Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

cloud493 wrote: »
    I did, robbingbandit was unable to make it all the way to meath so he said I could share it with someone else :)

Pity that, I shall keep an eye out and see if any more come up.....Enjoy :D (picked up mine today!)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

Anyone have a code for Ashbourne or navan please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

disco girl wrote: »
    :D (picked up mine today!)

Wish to write the same soon. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I don't think a single 'extra' one has popped up in any argos for Limerick since Friday.

And balls to Smyths too. They told me they'd have quite a lot on Tuesday morning for ones that never came in for their pre-order. Saying it would be first come, first served. They even told me they were open until 11, so I should have no trouble. I was there at 9:05 this morning and they said they had none left. When questioned he said they all came in for their pre-orders last night. What a crock of sh1t.

I bet they sold them off to their friends and relatives last night after the store closed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

I've been waiting for the Argos thing to say in stock...and have yet to see it once. If anyone had a code in the Donegal area, or even near Donegal, that'd be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I have been refreshing checkargos for a few days now...must be doing something wrong...have yet to see any come up....if anybody has a code spare for anywhere around Leinster (or further again at this stage), it would be much appreciated......back to f5 for the night again now...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AL1276

I have been refreshing checkargos for a few days now...must be doing something wrong...have yet to see any come up....if anybody has a code spare for anywhere around Leinster (or further again at this stage), it would be much appreciated......back to f5 for the night again now...

Even if it does say it's in stock in your areas, how do you actually secure a console?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

AL1276 wrote: »
    Even if it does say it's in stock in your areas, how do you actually secure a console?

Phone reservation, or through the site (although this is slow)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Also looking for a code in Dublin. Think about the Children!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Amazon cant guarntee PS4's before Xmas, if you ordered after 1st Nov, what are the chances that site can?

Aren't they guaranteeing before Xmas up until 13th of November and not the first? I got my ps4 already but have a solus ordered for a family member and they have been saying up to that date. Although they do seem lost in it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

I'd say all the codes are drying up now. Seeing as the people getting them are so quick to reserve them no I doubt they will leave them expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

does anyone know anything about getting them from abroad, say from people coming home from various parts of the world or sending them home. Would the systems still work, are voltages etc the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    does anyone know anything about getting them from abroad, say from people coming home from various parts of the world or sending them home. Would the systems still work, are voltages etc the same.

You can just use your PS3 plug and it will be fine, but be warned if it gets damaged or bricks Sony will not have anything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Depends on where it's coming from, but that could be sorted anyway with a UK plug, or voltage adaptor in worst case scenario. It's amazing that so many of us didn't pre-order :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sanaking

besides the charher, is an extra hassle for warranties.. had got a PSP from US and Sony got to call them few times, before they agree dot help

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jasonc99

What do i need to do to get a ps4 code
    For
    Argos in Dublin?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Jasonc99 wrote: »
    What do i need to do to get a ps4 code
    For
    Argos in Dublin?

Stop asking every other page. Can't see why anyone should oblige you since you've never posted anything here before and have just been spamming requests for a few days. If you post any more requests we'll be deleting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jasonc99

Stop asking every other page. Can't see why anyone should oblige you since you've never posted anything here before and have just been spamming requests for a few days. If you post any more requests we'll be deleting them.

Right fine then, I have posted before! I don't think anybody on here really can get a ps4, it's just to make a big thread on here to get higher ranking on google search

Right fine then, I have posted before! I don't think anybody on here really can get a ps4, it's just to make a big thread on here to get higher ranking on google search

Then why did you keep pestering people for one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

Il be ringing argos customer service again tomoro about these 18000 so il let everyone know what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kieran_00

Anyone know when more codes will be available on checkargos? Been searching for all weekend and this week but have yet to see any PS4s available in my area. I'm from the Tralee/Killarney area. Anyone know of someone who has a code for here? I would be extremely greatful. Thanks again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

dickmolan wrote: »
    Il be ringing argos customer service again tomoro about these 18000 so il let everyone know what they say.

When they expect these?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 niallmaher

I was told to not expect a real shipment until the middle of next week.

Right now shops are just making do with what they had day 1 and most new units popping up are cancelled pre orders or random consoles found in the warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 B.O Problem

niallmaher wrote: »
    I was told to not expect a real shipment until the middle of next week.

Right now shops are just making do with what they had day 1 and most new units popping up are cancelled pre orders or random consoles found in the warehouse.

I was told 2nd batch in smyths will be around December 13th ish! Was talking to a manager in blanch, possibly just fobbing me off but here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I got one in Liffey valley yesterday thanks to a member CuCullen giving me his reservation code, you can't try and jump the queue as there is so many here from dublin trying to get there Hands on one and there have been people here longer than you searching and asking for one when people have one spare I'm sure it will be put up on first come first served basis:)

Although I do thinks a good gamers question might be good for codes might prevent scalpers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

I went in to HMV on Henry Street last Friday chancing my arm. The guy said their pre order list was pretty much completed and that they actually had some in the back that people had ordered bit hadn't collected, these would then be passed on to the next person if they weren't collected in 48 hours. So I'd be likely to have one before Christmas. I ordered one then, paying a tenner deposit and they rang me today and I collected it. Absolutely delighted so I am.

So yeah this could be a viable option for a good few people. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kennym_27

If anyone manages to get a code for Letterkenny that would be greatly appreciated. Growing disillusioned at this stage.... :(

dickmolan wrote: »

You're a bit late, they were telling people the same thing at the start of last week and the majority of them were for the UK stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Kieran_00

Anyone else lucky enough to get more codes??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement