Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Are the graphics a big improvement on the ps3 guys is it a complete revelation or is a bit disappointing in some ways?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Are the graphics a big improvement on the ps3 guys is it a complete revelation or is a bit disappointing in some ways?

Some of the games like NBA 2k14 look fantastic, but like all launch consoles you are not gonna see a huge difference in graphics for another couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

Xenji wrote: »
    Some of the games like NBA 2k14 look fantastic, but like all launch consoles you are not gonna see a huge difference in graphics for another couple of years.

^This^

I jumped from the 360 to the PS4 and I've found it to be an incredible machine, but the graphics of the games I've played so far aren't a huge leap from the likes of Halo4 and GTA V. Though in saying that those two games were a huge leap from the previous games I played on the 360.

I will say that BF4 has incredible detail in it, so good in fact it's almost distracting! When lying prone trying to pop guys across a map there's so much going on it's hard to keep concentration, the splashes from falling raindrops etc......

The future of gaming is going to be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Seems like next week will be the last delivery and may go to pre-orders. Deliveries expected by many stores already this [past] week did not materalise.

Yep, as much as many of will hate me for saying this maybe it's time ye got in on private sales before the prices sky rocket, I picked mine up for €650 this week, €650 now is better than €800 next week, and a four figure sum the week after that!

Or use yer common sense and wait til February!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yep, as much as many of will hate me for saying this maybe it's time ye got in on private sales before the prices sky rocket, I picked mine up for €650 this week, €650 now is better than €800 next week, and a four figure sum the week after that!

Or use yer common sense and wait til February!

The prices won't sky rocket to four figures. Or even €800. There's more deliveries due in, and look at the amount of them on adverts and ebay that just aren't selling. The demand isn't THAT huge for people to be paying well over the odds.

You're a fool for paying that price. You're just encouraging arseholes to buy up all the stock and put up the prices.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    The prices won't sky rocket to four figures. Or even €800. There's more deliveries due in, and look at the amount of them on adverts and ebay that just aren't selling. The demand isn't THAT huge for people to be paying well over the odds.

You're a fool for paying that price. You're just encouraging arseholes to buy up all the stock and put up the prices.

Not selling for that price yet! Most people are holding off to see if they'll get one in a store for RRP, but it's clear now that supply is going to be nowhere near meeting demand.

And what I do with my money is my own damn business.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Lay off the bickering, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

smokedaddy wrote: »

Love the first offer "Swap xbox360 plus 100 cash" LMFAO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Simply games have a bundle in stock for the ps4 two controllers and ghosts, works out at just under €650.

http://www.simplygames.com/info/20280/Sony-Playstation-4-Console-with-Call-of-Duty-Ghosts--Extra-Dual-Shock-Controller-and-Dual-Charging-Cable-PS4

• Advertisement

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Simply games have a bundle in stock for the ps4 two controllers and ghosts, works out at just under €650.

http://www.simplygames.com/info/20280/Sony-Playstation-4-Console-with-Call-of-Duty-Ghosts--Extra-Dual-Shock-Controller-and-Dual-Charging-Cable-PS4

Stay away from Simply Games, they are still being investigated by trading standards and are total cowboys.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/08/simplygames-under-fire-for-raising-cost-of-ps4-pre-orders-4138340/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Just about everyone who wanted a console pre launch has one by now , most of the ppl that are looking now are the late comers that seen a nice demo on the toy show or some advert that little Jonnie seen and told his mammy that he wanted a PS4 now. The next wave of consoles will fulfill most of the outstanding orders and there will be a few walk in consoles aswell.

The shortage tha Xenji describes never happened with many ,many stores been massively overstocked and been able to fulfill many second wave orders on the first wave. Amazon,Argos are still coming up with stock . Harvey Norman ,Smyths,Gamestop ,etc ,are getting more stock before the holidays.

I personally would not buy an overpriced Adverts console just yet .As already mentioned above by Tyrell ,there is loads of PS4's for sale on Adverts. If you really are stuck for a PS4 for little Jonnie and cant get one for xmas, I'de wait till a day or two before xmas to buy one from a scalper ,as I'm sure you will get one retail if you be patient.

Just about everyone who wanted a console pre launch has one by now , most of the ppl that are looking now are the late comers that seen a nice demo on the toy show or some advert that little Jonnie seen and told his mammy that he wanted a PS4 now. The next wave of consoles will fulfill most of the outstanding orders and there will be a few walk in consoles aswell.

The shortage tha Xenji describes never happened with many ,many stores been massively overstocked and been able to fulfill many second wave orders on the first wave. Amazon,Argos are still coming up with stock . Harvey Norman ,Smyths,Gamestop ,etc ,are getting more stock before the holidays.

I personally would not buy an overpriced Adverts console just yet .As already mentioned above by Tyrell ,there is loads of PS4's for sale on Adverts. If you really are stuck for a PS4 for little Jonnie and cant get one for xmas, I'de wait till a day or two before xmas to buy one from a scalper ,as I'm sure you will get one retail if you be patient.

My Gamestop got just over 60 consoles in on launch day and have over 200 people still waiting on their list, and they are only getting a small supply in next week, they did not even have enough for the first wave let alone the second. Stock will be coming in, but these are already as good as sold and will be going to people with pre-orders, no walk ins will be getting anything from those stores till well after Christmas.

Sure we only got an allocation of 10k consoles for the country, although that figure is possibly lower, compare that to nearly 300k that the UK got, supply was never gonna meet demand here.

Argos, Tesco and stores like DID will get some for walk ins but you will have to be very quick to get one as they will not have many to go around, Amazon are only putting up consoles that were not paid for in time or were cancelled at the minute and you literally have seconds to get them.

I agree with your last point stay away from the profiteers, you will still get a console, but it will be tough and more than likely next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Just about everyone who wanted a console pre launch has one by now

I pre ordered in Xtravision in Naas in September. I am still waiting very impatiently. Been told I am in the next batch constantly. Its still a big problem with pre order stock levels in Xtravision anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 boogenhagen

Anybody selling a ps4 around galway or knows of any stock please contact me

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kieran_00

Been looking everywhere for a PS4 for over a week now, local stores, the internet, still nothing. I've only seen 1 available on checkargos which I got, but gave it away because it was on the other side of the country.

I hope the next batch comes before Christmas, anyone have any information on when more stock might be coming? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

A lot of people on this thread have been saying that there might be a shipment around 13th - 16th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kieran_00

slongwill wrote: »
    A lot of people on this thread have been saying that there might be a shipment around 13th - 16th December.

Hopefully, thanks for the information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Is that not there delivery from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

JamboMac wrote: »
    Is that not there delivery from amazon.

I think both. The likes of Argos will get stock to sell at the same time as the ones from Amazon are shipping. (only going on what I've read here though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I think both. The likes of Argos will get stock to sell at the same time as the ones from Amazon are shipping. (only going on what I've read here though)

Here's hoping that the rest of you guys get one but to be honest it's not the end of the world if you don't as the strength of games is thin but I'm not a fan of FIFA so hope you all get one at normal price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JordanW5497

Was promised a PS4 after I pre-ordered mine in Smyths in early October, now being told they have a shipment on the 16th, but I'll be lucky to get one before Christmas. Guess my best shot is reserving it on Argos. Anyone know when they'll get them in and I can reserve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Poitiers

Tried everywhere all week for a PS4. Rang Smyths, Xtra-Vision, Harvey Normann and all said stock would not be available before X-Mas.

Final straw today was when a lady in Game Stop told me I could pre-order today for Feb ..... Feck that I thought.

Just placed an order with Amazon.co.uk
    Works out at about €427.
    Surely one of the world's biggest retailers will get stock before the rest.

Wonder when I'll get it?

I'll post an update on delivery when I get an expected delivery date.

My buddy has his ... Pre-ordered months and months ago. Can't wait to get on line and start playing Battlefield 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

All Smyths will likely have free sale ps4s with 100+ for both liffey valley and blanch. cant preorder them or anything but keep an eye on the website from monday

All Smyths will likely have free sale ps4s with 100+ for both liffey valley and blanch. cant preorder them or anything but keep an eye on the website from monday

What about the people who have pre ordered and have not got their console yet, surely they will be given these consoles first and if any are left over they go to the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Poitiers wrote: »
    Tried everywhere all week for a PS4. Rang Smyths, Xtra-Vision, Harvey Normann and all said stock would not be available before X-Mas.

Final straw today was when a lady in Game Stop told me I could pre-order today for Feb ..... Feck that I thought.

Just placed an order with Amazon.co.uk
    Works out at about €427.
    Surely one of the world's biggest retailers will get stock before the rest.

Wonder when I'll get it?

I'll post an update on delivery when I get an expected delivery date.

My buddy has his ... Pre-ordered months and months ago. Can't wait to get on line and start playing Battlefield 4.
    DaLad wrote: »
    Amazon.it have PS4 in stock, they don't ship to Ireland or the UK however but you can use Borderlinx.com to have it delivered to an Italian address and forwarded to you.

PS4= €399
    Shipping with Borderlinx = Estimated €73.21

Amazon PS4 LINK

This still applies btw. Amazon.it still show up PS4 as being dispatched 11th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

DaLad wrote: »
    This still applies btw. Amazon.it still show up PS4 as being dispatched 11th December.

And using Viabox.com forwarding to you with FedEx Express delivery (2-3days) it costs €62 (estimated)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Xenji wrote: »
    What about the people who have pre ordered and have not got their console yet, surely they will be given these consoles first and if any are left over they go to the public?

Yep. thats including preorders up to now :) In my store, We've been ringing people to confirm what bundles they want in what batch since yesterday but its up to the people in your store to ring you whenever

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gamestop really ****ed people over on this, more so than the xbox as they are still getting xboxes in for people on their list, no such luck for people waiting on the PS4 though. Really makes me wonder these guys did not step up to the plate when GAME closed down and when HMV went bust, I mean the real HMV not this bastardised Xtravision clone we have now. These guys are the reputable video games retailer and they have failed to deliver on all counts, no stock no bundles and no deals for anyone, stock in February I say piss off to that, mark my words these will be the next big comp[any to go come the new year, they just don't cut it anymore.

• Advertisement

Gamestop really ****ed people over on this, more so than the xbox as they are still getting xboxes in for people on their list, no such luck for people waiting on the PS4 though. Really makes me wonder these guys did not step up to the plate when GAME closed down and when HMV went bust, I mean the real HMV not this bastardised Xtravision clone we have now. These guys are the reputable video games retailer and they have failed to deliver on all counts, no stock no bundles and no deals for anyone, stock in February I say piss off to that, mark my words these will be the next big comp[any to go come the new year, they just don't cut it anymore.

How did they **** people over, they got their quota and they sold it, the demand for the PS4 has just been phenomenal and supply has not meet demand, each country was allocated a set amount of consoles by Sony, so you can not really blame Gamestop if Sony did not give them enough. My Gamestop has over 200 people still waiting on pre orders and had over 10 times as many orders for the PS4 than the XB1, if you ordered late well it is just tough luck at this stage, but people had been saying for months to order early.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement