Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

I managed to get one of the Killzone bundles that came back in stock for a few minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ShaneU wrote: »
    Ah ffs didn't even get an in-stock email

Even if you did you would have less than a minute to get one the way things have been going since yesterday, I have feeling that this is not new stock we are seeing, but stock that was not sold first time around, such as people not paying or cancelling orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

You guys pounding of my website seems to have slowed down a bit :P

Figures still since Saturday mid day

28081 - PS4
    27359 - Killzone
    14375 - Fifa
    15781 - AC
    27359 - Knack
    14317 - Killzone Camera

127272 - PS4 Totals

1390 - Fifa (not Day 1)
    289 - Day One Forza
    3865 - Xbone
    195 - Fifa Day 1

5739 - Xbone totals

133011 Console Totals

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ShadowLFC

Smartspot have ps4s in stock now for sale tomorrow morning in carlow,navan and tallaght, first come first served

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JordanW5497

ShadowLFC wrote: »
    Smartspot have ps4s in stock now for sale tomorrow morning in carlow,navan and tallaght, first come first served

Tallaght have only four, guessing staff got the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 JordanW5497

Anyone know when Smyths get their next delivery? Waiting on pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You guys pounding of my website seems to have slowed down a bit :P

Oh that check Argos one is yours. Good job! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone know when Smyths get their next delivery? Waiting on pre-order.

Meant to be early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 boogenhagen

If I buy a PS4 from someone using Paypal and if I get scammed will I be able to reclaim the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

If I buy a PS4 from someone using Paypal and if I get scammed will I be able to reclaim the money?

Maybe, maybe not. Paypal isn't the safe haven some think it is.

They could send you an empty box with a tracking number and that's you done.

If you've doubts about the seller, get them to throw it up on ebay (presuming you both have accounts), and that will cover you. The seller will have to pay sale fees though, so keep that in mind.

• Advertisement

Presuming he put it on Ebay whats to stop it from being bought by someone else? Could he just put it up at a very high price and have me send him an offer for the price I'm buying it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

Is there any website witch allows to check the amazon stock? Like one for argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

Presuming he put it on Ebay whats to stop it from being bought by someone else? Could he just put it up at a very high price and have me send him an offer for the price I'm buying it for?

Why take the risk with ebay? There's loads on Done Deal and adverts.ie, they're not all looking for ridiculous money, in fact some of them would be around the same price as getting one in from the UK but you'd have it sooner. So long as you're meeting in a safe place and you bring someone with you you'd be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Katie_Sheen

I really want to try to get a ps4 for my brother for christmas but obviously that seems unlikely at this point. Does anyone know if I was to pre-order the console only on amazon would it give me an estimated delivery date? And does it take the money out of your account straight away?

This is where I found out that amazon had the PS4 this afternoon, they updated it really quick and I got one in time, someone linked me there from the PS Forum, Try it out!

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps4-playstation-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

http://www.homeandgardengifts.co.uk/sony-playstation-4-ps4.html

6 consoles in stock, link says out of stock, but their Facebook page says they've just got 6 in. worth a look if you're stuck.

I got mine from here and all is perfect.

Why take the risk with ebay? There's loads on Done Deal and adverts.ie, they're not all looking for ridiculous money, in fact some of them would be around the same price as getting one in from the UK but you'd have it sooner. So long as you're meeting in a safe place and you bring someone with you you'd be fine!

I know but I'm using paypal to buy one from adverts because the person does not want to meet, I just need to know if Id be able to get my money back if he did scam me

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Can someone explain to me the difference with waiting for it to be in stock on Amazon and jumping on it and just ordering it when it's out of stock?

^ All I know is today when I was looking, it wasn't available to order form amazon, was only available from sellers for a big price!, Then when the stock checker sent me there it said in stock now, I ordered and now its preparing to dispatch.

Can someone explain to me the difference with waiting for it to be in stock on Amazon and jumping on it and just ordering it when it's out of stock?

The console by itself is out of stock (but you can put in an order) and with the amount of pre orders, even if you pre order now theres a chance you wont get it before xmas.

Bundles on the other hand have been coming in and out of stock all week. You cant pre order bundles though. They have to be in stock for you to put in an order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

Bundles on the other hand have been coming in and out of stock all week. You cant pre order bundles though. They have to be in stock for you to put in an order.

This is may be a stupid question but are the bundles that are coming in and out of stock all week being sold by amazon directly rather than other sellers on amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭thebiglad

ck24 wrote: »
    This is may be a stupid question but are the bundles that are coming in and out of stock all week being sold by amazon directly rather than other sellers on amazon?

Yes they are from Amazon - there are some from third party sellers but that requires to pass by the amazon stock to 'x new or x used''

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

I know but I'm using paypal to buy one from adverts because the person does not want to meet, I just need to know if Id be able to get my money back if he did scam me

Why don't they want to meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a long time now and for the first time today I saw a PS4 w/ Killzone in stock in the Tullamore Argos shop.
    I reserved it in the knowlege that I can't collect it but maybe someone on this board can (and isn't a scalper!). I'm looking for one in Dublin but am aware I'm very unlikely to get someone who wants to trade an Argos code.

Can anyone make use of this reservation number? Let me know.

edit: gone. ShadowLFC replied first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

slongwill wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a long time now and for the first time today I saw a PS4 w/ Killzone in stock in the Tullamore Argos shop.
    I reserved it in the knowlege that I can't collect it but maybe someone on this board can (and isn't a scalper!). I'm looking for one in Dublin but am aware I'm very unlikely to get someone who wants to trade an Argos code.

Can anyone make use of this reservation number? Let me know.

Can I have it? I've been looking on check argos for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ianfio

i sent you a message first please pick me please im not a scamer im a gamer please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

What's their feedback like and how long have they had an adverts account? If they withdraw the funds straight away and don't post you could have difficulty getting it back unless paying through eBay.

If they won't meet after asking to meet them i'd leave it

What's their feedback like and how long have they had an adverts account? If they withdraw the funds straight away and don't post you could have difficulty getting it back unless paying through eBay.

If they won't meet after asking to meet them i'd leave it

I'm almost sure that it was a scam, he offered it to another person while I was going to send the money but thankfully they told me and I didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

Sorry to the people who mailed me, someone else was just that bit quicker.

I'll keep checking for codes around the country and reserve them for ACTUAL gamers / parents of gamers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I'm almost sure that it was a scam, he offered it to another person while I was going to send the money but thankfully they told me and I didn't
    Make sure to report the add then too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement