Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Not to trod on your hopes, but Cork hasn't exactly been a hotspot for ps4 availability either tbh :pac:

There was one today, better than nothing:D Like I said, not desperate, and friend who wants it considers getting one from abroad. Few are available in Poland apparently;)
    And I do agree - there is no such thing like an availability, not to mention a hotspot for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

wonski wrote: »
    Your username again:P

Good luck anyway. Going to Cork tomorrow on unrelated trip, but will keep an eye on the thread, maybe will have some luck over there. Kildare is dead end at this moment, so is the whole Dublin area.

Stay out of our land ye code robbing bastards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Stay out of our land ye code robbing bastards! :D

My username is trademarked,you want to get sued sucka...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JJZULUAGA

Lads I just want you to be aware of the such dishonest person I was looking for a argos code this guy text me that if I want one that is jervis shopping center and he said its yours for 50 euros pay through my PayPal as a gift if not will be returned so I was acting in good faith I transfer the money through his e mail I said to him my kid it will be so happy so then this guy send me a argos code of 8 digits to be collect on Dec 4 th so I doubted it because argos reservation is 6 digits anyway I rang argos to verify they told me there is not such a item with that code so I texted back he never replied I contact PayPal the kind of people who holds PayPal account to commit this type of vandalism so they say to me they can't do anything because it's a gift transaction these ass h. It was Aware because if I made the transaction as a goods item my money can be easily refund so I just have a friend who is garda that s gonna help me out these scumbags should be terminated sorry I am so angry I disappointed my kid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Absolute scum, cant believe paypal didnt look into it more for you

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

JJZULUAGA wrote: »
    Lads I just want you to be aware of the such dishonest person I was looking for a argos code this guy text me that if I want one that is jervis shopping center and he said its yours for 50 euros pay through my PayPal as a gift if not will be returned so I was acting in good faith I transfer the money through his e mail I said to him my kid it will be so happy so then this guy send me a argos code of 8 digits to be collect on Dec 4 th so I doubted it because argos reservation is 6 digits anyway I rang argos to verify they told me there is not such a item with that code so I texted back he never replied I contact PayPal the kind of people who holds PayPal account to commit this type of vandalism so they say to me they can't do anything because it's a gift transaction these ass h. It was Aware because if I made the transaction as a goods item my money can be easily refund so I just have a friend who is garda that s gonna help me out these scumbags should be terminated sorry I am so angry I disappointed my kid

pretty obvious it was a scam cause he said to send it as a gift though

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

dreadful carry on hope you get money back at the very least, fair play for posting hopefully it will stop others getting caught

No they didn't they just said they are going to give negative note on his account for future restrictions and said and you are waiting for more victims

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Noticed the Killzone bundle was in stock at Cavan, and me heading in there tomorrow anyway.

Stupid slow 2mb broadband :mad:

I have same speed and it was fine for Checkargos page. Made 3 bookings over phone on Friday morning. Released 2 of them here on Sat. Get familiar with this method of booking. I know I am repeating myself but it works!

GUYS if you can't use an argos code you obtained yourself or got second hand through someone on here, please release it here ASAP. One of my codes released on Sat morning remained uncollected this afternoon as I got a reminder text for collection.

First of all, you didn't dissapoint your kid - don't try to spend hundreds (giving it to scumbags) to buy one. It was only a matter of time when something like this happens. I hope you get your money back, but since You sent it as a gift you have to treat it as a loss.
    Be patient, and I hope you didn't meet the guy through boards.
    People, be aware - do not pay over the odds for codes or consoles - this is getting ridiculous now...
    Feel sorry for your loss btw, and good luck with your hunt. Just don't pay anyone anything, unless it is a shop that sells them.

• Advertisement

I know but really annoyed me it these scum they get rid of it but I hope not this time it's name is tiny O'Neil just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Boards could check ip used and could be tracked that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Keep seeing Unknown on the Argos checker, then checking stock in the appropriate store, keep getting message unable to check store, keep refreshing, same message until I get Out of Stock, what kind of witchcraft is needed to get one of these codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Was it somone on here? Boards could track ip address but its a gift so looks like you may be shafted.

twam2008 wrote: »
    Keep seeing Unknown on the Argos checker, then checking stock in the appropriate store, keep getting message unable to check store, keep refreshing, same message until I get Out of Stock, what kind of witchcraft is needed to get one of these codes?

To get a code there needs to be at least one in stock. And there are none at this moment. There is no magic trick out there, simply no consoles in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

3 in stock at Ashbourne Retail Park going by CheckArgos.com

You's are welcome ;)

and gone :pac:

To get a code there needs to be at least one in stock. And there are none at this moment. There is no magic trick out there, simply no consoles in stock.

Not true, minute ago, couldn't believe my eyes, after refreshing all bloody night saw 1 in stock in Ashbourne, couldn't get in quick enough though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    3 in stock at Ashbourne Retail Park going by CheckArgos.com

You's are welcome ;)

and gone :pac:

I just checked and it says Out of stock?

Oh, just seen your edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stan73

Hi all, did anyone try stockinformer.co.uk? If you have family or friends across the pond they could collect for you and post. It refreshes every 2 mins and there's a constant flow of availability. When you have been staring cross eyed at 'out of stock' on the argos Irish site as long as I have it makes a refreshing change! ;) I'm looking for my 2 sons for Santa but I seem to have missed the Castlebar frenzy over the weekend:( Good luck to you all and nice to see you haven't lost your sense of humour in this chaos!

Not true, minute ago, couldn't believe my eyes, after refreshing all bloody night saw 1 in stock in Ashbourne, couldn't get in quick enough though :mad:

Sorry, but it was true. There was none in stock, and then there was a few.
    Given the stock levels today (between 1-3 in few stores) you can't be guaranteed one, even if you sit online all day/night - hundreds of people do exactly the same.
    Had to hurt when you saw one in stock, and couldn't get it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Anyone get any codes?

Sorry, but it was true. There was none in stock, and then there was a few.
    Given the stock levels today (between 1-3 in few stores) you can't be guaranteed one, even if you sit online all day/night - hundreds of people do exactly the same.
    Had to hurt when you saw one in stock, and couldn't get it...

Sorry, yeah, know stock is ridiculously low, just meant the odd one is popping up like a unicorn, think the shock of seeing the green colour slowed me down, I'll be ready for it next time!

Sorry, yeah, know stock is ridiculously low, just meant the odd one is popping up like a unicorn, think the shock of seeing the green colour slowed me down, I'll be ready for it next time!

Someone should create a wallpaper with this page full of green fields with 10+ in stock. I would love one for today.

And to add insult to injury, Argos send me an email thanking me for my reservation!

And to add insult to injury, Argos send me an email thanking me for my reservation!

Did you get a reservation number?

God man it, this is like Chinese torture, just missed out on a Liffey Valley one!

disco girl wrote: »
    Did you get a reservation number?

No, all 0's, presuming it won't work :)

Maybe you will get the number?

This should slow you down:D

kv3z.jpg

Getting too bored to look anymore. Good luck everyone. Hope you see one like this soon.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna keep checking for a bit, anywhere in particular people want codes or will anywhere do??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement