Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jasonc99

wonski wrote: »
    There you go: 123456
    And You are very welcome, thanks for stopping by.

Very fun, a real code for a ps4 in stock in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I would love to know how people are getting these codes. I have been online for the last 3/4 days using every stock checker possible for Argos Ireland.

Not once have I found anything other other than "Not in stock" or "Status Unknown".

Its a very frustrating system. At times I've felt like putting my foot through my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

If someone has a Dublin code I have one for Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

I would love to know how people are getting these codes. I have been online for the last 3/4 days using every stock checker possible for Argos Ireland.

Not once have I found anything other other than "Not in stock" or "Status Unknown".

Its a very frustrating system. At times I've felt like putting my foot through my laptop.
    me too, I'm sick of looking at out of stock all over the country :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

RVN10 wrote: »
    If someone has a Dublin code I have one for Dundalk

I'm looking for codes too but if you have any luck getting a Dublin code will u keep me in mind for your Dundalk code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Still look for a Cork one, although if theres one in Killarney I've a relative able to pick it up there for me.

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Thankfully new hosting package for checkargos (free trial on a HP cloud server!) seems to be holding up!

Some numbers for you:

In the last 3 days the site has had more traffic than the entire month of October, in fact for the period the 2nd of Nov to 2nd of December to the equivalent previous previous period(oct 2nd to nov 2nd):
    site visitors are up 300%
    page views are up 700%

Since I moved the site to HP (Saturday evening) there has been 81,205 product searches. Of these 78,524 of them are for PS4 bundles!

Amount - Bundle (Product Id)
    15375 - PS4 (1222540)
    18478 - Killzone (1447947)
    8216 - Fifa (1578641)
    9317 - AC (1451483)
    18478 - Knack (1447947)
    8660 - Killzone + Camera (1450312)

Hope you guys are getting some Ps4s out of it!

EDIT:

Interestingly enough I though I would count the Xbox ones, for all bundles it only totals 2203, seems crazy!

Got my Ps4 due to checkargos :)
    If you only got a Euro for every time someone did a search you'd be sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

alf66 wrote: »

What bundle did you search for?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What bundle did you search for?
    I managed to reserve both a Killzone and Knack bundle at my local Argos, just after 7am Friday morning after checking checkargos for availability.
    Collected mine, and gave the other code to another Boards member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

alf66 wrote: »

Same here and made the bookings on the 01-2161616 number.

• Advertisement

If anyone gets any ps4 codes for Dublin,would be extremely grateful please help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

smokedaddy wrote: »

Nearly 600 Euro damn I thought it was the normal bundle :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

smokedaddy wrote: »

Anyone know if this site is legit? Something about it seems a bit off!

Djhanos wrote: »
    Nearly 600 Euro damn I thought it was the normal bundle :/

With Killzone is works out at €482, still more expensive that the deals here alright but you'll have it for christmas

If Amazon cant guarntee PS4's before Xmas, if you ordered after 1st Nov, what are the chances that site can?

Anyone know if this site is legit? Something about it seems a bit off!

Yeh it's legit and I seen a lot of people order from here mostly youtubers tho :)

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Amazon cant guarntee PS4's before Xmas, if you ordered after 1st Nov, what are the chances that site can?

this is very true and i wonder what kind of come back do you have if they dont deliver. anyone know if they charge full price straight away? They also seem to want £1 for me to register my card to fully register with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sanaking

felt the same like All in Flynn... not sure if it is worth taking the risk

I'm just saying if Amazon said it'll be after Xmas, I'll wait until after Xmas or keep trying Argos or wait for any walk in consoles that come up, I wouldnt be rushing to give that site my money.

They might be excellent to deal with regarding normal service but to guarntee a PS4 this side of Xmas when Amazon cant, I'd really have my doubts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ShopTo are safe have used their outlet on Ebay before, they have a 99.7 percent positive feedback, the main website should be the same, just would not be to sure if you would get it for Christmas though.

It's probably because the bundle was only released

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Djhanos wrote: »
    It's probably because the bundle was only released

That is not an official bundle, all that will come separately.

If anyone does use it though good luck, be nice to see everyone get their PS4's sorted this side of Xmas.

Is there any argos codes for ps4s in Dublin or.Drogheda

If anyone does use it though good luck, be nice to see everyone get their PS4's sorted this side of Xmas.

Hope so , I was going to get one for 500 but the one sold it! Hopefully Argos gets stock thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

I would rather buy from shopto.net than give my money to adverts selllers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thanks so much disco girl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

cloud493 wrote: »
    Thanks so much disco girl :D

No worries, did yis pick them up ok?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

disco girl wrote: »
    No worries, did yis pick them up ok?? :D

I did, robbingbandit was unable to make it all the way to meath so he said I could share it with someone else :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement