Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Looking for twenty grand, was promised to me earlier by somebody but got let down, would really make my Christmas, PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

twam2008 wrote: »
    Looking for twenty grand, was promised to me earlier by somebody but got let down, would really make my Christmas, PM me :)

Huh?

Huh?

Have about as much chance of getting this as I do a PS4 off someone.

twam2008 wrote: »
    Have about as much chance of getting this as I do a PS4 off someone.

oh right...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sanaking

was on the road most of the morning.. going by some of suggestions.. tried smyth's..HMV Henry Street, Gamestop henry.. smyths and HN carrickmnies.. Power cist Sollynoggin etc.. most of blanch games shops ... only got 1 place who would at least put me on a waiting list.. which was HMV.. some hope atleast....really hope Argos get a big stock... and flood gates open and it is really a good Xmas for all the kids and theirs families looking for PS4

• Advertisement

Have been wrecking scalpers heads all day with text messages, quite amusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Have been wrecking scalpers heads all day with text messages, quite amusing

sending fake offers etc?

sending fake offers etc?

Ridiculous offers, in the hope that they realize how ridiculous their price is.

Seen one for 900 on donedeal, disgusting

any hope of getting anything lads? any word from the big stores, rung everywhere in Limerick with no joy.

• Advertisement

This is actually good for anybody round Fermoy, Killzone and Controller for 70

http://www.donedeal.ie/games-for-sale/ps4-controller-killzone-shadow-fall/6094209

there were few PS4 for sale on Done deal for 400, did not call them at all, as my friend cautioned me that these are folks who spam your phone once they hav eyour number... not sure if that is true, but could not gather courage to call... as 400 for a PS4 is very low to be true in today's scenrio

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Legandir

Is there a list of stores that'll be getting more stock in this year? Shops like Smart Spot and Power City were talked about on launch day but they sold out straight away. I'm looking for anywhere around Meath, Drogheda, Blanchardstown, or the City Centre.

If anyone has an argos code etc for Dublin I'd appreciate it.

Originally had it pre booked in Smyths in July, gave the pre order to my brother in law but he didn't get up in time last weekend :rolleyes: and the console was given to someone else.

I thought he was getting it for himself but it's for my nephew. If I had have known that I would have went up myself to Smyths at the weekend and got it for him.

Thanks

least he's not your own young fella pal, you won't have to see the look of disappointment on the 25th when Santa has only brought him an "IOU A PS4".

I'd say my two young fellas will never forgive Santy if he can't come up with the goods, doing my best to help him out but don't want to resort to scalpers or ebay just yet. keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mirrorboy

Legandir wrote: »
    Is there a list of stores that'll be getting more stock in this year? Shops like Smart Spot and Power City were talked about on launch day but they sold out straight away. I'm looking for anywhere around Meath, Drogheda, Blanchardstown, or the City Centre.

I preordered one in Xtra Vision (Finglas) today. In the slim chance I will get one in the various waves there before xmas. Staff said they expect a delivery next week and could not guarantee me a console this side of xmas - worth a shot all the same. However, I am behind 100 orders, or so I've been told!!

I've given up on Argos at this stage :(

Mirrorboy wrote: »
    I preordered one in Xtra Vision (Finglas) today. In the slim chance I will get one in the various waves there before xmas. Staff said they expect a delivery next week and could not guarantee me a console this side of xmas - worth a shot all the same. However, I am behind 100 orders, or so I've been told!!

I've given up on Argos at this stage :(

same here got a pre-order im H<V today...in hope.... but dont lose hope in argos..if there is stock coming in..durely argos will get a bigger chunk for their numerous stores...dont loose hope mate

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos are offering a bundle with a 3g Vita which saves you the grand total of €0 and 0 cents. I seen a couple of Xbox Ones available at 7pm tonight on checkargos but no PS4s anywhere. I am really thinking of going over to the otherside at this rate.

Argos are offering a bundle with a 3g Vita which saves you the grand total of €0 and 0 cents. I seen a couple of Xbox Ones available at 7pm tonight on checkargos but no PS4s anywhere. I am really thinking of going over to the otherside at this rate.

I was close, but finding out you can't stand the hardware upright stopped me, fecking hate Microsoft, horrible design.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

with the addition of the new bundle on argos, maybe they are getting stock tomorrow. why would they just add it to the site but been out of stock all day, guess we will know tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Djhanos wrote: »
    with the addition of the new bundle on argos, maybe they are getting stock tomorrow. why would they just add it to the site but been out of stock all day, guess we will know tomorrow

That's what I thought too....nothing has shown up there now for 2 days!

• Advertisement

disco girl wrote: »
    That's what I thought too....nothing has shown up there now for 2 days!

wasnt that bundle only up today? i remeber seeing a guy on here say someone from argos told him they were getting stock on thursday, and that bundle got added today. so i wouldnt see the point of them putting the bundle up if they have no stock. just makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wednesday is their update day for deals and offers, don't care how long I have to wait to get one I ain't buying one from the Capitalist Pigs online.

Wednesday is their update day for deals and offers, don't care how long I have to wait to get one I ain't buying one from the Capitalist Pigs online.

i was going to buy one for 550 but it came with no game and he wouldnt even drop the price, so il wait it out for either argos or amazon to get stock in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

lol - Capitalist pigs? Is that not a bit dramatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

jervis are only getting one ps4 killzone bundle in tomorrow and its already been reserved by a staff member
    been honest guys you'd have to be lucky at this point to get one in argos because theirs loads of staff members that still want one, were just not getting any decent amount of consoles at all
    so far we've gotten in jervis alone about 12 ps4's(most taken by staff) and about 6 xbox ones
    you'd be best trying to buy off amazon if im honest
    their should be another 2-3 ps4s for jervis one next monday but I'd say they will be taken
    just really depends who reserves first

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    jervis are only getting one ps4 killzone bundle in tomorrow and its already been reserved by a staff member
    been honest guys you'd have to be lucky at this point to get one in argos because theirs loads of staff members that still want one, were just not getting any decent amount of consoles at all
    so far we've gotten in jervis alone about 12 ps4's(most taken by staff) and about 6 xbox ones
    you'd be best trying to buy off amazon if im honest
    their should be another 2-3 ps4s for jervis one next monday but I'd say they will be taken
    just really depends who reserves first

you work there or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

I can tell you Smyths in Liffey valley may or may not be getting alot of consoles for free sale the week of the 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I can tell you Smyths in Liffey valley may or may not be getting alot of consoles for free sale the week of the 16th
    I can tell you pretty much the same about every other store (Smyths/Argos/Harvey Norman) in every town in the country:D
    By free sale did you mean first come-first served? Or is it going to be free for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Lads, you're like children arguing about "firsts". :pac:

I'm happy enough, does all the PS4 can and more. Always planned on buying both, so will just wait it out until the new year for my PS4 and none of the exclusives really appeal to more over DR3 and Forza5.

Can you say this with confidence? If I ring up will they say the same thing, or are they keeping it a 'secret'? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Fletchers Ballinasloe are advertising limited stocks of Playstation 4 on the radio this morning. They also mention it on their website here - http://www.expert.ie/content/Fletchers-Expert/1045

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement