Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Killzone gamer pack on its way via Amazon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Killzone gamer pack on its way via Amazon. :D

Snap

Delighted I didn't give in to the scalpers

Happy with it now, didnt really want a gamer pack but beggers cant be chooser at this stage but ya, once the scalpers didnt get my 600-800 for the Solus pack :rolleyes: I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

tmc86 wrote: »
    gamer pack is 2 controllers, game and the camera

Forgive my ignorance but what functionality does the camera bring to the gaming experience?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

BenThere wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance but what functionality does the camera bring to the gaming experience?

Ben

Kind of just like Xbox same things basically, but there is a cool thing called playroom, watch some gameplay

• Advertisement

I just noticed Amazon says it's in stock on the 13th of December and will be delivered on the 19th does that mean I will definitely get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Legandir

Ben

Not much. There's a game called The Playroom(possibly free, I'm not sure) that's let's you play with the camera. If you plan on streaming through Twitch.tv you can use the camera to show your face as well as your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kennym_27

Jumped on the bandwagon and ordered the Gamer Pack from Amazon. Think there will be stock in other stores before Xmas anyway, but just to be safe side...

Selected the Two-Day delivery option but just realised its just over €30 :confused: Definitely don't think its worth it... Can I change that..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I ended up going for the gamer pack too. Wasn't too pushed on trying to get my hands on one asap but somehow I found myself ordering it!

Not too much difference in price once you factor in the game and controller. Only 20 bucks for the camera which might be a nice addition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Kennym_27 wrote: »
    Jumped on the bandwagon and ordered the Gamer Pack from Amazon. Think there will be stock in other stores before Xmas anyway, but just to be safe side...

Selected the Two-Day delivery option but just realised its just over €30 :confused: Definitely don't think its worth it... Can I change that..?

I wouldn't without calling CS.
    You might lose your order if you mess with it.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    I wouldn't without calling CS.
    You might lose your order if you mess with it.

Yeah was thinking the same. Last thing I'd want to do now is lose it lol Whats everyone else gone for standard delivery yeah??

EDIT - Just realised my games are two-day delivery as well, definitely don't want to pay extra for that.

im sure you can edit orders but dont want to check incase lol

Yeah was thinking the same. Last thing I'd want to do now is lose it lol Whats everyone else gone for standard delivery yeah??

A few would have used Parcel Motel(however, megabundle won't fit) - tbh, it's a great piece of kit and if you get it quicker for E30, money well spent.

EDIT - Just realised my games are two-day delivery as well, definitely don't want to pay extra for that.

i just went for super saver and it said it would be delivered at the 18th-19th good enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

All bundles gone again, I would contact the customer service just to ensure your order will go through, 3rd time today consoles have appeared and then disappeared again.

A few would have used Parcel Motel(however, megabundle won't fit) - tbh, it's a great piece of kit and if you get it quicker for E30, money well spent.

Don't mind paying the extra to get the PS4 In time, but I have games oredered as well and they're coming in a different shipment.. really don't need to be paying extra for them. I'll contact CS later on though.

Also just heard that Smyths are guaranteeing consoles for before Xmas (Dec 17th I believe) if you pre-order now. Really not surprising I was always certain there would be a good number on consoles on the market pre-Christmas.

Don't mind paying the extra to get the PS4 In time, but I have games oredered as well and they're coming in a different shipment.. really don't need to be paying extra for them. I'll contact CS later on though.

Also just heard that Smyths are guaranteeing consoles for before Xmas (Dec 17th I believe) if you pre-order now. Really not surprising I was always certain there would be a good number on consoles on the market pre-Christmas.

Mess with the games order all you want, even cancel the games and re-order them.
    Use Parcel Motel for the games.

Mess with the games order all you want, even cancel the games and re-order them.
    Use Parcel Motel for the games.

Can't change the delivery options seperately though, hence my dilemma lol Parcel Motel is little benefit to me, since the nearest stop is an hour away and I'd only waste more diesel (the joys of living in Donegal).

Massive thanks to the original people who posted the bundles on Amazon though. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Can't change the delivery options seperately though, hence my dilemma lol Parcel Motel is little benefit to me, since the nearest stop is an hour away and I'd only waste more diesel (the joys of living in Donegal).

Massive thanks to the original people who posted the bundles on Amazon though. Appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure the guys from Parcel Motel will deliver items to you but there is a charge for that - check their website or contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ianfio

i was just told in Argos limerick that i should be able to get one in there by Tuesday by a friend of mine (he works there) and he said they are now been delivered to the store as undisclosed which i think means the store doesnt even know how many its getting till they open the delivery..

• Advertisement

has anyone actually contacted amazon to see if their order went through?

I went standard delivery with amazon for 5 quid as default.

I went standard delivery with amazon for 5 quid as default.

did you go with that from the start or did you change delivery

Djhanos wrote: »
    did you go with that from the start or did you change delivery

I checked Super Saver delivery and standard and the delivery date was the same, checked the fast option and seen it cost 25 pounds or something so went back to Standard just incase the Super Saver delivery wouldnt be here this side of Xmas.

All in, off the top of my head. it came to 556 euro, give or take a euro or two.

I checked Super Saver delivery and standard and the delivery date was the same, checked the fast option and seen it cost 25 pounds or something so went back to Standard just incase the Super Saver delivery wouldnt be here this side of Xmas.

All in, off the top of my head. it came to 556 euro, give or take a euro or two.
    oh did you buy the action pack bundle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Says a console is on route to my friend, but it hasn't left the depot :mad:

Djhanos wrote: »
    oh did you buy the action pack bundle?

Ya I got the killzone gamer pack.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Says a console is on route to my friend, but it hasn't left the depot :mad:

from amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Yes you can change the delivery options without impacting on the order. All you have to do is click on "Your Account -> Your Orders -> Change Delivery Option"

I know because I originally went for the 2 day delivery but then realised I could get free delivery in 4-5 days so went for that. Both guarantee delivery before Xmas which is all that matters to me.

Ben

• Advertisement

Yes you can change the delivery options without impacting on the order. All you have to do is click on "Your Account -> Your Orders -> Change Delivery Option"

I know because I originally went for the 2 day delivery but then realised I could get free delivery in 4-5 days so went for that. Both guarantee delivery before Xmas which is all that matters to me.

Ben

are you 100% sure, did you do it while they were out of stock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement