Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

Again Thanks to disco girl. My little one will be delighted.

BTW the girl in argos was very suprised that i got it and was asking when did i booked it, she looked a bit shocked and angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

Xtra vision will have enough stock to cover pre orders and most likely general public customers too. Stock will start to arrive early next week.

Where are you getting this info from? It's at odds with nearly everything else we are hearing, yes stock is coming, yes it will cover MOST of the pre-order list in Gamestop and Xtra-Vision, but NO it will come nowhere near satisfying public demand.

As for other stores stocking the consoles, well they're only being stocked with single digit numbers and irregularly at that. I'd appreciate it if you could provide a source for your claim, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

smokedaddy wrote: »
    BTW the girl in argos was very suprised that i got it and was asking when did i booked it, she looked a bit shocked and angry.

Haha really!? Sickener for her! :P

Where are you getting this info from? It's at odds with nearly everything else we are hearing, yes stock is coming, yes it will cover MOST of the pre-order list in Gamestop and Xtra-Vision, but NO it will come nowhere near satisfying public demand.

As for other stores stocking the consoles, well they're only being stocked with single digit numbers and irregularly at that. I'd appreciate it if you could provide a source for your claim, thanks.

When I rang xtravision in blanch couple days ago the guy told me they will get new stock around 16th and if I pre order now I should get it before xmas.
    Not sure if this is true. But that's what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

smokedaddy wrote: »
    When I rang xtravision in blanch couple days ago the guy told me they will get new stock around 16th and if I pre order now I should get it before xmas.
    Not sure if this is true. But that's what I was told.

Hmmm....maybe Dublin is getting more coming its way than the rest of the country, I know down here in the southeast there's not many to be found outside of private sales. Ah well, I can wait til after Christmas if it comes to it.

Glad you grabbed one yerself, hope it makes Christmas just that little bit better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hmmm....maybe Dublin is getting more coming its way than the rest of the country, I know down here in the southeast there's not many to be found outside of private sales. Ah well, I can wait til after Christmas if it comes to it.

Glad you grabbed one yerself, hope it makes Christmas just that little bit better!

Edit: Forgot this was PS4 thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Ordered a killzone gamer pack yesterday on Amazon. Was told delivery will be Dec 19th. Just got an email saying delivery will be earlier than expected and i should have it Dec 14th.

Looks like stock is beginning to flow.

Happy days!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thebiglad

In stock Tesco UK for home delivery (Parcel Motel)

http://www.tesco.com/direct/ps4-500gb-console/599-1388.prd?sc_cmp=aff_965892

Sorry add to Basket option is gone already!

Monitor here - UK only - http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps4-playstation-4

BenThere wrote: »
    Ordered a killzone gamer pack yesterday on Amazon. Was told delivery will be Dec 19th. Just got an email saying delivery will be earlier than expected and i should have it Dec 14th.

Happy days!

Ben
    I'm happy to hear that, and hope that all greedy scumbags will have to sell the consoles for less than RRP.

Happy days!

Ben
    I'm happy to hear that, and hope that all greedy scumbags will have to sell the consoles for less than RRP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just came to post that, from Amazon :
    Hello,

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4)"
    Previous estimated arrival date: December 17 2013 - December 18 2013
    New estimated arrival date: December 11 2013 - December 11 2013

For more details, please visit the Your Account section of our web site :

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tigger123

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just came to post that, from Amazon :

When did you order yours? Just out of curiosity...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

tigger123 wrote: »
    When did you order yours? Just out of curiosity...

I ordered mine yesterday and I think GavRedKing ordered his yesterday also.

Ben

I ordered mine yesterday and I think GavRedKing ordered his yesterday also.

Ben

I ordered mine for the Gamestop website last week and am being told early January. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Amazon confirmed an earlier dispatch for mine too, same as Ben and Gav.

In fairness, its coming up to Christmas, Sony were never going to let a stock issue continue. They've probably plenty made but are just drip feeding them to create the hype and even more demand.

I reckon the majority will be able to pick one up in time.

Good luck to everyone still looking

Ordered from Amazon yesterday when the Bundles went up after being tipped off here, I opted for the standard dleivery over Super saver delivery and paid 5 pound.

tmc86 wrote: »
    Amazon confirmed an earlier dispatch for mine too, same as Ben and Gav.

In fairness, its coming up to Christmas, Sony were never going to let a stock issue continue. They've probably plenty made but are just drip feeding them to create the hype and even more demand.

I reckon the majority will be able to pick one up in time.

Good luck to everyone still looking

When I see all the "stock shortage" it kind if reminds me of the launch of the ps3, where there was a genuine shortage and the demand went through the roof due to hype and scarcity. Can't help but think that maybe this is an artificial shortage to generate buzz around it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mirrorboy

Hoping to get one on Amazon UK. Fingers crossed a bundle pops up today! I order the standalone console on Amazon.de last week. Still no word on shipment, seems January at the earliest so that's a lost cause.

Positive news the past day or two judging by people's comments here. Delighted to hear of people getting theirs!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It's not a claim. It was in an email from head office received by the shop I work in. All pre orders will be sorted before Christmas, excess stock will be sold to the general public.

I can't believe people are still believing the stories being trotted out about February/March. I posted a few weeks ago that anyone who wanted one for Xmas would get one, I stand by that. The market is about to be flooded with consoles, have no doubts about that gentlemen.

When I see all the "stock shortage" it kind if reminds me of the launch of the ps3, where there was a genuine shortage and the demand went through the roof due to hype and scarcity. Can't help but think that maybe this is an artificial shortage to generate buzz around it?

Could be, I mean a few people said that a few retailers would be getting a few on Wednesday or Thursday next week which does tie in with amazon releases, will there be another batch before Xmas, there could be.

The demand is there anyway so if they release more they will be snapped up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got an email at 9.16 saying killzone bundle was back in stock at Amazon, I was asleep of course :( early bird catches the ps4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Ding ding ding, we have a winner folks.

This is all lies, Sony whipping parents into a frenzy where they will instantly buy a console as soon as they have the opportunity, just like the Wii, 360, DS, PSP in years gone by. It's a simple business plan but idiots fall for it every single console launch.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Could be, I mean a few people said that a few retailers would be getting a few on Wednesday or Thursday next week which does tie in with amazon releases, will there be another batch before Xmas, there could be.

The demand is there anyway so if they release more they will be snapped up.

I also find it hard to believe with the manufacturing processes at their disposal, Sony would place themselves in a position that they can't meet the demand for their flagship product.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

Just bought the killzone bundle from Amazon! Estimated delivery 10th dec! Woohoo ! Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

trendy88 wrote: »
    Just bought the killzone bundle from Amazon! Estimated delivery 10th dec! Woohoo ! Happy Days

I had it in my basket and while I was posting the link to it here, it went out to stock :P

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

now Knack bundle available from Amazon, will be gone very soon!

I also find it hard to believe with the manufacturing processes at their disposal, Sony would place themselves in a position that they can't meet the demand for their flagship product.

This is also true, Sony didnt have much to do to beat Microsoft this year, they priced the console perfectly and in terms of release titles both consoles have a pretty average selection at best but the drip feeding of consoles will drive demand through the roof.

I just hope nobody goes and pays thoe looking to make a quick buck on PS4's, especially those trying to buy for kids or nephews/nieces.
    trendy88 wrote: »

Happy days, delighted I got in on the Amazon offer yesterday, I had all but given up hope TBh but the way bundles are coming online suggests if you watch out you might be able to pick up one without over paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

ShaneU wrote: »

Yeah, just got one. Arriving 10th.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement