why not?)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AL1276

Just wondering why everyone is in such tizzy over trying to get a PS4 in a hurry? Maybe im wrong but from what I can see the PS4 isnt worth getting yet with just 10 games released for it at the moment, games that you probably wouldnt even usually purchase. Would people not be better off waiting until the new year when more games have been released from it. Ive seen people drive from Louth to Kerry for PS4 or pay way over the odds for it and for what? To play Kill Zone, a game they dont even like. These consoles will be easily available with better bundles in the coming months

I guess people just like getting new, shiny stuff. Especially around Xmas when they'll have some free time to play it over their time off work. Also, some people may not think they'll have the money to buy it in a few months, so they're getting the investment over with now.

Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Try explaining that to all the kids who expect to have one on xmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

just want to say a big thanks to flaccus. absolute gent. got the playstation off him about an hour ago and in fairness he couldn't have been nicer about it all. delighted i got sorted and genuinely hope that everyone else here who hasn't gotten one yet, get sorted out as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

hands211 wrote: »
    Stop being so snarky I'm sure everyone has their reasons and the most common one is probably that we all love video games and want the new consoles as soon as possible (for me personally I have a month off at Christmas and some money in the bank so why not?)

Im not being snarky, it was a genuine question. I too would like the new console but in my opinion its not worth stressing over sitting at a computer in hope of finding a reservation code or driving half way across the country which I have seen friends of mine do. You love video & want it straight away which is fair enough. I hope you and anyone else in here locate one soon but surely people are in agreement the launch titles are not great? And come January you will pick one up easily enough..plus at the moment you cannot play recently released ps3 games like Beyond Two Souls or GTA on your PS4?

But as i said best of luck to everyone hoping to get one in the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Fairplay to flaccus for being one of the only people not trying make a killing on the ps4's.

Anyone not using a Cork code id take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

Anyone have a reservation here for ps4 or have a ps4 for reasonable price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

does anyone know what time they usually add stock to websites? e.g newly delivered ps4s

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

I rang argos today they said they are getting 18000 ps4 for Ireland and uk on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

dickmolan wrote: »
    I rang argos today they said they are getting 18000 ps4 for Ireland and uk on Thursday

But I 'm guessing that's decided 17,000 Britain and 1,000 to Ireland so not sure whether that will cover it.

you better be serious lol when i asked my argos when they would be getting some in she told she couldnt tell me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I doubt it. The number of things they tell over the phone to get rid of you is endless. They are getting few every day, but they don't know how many etc...

JamboMac wrote: »
    But I 'm guessing that's decided 17,000 Britain and 1,000 to Ireland so not sure whether that will cover it.

25 consoles per store then if they divide them properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Argos has over 700 stores, and only 40 over here. Sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

If by any chance it gets to the stage of giving it away, can I add my name to the list of folks in Cork city looking for a code. If it makes any difference I'm due some Kristmas Karma (see previous comments..) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

If true and there is better availability in UK order online and deliver to parcel.motel in north. Just got a delivery of another item from.Argos UK via parcel motel. Item was not in stock locally and UK price was also a bit cheaper. Maybe an option......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement