Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Gamestop really ****ed people over on this, more so than the xbox as they are still getting xboxes in for people on their list, no such luck for people waiting on the PS4 though. Really makes me wonder these guys did not step up to the plate when GAME closed down and when HMV went bust, I mean the real HMV not this bastardised Xtravision clone we have now. These guys are the reputable video games retailer and they have failed to deliver on all counts, no stock no bundles and no deals for anyone, stock in February I say piss off to that, mark my words these will be the next big comp[any to go come the new year, they just don't cut it anymore.

It's your own fault for not pre-ordering early to guarantee it. That's how I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AlanC275.

Walked into the new tech shop in fairgreen in carlow and they had 5...guy behind the counter said they just came in that morning they had no idea they were getting them I got the creed bundle delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Xenji wrote: »
    How did they **** people over, they got their quota and they sold it, the demand for the PS4 has just been phenomenal and supply has not meet demand, each country was allocated a set amount of consoles by Sony, so you can not really blame Gamestop if Sony did not give them enough. My Gamestop has over 200 people still waiting on pre orders and had over 10 times as many orders for the PS4 than the XB1, if you ordered late well it is just tough luck at this stage, but people had been saying for months to order early.

I didn't order late (23 June) I just had some issues with the store that couldn't be resolved, I don't believe the quotas thing tbh, why were the stores still taking preorders they couldn't fill, it really is shameful trying to buy things like this from reputable sellers, be that Gamestop for Consoles, Smyths for Toys or even clothes shops for some things, yes there is only ever a certain allocation in the first batch but why don't the stores make people aware when they are booking that no you wont be getting your item when you think you will, I in the end will get a PS4 probably from Argos or PC World or Harvey Norman but it shouldn't be that way, I mean I should be able to go to a games shop to buy a games console not Argos etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I know robbingbandits story and trust me, he was ****ed round by gamestop :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I didn't order late (23 June) I just had some issues with the store that couldn't be resolved, I don't believe the quotas thing tbh, why were the stores still taking preorders they couldn't fill, it really is shameful trying to buy things like this from reputable sellers, be that Gamestop for Consoles, Smyths for Toys or even clothes shops for some things, yes there is only ever a certain allocation in the first batch but why don't the stores make people aware when they are booking that no you wont be getting your item when you think you will, I in the end will get a PS4 probably from Argos or PC World or Harvey Norman but it shouldn't be that way, I mean I should be able to go to a games shop to buy a games console not Argos etc.

I totally agree with you about pre orders, every store oversold their quota, they knew exactly how many they were getting weeks before the launch and they all did it, not just Gamestop. The thing is they just guaranteed you the console, but it was only guaranteed if they got enough stock in, which none of them did, and they knew that nothing could be done against them for doing that so that is why they kept taking pre orders even when Sony told them not to.

• Advertisement

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It's your own fault for not pre-ordering early to guarantee it. That's how I got mine.

I did preorder it months ago, I just go into some stupid BS with the store really, my PS4 was fully paid off but due to some petty confrontation both on the stores part and my own the preorder was canceled. I have been on the look out for one since then but keep missing them in Argos Harvey Norman etc.

I did preorder it months ago, I just go into some stupid BS with the store really, my PS4 was fully paid off but due to some petty confrontation both on the stores part and my own the preorder was canceled. I have been on the look out for one since then but keep missing them in Argos Harvey Norman etc.
    Ah I see, thought you were one of those demanding a console without a pre-order. Had a load of problems with my own and lost out on a bundle due to the store's feck up. Got sorted in the end tho

My point is that they should have had an offer to replace Watchdogs and the Watchdogs bundles. I don't really want to go into the bull**** thing with Gamestop, I still have a little hope things can be resolved amicably not looking too good, if I don't get things sorted with them by the end of the month I will post up a thread for the hangover cure on new years day, it will be a sobering story tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My point is that they should have had an offer to replace Watchdogs and the Watchdogs bundles. I don't really want to go into the bull**** thing with Gamestop, I still have a little hope things can be resolved amicably not looking too good, if I don't get things sorted with them by the end of the month I will post up a thread for the hangover cure on new years day, it will be a sobering story tbh.

Sorry that you got screwed about, hope you get it sorted.

I have a serious rep with these guys as I have been a customer for a very long time so I am on first name basis with nearly all the staff in the dublin area, many can't ****ing stand me as I am a smarter than the average bear. That is all I am going to say about that as I want to go and book an Xbox on the Argos site to fill the void left by sony and their BS.

• Advertisement

I have a serious rep with these guys as I have been a customer for a very long time so I am on first name basis with nearly all the staff in the dublin area, many can't ****ing stand me as I am a smarter than the average bear. That is all I am going to say about that as I want to go and book an Xbox on the Argos site to fill the void left by sony and their BS.

Well sony did nothing to you in fairness. Was there not store bundles too. That's what I had to get and drove down the price hugely because of how much they messed up.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Well sony did nothing to you in fairness. Was there not store bundles too. That's what I had to get and drove down the price hugely because of how much they messed up.

Sony did everything to me, I wanted the Brack Friday Budela, four controllers a map of Japan and an express preorder for Metal Gear Solid 5. Where the **** was this on launch day. I couldn't get the store to sell me a bundle console so it caused a war, and the war ain't over yet. I am dragging this thread off topic here so back on topic.

I repeat my previous promise I don't care what your username is get me a PS4 and I will name my first born child after your username, number included if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JordanW5497

What's up with Argos website?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

A bear isn't very intelligent though

A bear isn't very intelligent though

:confused: Never seen Yogi Bear I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Edgeu11

What's up with Argos website?

It's back up and running there now. Still no stock. Got my hopes up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JordanW5497

Edgeu11 wrote: »
    It's back up and running there now. Still no stock. Got my hopes up:(

Yeah same, I was constantly refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Poitiers wrote: »
    Surely one of the world's biggest retailers will get stock before the rest..

Ordinarily this logic should be sound. However, last week we had delivery mayhem, some local stores were on Monday morning's radio show saying they would not have stock until the end of the week, yet posts here shows they were selling stock on Tuesday after a surprise delivery.

Other stores who were advertising an expected delivery did not get any at all.

So no "pattern" to the bigger stores getting the lions share for this release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

DaLad wrote: »
    And using Viabox.com forwarding to you with FedEx Express delivery (2-3days) it costs €62 (estimated)

But doesn't viabox only give you a US address, amazon.it still won't deliver to them? don't see any option to create an Italian address

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

I originally ordered with Amazon, the actual bundle page said that anybody who orders now will receive after launch but before Christmas, then 2 or 3 different people confirmed for me in the live chat thing that I will get it before Christmas, then I looked at my order page again and it said I would get it after the 25th of December, I went back to the live chat it was confirmed that I wouldn't get until January, So I cancelled it, And I went to shopto,net, ordered from them before and it was all good so I said why not?, I pre booked and paid for my PS4, they had it stamped all over their PS4 page that it was guaranteed for Christmas, I contacted them about it, they confirmed it would be here before Christmas,, They sent a message out to all customers who pre ordered that they will get stock in within the next few weeks and will have it dispatched to you by 18th of December, and not to message them unless it's urgent.. & I found a thread on the PS Forum about shopto's second batch of PS4s and there was a lot of people like me worrying about receiving it in time for Christmas, on the thread there were people were ordering days after me, and receiving their consoles, People ordered on the 1st of December in UK and received it by the 3rd.. there was still people from the UK were in the same boat as me, I was glued to the shopto page to see if mine was dispatched, but after reading these I went to check again and my PS4 was still in the pre order section, marked as a back order So I decided to message shopto the other day, they got back to me and said they are going to cancel my pre order due to shipping restrictions, and I will be refunded, I freaked out! I rang them up, was on hold for ages, finally got through and I complained, the fella said they do ship to Ireland (which I know they do as I've used shopto before) then I got put on hold and he came back asked my name etc, then went on hold again, came back and asked what bundle I ordered (as if it mattered) then put me on hold again, finally he came back and told me it's a new thing just today that they have shipping restrictions to Ireland! I said so I had to contact you to find this out? He said they were working their way down through the orders to cancel them, They cancelled my order and refunded me, I told them I'd never order anything off them again.. I went on their site and you can still order games etc from Ireland but can't order a PS4 or Xbox one... I was so fu*king annoyed!

Later that day somebody sent me this link for a PS4 Stock checker, I had a glance but wasn't bothered as I thought it wouldn't be any use, I went back on it later on and seen Amazon In stock now, went straight to the link and it was in stock, ordered straight away, and now my order says Dispatching soon & my Estimated delivery date is 11th-12th of December, so if anybody is looking for a PS4 I would keep an eye on this stock checker! Amazon seem to be getting PS4 bundles in and out of stock every so often.

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps4-playstation-4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Would anyone who placed an order on Amazon while they were out of stock be able to tell me how long it takes for them to issue an estimated delivery date? Reading this thread has me confident, yet still cautious, that I could get the console in time for Christmas, although it wouldn't be the end of the world if it's not here by then. All I want to know is when I can expect it to get here!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

Would anyone who placed an order on Amazon while they were out of stock be able to tell me how long it takes for them to issue an estimated delivery date? Reading this thread has me confident, yet still cautious, that I could get the console in time for Christmas, although it wouldn't be the end of the world if it's not here by then. All I want to know is when I can expect it to get here!

My 1st time it didnt officially have a delivery date but on the order page it said it would be after 25th of Dec.. I cancelled that one though.. whenever they get stock in or somebody cancels an order you will move up the queue apparently.. and you might receive it before Christmas.. I'm not too sure how that works though as I ordered again when it was in stock the other day and now its dispatched.. I don't know why it went to In stock rather than give it to people who already pre ordered?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

I got a PS4 for myself in argos in dundalk and one for my brother in law in limerick thanks to check argos , just want to say thanks to the man who made that site. This all since last tuesday by the way. So that site is an absolute dream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

RVN10 wrote: »
    I got a PS4 for myself in argos in dundalk and one for my brother in law in limerick thanks to check argos , just want to say thanks to the man who made that site. This all since last tuesday by the way. So that site is an absolute dream

Whats the id for the ps4?

PMC83 wrote: »
    Whats the id for the ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

Cheers- doesn't seem to be any around at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

1473825 this is the one I picked up twice

try the bundle codes too

www.checkargos.com

PS4 500GB Console with 4 Games. 1514052

PS4 Console with Killzone Shadow Fall, Controller & Camera. 1450312

Sony PS4 Console with 500GB Hard Drive and FIFA 14 Game. 1578641

Sony PS4 500GB Console & Assassins Creed: Black Flag Bundle. 1451483

PS4 500GB Console with Killzone Shadow Fall Game. 1447947

PS4 Console and Knack Game Bundle. 1473825

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone keeping an eye on checkargos.com

I would recommend making bookmarks to each bundle and keeping them in a folder on your bookmarks bar, like this:

TMMu4cz.png

Makes things a little easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 niallmaher

Gonna keep a eye on Amazon this week.

Anyone remember how much they are charging for the console + game bundles?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement