Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Lads, anybody around Clare stuck??? I know of somewhere that WILL have consoles for sale Friday morning, 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

If you want to order a massive bundle that dispatch by release day, Game have a few options left. I already have COD, Fifa, Battlefield so they dont suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    you clearly don't know how argos works
    we got 5 ps4s in yesterday
    go online and try reserve them :) you can't because staff can see when their going to be on the argos system and then they reserve it through the argos system so the public have 0 chance to get any
    we did not even voice any of the ps4's away so their never going to be available to the public unless we make it so
    good luck with trying to reserve it at midnight though let me know how that works out for ya :L

I felt sad and a bit angry there for a minute when I read that, but when I reflected and compared having a PS4 on launch day vs. having my "claim to fame" in life as working in Argos, I quickly brightened up. But, ah, go you! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Rang tesco in tallaght there and they will have 4 on friday first come first served may but hard to get one there but worth a shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Anyone know if tesco in stillorgan or ballybrack have any

• Advertisement

stehyl15 wrote: »
    Anyone know if tesco in stillorgan or ballybrack have any
    Id say it will be pretty much the same between 4-10 in the stores the told me wont be on sale till 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Surely, not all staff in every Argos Store will snap up the PS4, you may get lucky & be able to reserve online contrary to what has been said on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 eddie_1498

is there any point ordering on game stop? is it really really unlikely that they won't have enough for Christmas? Sorry for the probably ignorant question, I haven't a clue about gaming, want to get it as a pressie!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

D.i.d might/will have ps4, killzone, 2 controller & camera bundle @499 I said might because staff have preference and they won't know quantities until they arrive late tomorrow evening. Worth checking as I've not seen anyone even mention them up to now

Any one D.I.D in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A lot of jealous people in this thread haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

Ok, I rang tesco Clarehall earlier mainly looking for a suitcase but asked anyway and the girl said that they would be selling them at midnight tomorrow night. I'm just back from there after buying said case and customer services told me they have gotten ten in and they wont be on sale until 8am on friday morning, now she said they will basically be giving a docket to the first ten people in the queue and that will be that they can go and pay for it from 8. Now on the site it says that that store opens at 6 so maybe if someone wants to go there for 6 you'll get one of these tickets, sit in your car for two hours snoozing and then stroll upstairs to collect.
    This is of no use to me as I will be using that case to carry my stuff out of the country for a week. If it had have been midnight i would have tried. Also gamestop in clarehall is doing a midnight launch.
    I didn't pre-order a wii or the last xbox and got them by chance once in smyths when they had one on the shelf behind the til and i asked for it and the wii in gamestop on liffey street when i saw a queue was forming, i'm hoping i get that lucky again this side of christmas.
    I'm going to the states and had toyed with the idea of getting one there but the power warranty issue was worrying me, my hope is that by the time i get back we'll all have one.
    Good luck to those who queue

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Anyone tried the airport
    If you know some staff you mite have a chance

none of the shops selling them are on that list, i think they're dixons in the airport ren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone tried the airport
    If you know some staff you mite have a chance

You'd need a boarding pass to get to the shops on the other side of security.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

go online and try reserve them :) you can't because staff can see when their going to be on the argos system and then they reserve it through the argos system so the public have 0 chance to get any
    we did not even voice any of the ps4's away so their never going to be available to the public unless we make it so
    good luck with trying to reserve it at midnight though let me know how that works out for ya :L

Really no need for your smugness mate the thread is for advice on where to get on on Friday not for employees of those prospective places to rub it in others faces that they have them all booked and don't care less about people queing up to try and get one on friday.

My console is secure on Friday I was merely stating someone could try book one online with Argos on the hopes of getting on early on Friday.

I used to work in Argos and I can tell you from your attitude here the standard of person they employ has really taken a nose dive. I wish your manager could see how you have promoted Argos on this thread maybe then you wouldn't get your console like the countless others and be in the same predicament. You should count yourself lucky that you work there and had the opportunity to get yourself a console without the hastle others will go through before Christmas

MadYaker wrote: »
    You'd need a boarding ss to get to the shops on the other side of security.

As I said if you know some staff you mite have a chance
    or if your you can definitely get one but need a bording pass go ryanair

im just putting it out there.
    im sure if you asked security or called the daa to try and arrange something

Arrange as in you give them the money and they get it for you not too arange going passed security

I'll be in terminal 2 around half seven on friday morning if i can get one i will, I seriously doubt that you'd be able to slip a security member a few quid and get them to get you one, and calling the daa and saying what's the story with grabbin me a ps4 on friday is going to happen. Maybe if you know someone working there.

If your a parent and explain little billy wants one or whatever they mite help im not talking about this situation
    "story bud any chance ya grab us an aul ps4 on yiser brake "

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

Lads, anybody around Clare stuck??? I know of somewhere that WILL have consoles for sale Friday morning, 100%.

I'm in Clare and hoping to pick one up Friday morning frst come first served somewhere. Where do you know Vinz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

srumball wrote: »
    Really no need for your smugness mate

To be fair, he works in Argos. Is there anything really to be smug about?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fandozzle

Were you always a Langer, or it just since you started working in Argos?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

fandozzle wrote: »
    Were you always a Langer, or it just since you started working in Argos?

Which part of "Back on topic" did you not understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

ok iv decided ill wait til after xmas working over xmas anyway to get one hopefully easily enough and that there may be better bundle offers tho there prob wont be extra bunlde offers till summer i suppose?

there you go back on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fandozzle

F1ngers wrote: »
    Which part of "Back on topic" did you not understand?
    Apologies, just felt the post was so unhelpful and contrary to what boards is about, that it warranted a comment, trite and all as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

If anyone is looking in Cork, staff in Tesco Douglas Extra said they will be getting them in and will be on sale from 8am Friday on a first come first served basis. Said the expected to go fast and would only have 8-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

bizz213 wrote: »
    If anyone is looking in Cork, staff in Tesco Douglas Extra said they will be getting them in and will be on sale from 8am Friday on a first come first served basis. Said the expected to go fast and would only have 8-10.

Nice to see an honest post, not like the deliberate misinformation about the largest retailer in Europe experiencing two week "supply issues"

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

Anyone know if tesco in Jervis would have any?

• Advertisement

Anyone talking to D.I.D I rang them and they said they havent a clue if they will get them they have requested from sony and they just dont know if it will turn up on the day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement