Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hunter0612

Same here anyone with a code for dublin it would make my bfs Christmas!! Although he may be getting hens teeth instead at this rate!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

Is there any Dublin Area/Navan/Naas/Drogheda/ codes?
    I would be very gratefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Hi! I'd be hugely grateful for a code for anywhere is the south east. I have one ordered in harvey Normans but I.'me not 100% sure it'll be in before Christmas and Santa always brings the presents on eve Christmas!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

If only a new console came out annually, boards would have about 6 billion members with all those just looking for codes!!.................Speaking of which............... :P:pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Jasonc99

Has anybody got a code in Dublin? Please help me out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Anyone have any luck throughout the night anywhere? Is argos the only store you can reserve online does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Yeah Argos is the only place...nothing since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kieran_00

Anyone have codes for the Tralee/Killarney area? Still no luck finding a PS4. I would be extremely greatful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Entirely anecdotal but... I spoke to my local Xtravision yesterday. They are saying that Sony appear to be shifting in their position. A couple of weeks ago they were saying that supplies would continue to be very tight until christmas. Now apparently they are saying that they are ahead of schedule in terms of meeting their preorder demand. That could mean they are a day ahead of course and mean little to most of us, I wasn't given anymore detail.

There may still be hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Are xtra vision taking orders for a next batch? Any idea if their next batch is already spoken for like GameStop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thankfully new hosting package for checkargos (free trial on a HP cloud server!) seems to be holding up!

Some numbers for you:

In the last 3 days the site has had more traffic than the entire month of October, in fact for the period the 2nd of Nov to 2nd of December to the equivalent previous previous period(oct 2nd to nov 2nd):
    site visitors are up 300%
    page views are up 700%

Since I moved the site to HP (Saturday evening) there has been 81,205 product searches. Of these 78,524 of them are for PS4 bundles!

Amount - Bundle (Product Id)
    15375 - PS4 (1222540)
    18478 - Killzone (1447947)
    8216 - Fifa (1578641)
    9317 - AC (1451483)
    18478 - Knack (1447947)
    8660 - Killzone + Camera (1450312)

Hope you guys are getting some Ps4s out of it!

EDIT:

Interestingly enough I though I would count the Xbox ones, for all bundles it only totals 2203, seems crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What ps4 are Argos supposed to be getting in. Is it just the console or is it a knack bundle or killzone bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

If anyone has a code for Letterkenny or Strabane I'd greatly appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Played FIFA in Smyths yesterday. It only makes me even more anxious to get a console :(.
    Smyths said "we cant say how many consoles we will get before christmas, its a case of call every couple of days for an update".
    I would hope that Sony can somehow fulfill the demand before Christmas :o

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

I managed to get two last night, checked out and it said out of stock by the time I'd completed, got an email for Ashbourne and Liffey Valley confirming reservation, but there was no reservation number, don't think the system is working properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

twam2008 wrote: »
    I managed to get two last night, checked out and it said out of stock by the time I'd completed, got an email for Ashbourne and Liffey Valley confirming reservation, but there was no reservation number, don't think the system is working properly.

This happened to me with a kids present last week for the liffey valley shop. I was planning on just bringing in the email and see what happens. As it turns out it was a glitch and they had nothing reserved for me (the shop had none physically at all!) thankfully a boardsie has sorted me out in the mean time! Still holding on for a PS4 code in Dublin/ Leinster preferably but at this rate i'd travel anywhere in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

anyone know when gamestop in limerick get there next wave of ps4s. have one booked and they said i should have it befor xmas

Next week, but it depends on when you pre ordered, they will not have enough to cover all the orders in the second wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

i have a reservation code for monaghan,im driving up here today to collect. Will they have the ps4 in stock for me, just reading some posts on here about reservation codes not being fulfilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

bri007 wrote: »
    i have a reservation code for monaghan,im driving up here today to collect. Will they have the ps4 in stock for me, just reading some posts on here about reservation codes not being fulfilled!

If it is 000000 it will not be there, you are better off giving them a call.

• Advertisement

bri007 wrote: »

Providing you have a six digit reservation code you'll be fine, but just ring the shop before you head out to be sure. I got two confirmations but neither had a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sanaking

New Boardie and per rule will not ask fpr Codes.... however will appreciate if any one can advise any specific time to check the sites..like argo..have been up all night refreshing every 5 mins...seriously with no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Yeah it has a six digit code thankfully :)

Will be here all day...rejoicing all who have got there hands on PS4.. good luck guys

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kieran_00

Any specific time they usually come in stock with Argos???

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

Kieran_00 wrote: »
    Any specific time they usually come in stock with Argos???

Check around 7pm to 9pm ususally people who haven't picked up their reserves becomes open to take:)

Thanks Djhanos

Just got my official playstation premium cables, all I need now is my official Playstation 4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Anyone in Dublin with a code that you don't need I'd be forever in your favour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

Ps4 has sold 2.1 million consoles worldwide :) makes me wonder will I even get one before Christmas:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement