Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

BordorFox wrote: »
    Good to see people still helping others get consoles :)

There are few lads on adverts selling 2 and more, all bought from Argos. I hope everyone here has good intentions, I really hope.
    I don't need one, but friends preordered one little too late so would be nice to find one for him, his working in the evenings and already gave up.
    Fair play to all of you who helped out, and I hope the lads selling 2-3 of them for 750 will run out of money before next Friday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 donna1910

mine keeps saying out of stock too im looking since 4pm!!!!!!!!!!!
    what am i doing wrong????????????/

donna1910 wrote: »

There are so many people looking, bit of luck is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

its just luck to be honest and being very fast if you see one in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

donna1910 wrote: »

not refreshing fast enough lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 B.O Problem

Someone give us an argos code?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Someone give us an argos code?

Doubt you will get one if you can't even say please

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

if they guy who got the cavan reserve is not using it please give it to me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

The frustrating of getting none will hopefully be replaced by the excitement of getting one :pac: :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kieran_00

Kav1892 wrote: »
    The frustrating of getting none will hopefully be replaced by the excitement of getting one :pac: :D :P

Hopefully :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

I want a ps4 someone pleeeeeeeeeease

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

wonski wrote: »
    There are few lads on adverts selling 2 and more, all bought from Argos. I hope everyone here has good intentions, I really hope.
    I don't need one, but friends preordered one little too late so would be nice to find one for him, his working in the evenings and already gave up.
    Fair play to all of you who helped out, and I hope the lads selling 2-3 of them for 750 will run out of money before next Friday:D

I guarantee this this thing won;t let up unless there is a very decent amount of stock available in the bricks n mortar stores/ People who are on boards may have the time and knowledge to grab some limited stock if t come into Argos and the likes but many potential buyers (And I'm looking at plenty parents here) will not and may well just resort to the scalpers on donedeal and the likes.

I don't expect much let up on this thing right up to Christmas. The scalpers aren't playing that risky a game yet. As well, have these guys nothing better to be doing than going around the country and getting these in Argos's? I can't see where else they are getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Kav1892 wrote: »

At this stage Id be excited to see one in stock on Checkargos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Omeceron wrote: »
    At this stage Id be excited to see one in stock on Checkargos.
    Must say I did check a PS3 just to see what "in stock" looked like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Noticed the Killzone bundle was in stock at Cavan, and me heading in there tomorrow anyway.

Stupid slow 2mb broadband :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

There's nowt worse than the 'unknown stock' label.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So do they refresh the site every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It's like a bleeding Proclaimers song here, And I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more just to be tha man that gets a PS4 before all of you. It's bloody killing me waiting and trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jasonc99

Can anybody sort me out with a code for Argos in st Stephens green please for
    Knack bundle or any other ps4 bundle please

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I guarantee this this thing won;t let up unless there is a very decent amount of stock available in the bricks n mortar stores/ People who are on boards may have the time and knowledge to grab some limited stock if t come into Argos and the likes but many potential buyers (And I'm looking at plenty parents here) will not and may well just resort to the scalpers on donedeal and the likes.

I don't expect much let up on this thing right up to Christmas. The scalpers aren't playing that risky a game yet. As well, have these guys nothing better to be doing than going around the country and getting these in Argos's? I can't see where else they are getting them

I am pretty sure not all are from Argos. They had more than one to sell - preordered in few store with a quick buck in mind. There are like touts in football, nothing else. And if you ever were looking for tickets for the game you love to see, and couldn't buy , you would know what my attitude is towards them. They ruin it for everyone, and pretend to be honest sellers (most registered new accounts to protect their previous reputation as a sellers I guess).
    I would rather explain to the kid he will get one after Xmas, and even give him something extra for 200 hundred euros, than hand it to one of those guys.
    So I do hope the new batch is coming soon:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Hoping to pick up a ps4 in cork if anyone has a spare reserve. Hopefully Argos will come good

I am pretty sure not all are from Argos. They had more than one to sell - preordered in few store with a quick buck in mind. There are like touts in football, nothing else. And if you ever were looking for tickets for the game you love to see, and couldn't buy , you would know what my attitude is towards them. They ruin it for everyone, and pretend to be honest sellers (most registered new accounts to protect their previous reputation as a sellers I guess).
    I would rather explain to the kid he will get one after Xmas, and even give him something extra for 200 hundred euros, than hand it to one of those guys.
    So I do hope the new batch is coming soon:D

I'm honestly not sure, I mean, i wasn't aware of any potential supply issues until within maybe 3 or so weeks of launch, when the two new consoles starting making mainstream media a bit. That said, I wasn't paying too much attention to it or anything. I can't see how these f**kers could have seen the profiteering opportunities that far back..

Absolutely on not giving these guys the satisfaction and profit.. And when that batch does come, there'll be absolute pandemonium on this thread! :D What worries me though, is that more scalpers will just swallow up a large part of that and the current trend of scalping will only intensify with Christmas day coming closer. I think any new delivery would have to be huge in order to prevent that.

Just figured out why no oe has given me a code yet, who would be dumb enough to trust a robbingbandit :):(:(:(

cloud493 wrote: »
    There's nowt worse than the 'unknown stock' label.

Oh yes there is, some bollox promises you a code but doesn't deliver on it, that would be much worse now wouldn't it:p

Just figured out why no oe has given me a code yet, who would be dumb enough to trust a robbingbandit :):(:(:(

I thought You came here to sell one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Oh yes there is, some bollox promises you a code but doesn't deliver on it, that would be much worse now wouldn't it:p

You'll get something eventually you whinging git :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Weekend_Yet

Anyone else think pre-ordering from Argos with the purpose of swapping for another location is killing the release of stock. Think of it, if you don't get rid of the code and it expires it's another 2 days before it will go back up on the site. Judging by comments on here some stores wont get sent more stuck until they sell their allocation so is this slowing down release of stock to them?

BTW people trading codes is fine here, but I'm sure there is people all over the country with codes expiring.

I thought You came here to sell one:D

Now what gave you that idea, I want one for myself tbh, was looking for one for. Family too but Fcuk them I am only in it for myself, now give us a fcuken code.:eek:

Now what gave you that idea

Your username again:P

Good luck anyway. Going to Cork tomorrow on unrelated trip, but will keep an eye on the thread, maybe will have some luck over there. Kildare is dead end at this moment, so is the whole Dublin area.

• Advertisement

Your username again:P

Good luck anyway. Going to Cork tomorrow on unrelated trip, but will keep an eye on the thread, maybe will have some luck over there. Kildare is dead end at this moment, so is the whole Dublin area.
    Not to trod on your hopes, but Cork hasn't exactly been a hotspot for ps4 availability either tbh :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement