Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pabloisme

Kieran_00 wrote: »
    Anyone else lucky enough to get more codes??

Nope. Have been refreshing all evening, plenty of "unknown status", but nothing coming from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kieran_00

pabloisme wrote: »
    Nope. Have been refreshing all evening, plenty of "unknown status", but nothing coming from it.

Same here, unfortunately :(

Same here, unfortunately :(

I've been at it all day! Very close to giving up. Eyes are going square here!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

pabloisme wrote: »
    I've been at it all day! Very close to giving up. Eyes are going square here!

Yeah, I saw a couple last night but can't see anything tonight.

twam2008 wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw a couple last night but can't see anything tonight.

On the plus side, the games I've ordered from amazon arrived....at least I've got the boxes to look at....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Lots of unknowns tonight but nothing coming of it here either. Was in argos earlier and guy in there said that they are expecting more stock but not much and it's day to day. Not new info I know but just thought I'd share in the hope someone gets lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sanaking

I was told by Argos Supervisor in Stores that they do not get info of the deliveries for security reasons ie safety of shipments... and mentioned as the stock gets updated when the lorry etc is scanned for each stores...something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

If anyone gets that Knack bundle, CEX are offering €42 cash for the game. Went into gamestop first, because I was looking to put it against a second controller, they were only offering €22 store credit! It was €40 on Friday when I asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

blaa85 wrote: »
    If anyone gets that Knack bundle, CEX are offering €42 cash for the game. Went into gamestop first, because I was looking to put it against a second controller, they were only offering €22 store credit! It was €40 on Friday when I asked!

I got AC4 on Friday for €20 when I traded in Killzone, they are not doing the deal anymore though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Any1 know of anywhere in ireland south or north where you can get them preferably in the dublin area but i dont mind going far need one for christmas and am not willing to pay the prices on ebay etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

stehyl15 wrote: »
    Any1 know of anywhere in ireland south or north where you can get them preferably in the dublin area but i dont mind going far need one for christmas and am not willing to pay the prices on ebay etc

http://www.shopto.net/product/search/genre/HARDWARE/platform/ps4

Does anyone on here think there'll be more shipments of PS4s to Ireland before Christmas? I would love to have one before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

stehyl15 wrote: »

Ordered one last Friday in HMV Henry Street and got it today. That's your best bet for Dublin

Does anyone on here think there'll be more shipments of PS4s to Ireland before Christmas? I would love to have one before then.

There is a big shipment coming to the north pole. So expect one under your christmas tree :)

If anyone has a spare code for anywhere in Munster, I will be willing to drive there and pick it up. I would be very greatful as it is a Christmas present for my 14 year old son who would love to get a new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

What are peoples opinions on that shopto.net site? I'd be willing to sign up for their finance deal if i thought they were legit.

Edit: UK Only.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    What are peoples opinions on that shopto.net site? I'd be willing to sign up for their finance deal if i thought they were legit.

check it http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.shopto.net

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They are legit, do not worry.

Is there any Irish site doing finance deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

You could use parcel motel and still get it

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    You could use parcel motel and still get it

It's not for delivery. You have to be a UK resident for 3years+ to qualify for the finance arrangements. My post wasn't clear enough. I apologise.

Hate red colour!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

smokedaddy wrote: »
    Hate red colour!!! :mad:

Of the controller ?.

Of the controller ?.

''item out of stock'' :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

smokedaddy wrote: »
    ''item out of stock'' :mad:

Ohh. Just keep an eye on stock in Irish shops.

I asked in Harvey Norman ,Waterford today about incoming stock. I was told that they should have some before xmas . HN W have 30 preorders for the next pre xmas wave but yer man reckoned he would be getting over 50 in on the next wave. Its a €20 deposit to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Lads if ye don't get one its not the end of world. At the moment there is a very limited selection of games on both consoles. If I was buying one id be waiting at least a year or two until there's a huge selection of superior games available and prices have dropped. I know its the hot new toy for this Christmas and by this time next year everyone will probably have forgot about it but in reality that's the time to be buying. There will be far better bundles on offer at better prices and there will be no stress involved in getting one.

So if you can't get one for your son/husband/boyfriend or whatever maybe try explaining this to them and see if they would prefer something else. Just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

There really has been nothing around today at all...

EDIT: I did ask in Argos in Ashbourne today and was told that they were getting some in the week before Christmas, but didn't know how many. Smyths in Swords said there are some supposed to be in before Christmas but they weren't getting any for "walk ins"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

disco girl wrote: »
    There really has been nothing around today at all...

EDIT: I did ask in Argos in Ashbourne today and was told that they were getting some in the week before Christmas, but didn't know how many. Smyths in Swords said there are some supposed to be in before Christmas but they weren't getting any for "walk ins"

Did you get one yet and if so what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

MadYaker wrote: »
    Lads if ye don't get one its not the end of world. At the moment there is a very limited selection of games on both consoles. If I was buying one id be waiting at least a year or two until there's a huge selection of superior games available and prices have dropped. I know its the hot new toy for this Christmas and by this time next year everyone will probably have forgot about it but in reality that's the time to be buying. There will be far better bundles on offer at better prices and there will be no stress involved in getting one.

So if you can't get one for your son/husband/boyfriend or whatever maybe try explaining this to them and see if they would prefer something else. Just a suggestion.

But when you think about it getting it this year means you get more time with it, therefore getting value for money. Even then, they're not gonna go down in price til at least 2 years as they're already making a big loss on each console sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

But when you think about it getting it this year means you get more time with it, therefore getting value for money. Even then, they're not gonna go down in price til at least 2 years as they're already making a big loss on each console sold.

Why not charge more? Obviously they could.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement