Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

By his/her own stupidity, so I have no sympathy. Darwinism in action.

And what does the Darwinism have to do with punctuation?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Ye just got it myself - said pm was this -"Hi, I noticed you were looking for a PS4. I managed to get an Argos reservation code for a Knack Bundle in Belfast.

I'm going to collect it tomorrow but would be willing to sell the code for 60 euro. This is genuine of course and if you're interested in buying, we can work something using Paypal and email." The username was chexmoir23

That person has 2 PS4 listed on their adverts account.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 B.O Problem

madfcuker wrote: »

How much? Can he be reported?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

Picked one up on release day for myself. Knew a member of staff in Tesco who sorted me out with a console. Had to be up for 5 in the morning tho.... Felt really bad for the guys who queued up all night.......

......for about five minutes :pac:

How much? Can he be reported?

€650 for the knack bundle and €590 for the PS4 on its own. Ads were only out up 3 hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 skyward_blade

wonski wrote: »
    2 problems:
    1 - Why is there only 1 in Clonmel???
    2 - The link to order one doesn't seem to be workingmad.png

I do appreciate your effort.
    And 5+ in Naas will do. See you all on Adverts:P

Scalpers must have gotten to Clonmel first!

madfcuker wrote: »

Report the person to the mods. This is not allowed, and I hope their adverts account will be dealt with too, if it is linked to boards.
    Poor guy couldn't get to Argos to get the third one, so tries to sell the Argos code?
    I do hope that if the Adverts seller is trying to sell things sending messages to random users on boards, then his account should be removed.
    I hate reporting people, but this is a new level of Rip Off Ireland by Irish themselves.
    Rant over:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

By his/her own stupidity, so I have no sympathy. Darwinism in action.

couldn't agree more, pretty stupid to pay when the other person asks for it as a gift so it can't be refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

couldn't agree more, pretty stupid to pay when the other person asks for it as a gift so it can't be refunded

Naive perhaps but it certainly doesn't warrant the self satisfied "i have no sympathy for you" dickish attitude.

You can report the pms you received and they will be dealt accordingly by the mods.

To find their adverts Google the username and you will see it straight away. Don't know if I am allowed to post the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 AL1276

We all do stupid things at some point in our lives, it's part of being human. Show some sympathy for the guy.

Naive perhaps but it certainly doesn't warrant the self satisfied "i have no sympathy for you" dickish attitude.

Seems like some folks register only to insult the others.
    Wouldn't respond to them, let the mods deal with it tomorrow. Or close the thread - number of new members( no offence to anyone) is increasing, and this is going only one way from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ps4 for xmas

anyone know when gamestop in limerick get there next wave of ps4s. have one booked and they said i should have it befor xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Ok I have a code for Cavan, anybody interested send me a pm and I'll give it to someone who's been hanging around for a while :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

disco girl wrote: »
    Ok I have a code for Cavan, anybody interested send me a pm and I'll give it to someone who's been hanging around for a while :D

PM sent, probably too late though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ps4 for xmas

me to :(

Code gone...

Far away from me, but how did you get this?
    Looks like Argos has a few new customers this week.

I feel stupid I did drive from Kildare to Navan on Friday evening because there "were" four left. I called them before I left, but was dumb enough not to call them again when there was a chance to go back:mad:
    The traffic on the way back was unreal (m50/n7) at 5-6pm on Friday. What was I thinking...
    Would be much easier to stick to the thread and wait for a PM:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭guitarwrist

I would greatly appreciate if anyone has a code for a store in the leinster / south munster region. Its for my 14 y.o. Genuine buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 irishneo

• Advertisement

Far away from me, but how did you get this?
    Looks like Argos has a few new customers this week.

I feel stupid I did drive from Kildare to Navan on Friday evening because there "were" four left. I called them before I left, but was dumb enough not to call them again when there was a chance to go back:mad:
    The traffic on the way back was unreal (m50/n7) at 5-6pm on Friday. What was I thinking...
    Would be much easier to stick to the thread and wait for a PM:mad:

I had gotten the Cavan one earlier but managed to get 1 in Ashbourne and it saves me a long drive!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kieran_00

What do you have to do to get these codes??? And are you still able to get them now? Have been desperately searching for a PS4 all weekend. In the Tralee/Killarney area and would be greatful if anyone had details on how I could get one. Thanks.

I had gotten the Cavan one earlier but managed to get 1 in Ashbourne and it saves me a long drive!! lol

Congrats to you. I couldn't even get one reservation anywhere. And I don't mind driving anywhere really. But wouldn't get Cavan one (unless I resrved it meself), as it doesn't suit me at all. If one shows up soon in surrounding area, I will use all my internet powers to book it.
    You can now rest disco girl, and let the others continue the hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Have fun when you get it, my review is controller a lot better if your someone like me playing call of duty and crushing it. Graphically great can see pores in the skin killzone may not do it justice.

Sharing side of it not sure as didn't try as need friends with ps4's no ability to stream tv from websites which is bummer. Which means ps3 still has a job to do.

Any ps4 owners my PSN ID is jambo_mac pretty sure it's lower case never typed it out will install call of duty tomorrow. Is call of duty cross platform yet?

JamboMac wrote: »
    Have fun when you get it, my review is controller a lot better if your someone like me playing call of duty and crushing it. Graphically great can see pores in the skin killzone may not do it justice.

Sharing side of it not sure as didn't try as need friends with ps4's no ability to stream tv from websites which is bummer. Which means ps3 still has a job to do.

Any ps4 owners my PSN ID is jambo_mac pretty sure it's lower case never typed it out will install call of duty tomorrow. Is call of duty cross platform yet?

You don't want to annoy hundreds of people who don't have PS4, but you did:mad:
    Going back to FIFA13 on ps3 now:o
    And - to be fair, I didn't even plan to upgrade now, your post was rude:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

You don't want to annoy hundreds of people who don't have PS4, but you did:mad:
    Going back to FIFA13 on ps3 now:o
    And - to be fair, I didn't even plan to upgrade now, your post was rude:mad:

I was asked for a review in previous posts, so if that annoys most things must.

I was on here since Friday battling like everyone else didn't notice yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

If there are any Cavan/Monaghan codes going around I'll take one.
    I'm only 15 minutes away from Argos Cavan and only 25mins from Argos monaghan. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

JamboMac wrote: »

stream tv from websites?

Flash video works fine on the PS4 browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If there are any Cavan/Monaghan codes going around I'll take one.
    I'm only 15 minutes away from Argos Cavan and only 25mins from Argos monaghan. :)

Check your PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pabloisme

I know a load are asking, but if anyone has one for anywhere in Dublin, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement