Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AL1276

It says in stock NOW in capital letters. They have it now.
    It'll cost over €500 to deliver to Ireland though and that's not even including games. Not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cyberwolfkorn

AL1276 wrote: »
    It'll cost over €500 to deliver to Ireland though and that's not even including games. Not worth it.

It includes Killzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AL1276

It includes Killzone.

So it does, my bad.

I hear Killzone is a bit **** though, so most people would still be shelling out another 60 euro on an extra game. I know that I would anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cyberwolfkorn

It's around fifty euro extra. Like i said it's just an option. It works out pretty much the same if you were to get it on Amazon and some people might not be able to get their hands on one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

whats the xbox one like?

Pretty much what you'd expect if you've seen the videos. Great system, a few friends have actually been swayed to buy an Xbox One instead of a PS4 after I've shown them around it. It's mainly down to the lack of PS4 availability as well, seems to be quite easy getting your hands on an Xbox One before Christmas, same can't be said for the PS4. :mad:

• Advertisement

Just ordered the gamer pack on Amazon for my nephew!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 niallmaher

I hesitated on the amazon restock earlier.

Was a Mistake. I guess its sold out because it says its in stock now but when I add it to basket it says no stock left.

They should get more back in stock next week so Ill jump on it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Was just going to post a link to say its in stock now gone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Legandir

Pretty much what you'd expect if you've seen the videos. Great system, a few friends have actually been swayed to buy an Xbox One instead of a PS4 after I've shown them around it. It's mainly down to the lack of PS4 availability as well, seems to be quite easy getting your hands on an Xbox One before Christmas, same can't be said for the PS4. :mad:

This is exactly why I dismiss any claims that Sony are deliberately holding back stock to generate hype. They've had enough console releases to know that generating hype is not worth handing their competitor extra sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

To the folks who purchased on Amazon:

Did you use your Irish address, and if so was it free super saver delivery (as it normally is)? Or did you use Parcel Motel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tigger123

Legandir wrote: »
    This is exactly why I dismiss any claims that Sony are deliberately holding back stock to generate hype. They've had enough console releases to know that generating hype is not worth handing their competitor extra sales.

Are gamers that fickle though? I don't think so. I reckon the brand loyalty to Sony over Xbox would make people wait for a few weeks then snap them up rather than say "well I can't get a PS4 for a couple of weeks so I'll just get an Xbox One today instead".

It just doesn't make any sense to me that Sony are unable to produce enough units to meet it's launch day demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Legandir wrote: »

They are not holding back stock, it is clear that more demand was there for the PS4 then the XB1, I think the level has even surprised Sony. Anyone who thinks the country will be flooded with stock before Christmas is delusional. Going by Sonys estimates they have only around 300k worth of consoles to do 32 countries for the whole of December and as we have seen already, we are small fries as regards console distribution.

daRobot wrote: »

Did you use your Irish address, and if so was it free super saver delivery (as it normally is)? Or did you use Parcel Motel?

Super saver. Delivery expected 13th - 16th of Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

Argos saying sony didn't deliver on there order bad won't have any till next week now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

sas wrote: »
    What are you waiting on specifically?

Have they shipped it yet or is it still dispatching?

For those of you that ordered yesterday, have they dispatched them yet?

Waiting on a killzone bundle pre-ordered on the 24th September. It has been sitting in the U.K since last Friday waiting to be shipped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

daRobot wrote: »

Irish address and paid for stadnard delivery of 5 pound, delivered on 11th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

jellybear wrote: »
    Waiting on a killzone bundle pre-ordered on the 24th September. It has been sitting in the U.K since last Friday waiting to be shipped :(

Sorry to hear that.

For you and me as it turns out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

sas wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.

For you and me as it turns out :(

Will update if (hopefully when!!) I hear anything!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 31 niallmaher

Is there a way for amazon to email me when they have them back in stock?

Maybe there is but they turned it off on the new console pages?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

niallmaher wrote: »
    Is there a way for amazon to email me when they have them back in stock?

Maybe there is but they turned it off on the new console pages?

By the time you open the email, people pressing F5 constantly will have them snapped up.

If you want a console you will have to react quickly when someone posts it here or be one of those F5ers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Didn't have enough money in my account last night when they tried to take it, got that sorted today so hopefully I'll have it soon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ShadowLFC

If i preorder on amazon now, how easy is it to cancel the order if i can find one somewhere else? is it a case of after a certain time frame that i wont be able to cancel it? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭thebiglad

You can cancel right up to dispatch and they will not take any money until then anyway

You could also return it after delivered but a refund of money is never at the same exchange rate as purchase so not recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ShadowLFC

Ok thanks, i preordered the ps4 on its own and they haven't given me a delivery date yet but it says that the following item will arrive after the 25th. Think people must have been getting the killzone pack but they aren't available to preorder

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

Xenji wrote: »
    And they are gone again.

Yeah :( I managed to bag one though! Estimated delivery 13th December with the free delivery option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Mine has just dispatched :)

I chose the faster shipping option incidently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

#Daniel wrote: »
    you could always trade yours in for a gift up to £0.25 on Amazon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ah ffs didn't even get an in-stock email

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement