Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

Was talking to one of the managers they told me 18000 but they said each store is differant I hope they weren't lying I really want one ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

I can only think it will be a missed opportunity for Sony if they have poor availability before Christmas. What percentage of potential pre-Christmas sales will convert to real sales if there is no availability until after Christmas? I would think there would be a big drop in demand and Sony know this too.

Ye my aunt lives just over the border so might get it delivered there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I only think the desire for a ps4 will wane if people desire an Xbox and as loads of those pre-orders haven't been picked don't think sony have a problem. They only have to keep pace with Microsoft and there will probably be a small shipment of them before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

JamboMac why are you not playing your ps4??? :D

• Advertisement

leex wrote: »
    Just giving ye the heads up to keep an eye on Monaghan availability at whatever time the reservations are freed up again this evening. There is a chance 1 may appear due to uncollected reservation.

Thanks, any idea what time they update at?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

Just giving ye the heads up to keep an eye on Monaghan availability at whatever time the reservations are freed up again this evening. There is a chance 1 may appear due to uncollected reservation.

which bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do ye think they would put them up on their site or just walk ins in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Do ye think they would put them up on their site or just walk ins in store?

some stores do, but my area didnt it said not in stock from 7am till 9 30am on launch day and i went instore at 9 30 and they said it was sold out at 9 even though it said it was never in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Djhanos wrote: »
    which bundle?

Knack

• Advertisement

I'm letting everyone know on adverts about these 18000 ps4 don't want people been ripped off

I'm letting everyone know on adverts about these 18000 ps4 don't want people been ripped off

disco girl wrote: »
    Thanks, any idea what time they update at?

Got back from college walk dog, cook food, it's not going anywhere, I usually get gaming in at 23.00 so few kids online.

A friend told me he was talkin to somebody in GameStop Charlestown and not everybody has picked there's up yet so maybe some there if all pre-ordered people have no money you could capitalise.

JamboMac wrote: »
    A friend told me he was talkin to somebody in GameStop Charlestown and not everybody has picked there's up yet so maybe some there if all pre-ordered people have no money you could capitalise.

Gamestop Swords told me any of the preorders not picked up will be going to the next people on the list cos they had so many, no chance of getting one without a pre order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Any code or reservation in Dublin greatly received :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

elsparko wrote: »
    just want to say a big thanks to flaccus. absolute gent. got the playstation off him about an hour ago and in fairness he couldn't have been nicer about it all. delighted i got sorted and genuinely hope that everyone else here who hasn't gotten one yet, get sorted out as soon as possible.

Delighted for you man after sorting me out!

Two gents right there.

Good to see some honest people selling there ps4 for retail price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hopelessly checking the Argos site. :(

dickmolan wrote: »
    Good to see some honest people selling there ps4 for retail price

+1

• Advertisement

Same here.....

I'm the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

+1 on this :)

Spoke to staff in Argos, they had 4 on Friday , 5 on Saturday. She said they are getting stock on a day to day basis but they have no idea of quantities :(
    What branch is this

Nothing in argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

dickmolan wrote: »
    I rang argos today they said they are getting 18000 ps4 for Ireland and uk on Thursday

They were meant to get that many last week.

I can only think it will be a missed opportunity for Sony if they have poor availability before Christmas. What percentage of potential pre-Christmas sales will convert to real sales if there is no availability until after Christmas? I would think there would be a big drop in demand and Sony know this too.

They need not worry about the demand dropping off, lots of people on backorder with Amazon and Gamestop will not have their pre-order lists cleared till March at the earliest, they are hoping to have 3-4 million consoles available worldwide by the end of the year which is not really poor availability, but it looks like when it came to dividing up who got x amount of consoles, we did not fare to well.

Whats the story with brown thomas does anyone know?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Whats the story with brown thomas does anyone know?

They got 200 consoles in, 100 in Dublin and 100 in Cork, but they were all bought out and they are not getting anymore in, last I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kieran_00

Hello, any more codes being given away in the Munster area? Desperately searching for a place to get a PS4 as I unfortunately didn't pre-order :/ Thanks in advance anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    3 in Limerick showed up

Apologies to everyone, it was Xbox One I was looking at:(
    I should be banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement