Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

niallmaher wrote: »
    Gonna keep a eye on Amazon this week.

Anyone remember how much they are charging for the console + game bundles?

£384.99 for Knack and Killzone ones

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

IrishIrish wrote: »
    £384.99 for Knack and Killzone ones

which is 490 euro after vat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Djhanos wrote: »
    which is 490 euro after vat

Wrong. It's 460 euro.

I have absolutely idea why you're mentioning VAT for an intra eu purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rraido

daRobot wrote: »
    Wrong. It's 460 euro.

Because Amazon sell so much stuff here they are obliged to charge the Irish rate of VAT on goods they sell here at 23% instead of the UK rate which is 20%, thus driving price up further.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Wrong. It's 460 euro.

I would have said about €480.....I thought amazon charge vat at uk rate but add on another 3% when you process the order from Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ianfio

are ye two really really talking about whether vat is paid at an Irish rate or the difference on top of the UK vat....... bit off topic i think..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

rraido wrote: »
    Because Amazon sell so much stuff here they are obliged to charge the Irish rate of VAT on goods they sell here at 23% instead of the UK rate which is 20%, thus driving price up further.

Yeah, you're correct.

"Under the EU VAT arrangements, Member States were required to adopt a distance sales threshold of either €35,000 or €100,000. Ireland has opted for €35,000."

So, because Amazon obviously import over €35k worth of merchandise into Ireland annually, they are legally obliged to charge the Irish VAT rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

DaLad wrote: »
    Yeah, you're correct.

"Under the EU VAT arrangements, Member States were required to adopt a distance sales threshold of either €35,000 or €100,000. Ireland has opted for €35,000."

So, because Amazon obviously import over €35k worth of merchandise into Ireland annually, they are legally obliged to charge the Irish VAT rate.

It is ~3-4 GBP extra anyway. Who cares? The current exchange rate (GBP to Euro) is very convenient for Irish customers, the 3% additional Vat means nothing really these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Poitiers

DaLad wrote: »
    Yeah, you're correct.

I wondered why I paid more at checkout for my PS4 than what was advertised. Just under €10. Very interesting.
    How come that's not the same with Play? Gurss they don't import that much.
    I wonder is that why they don't create an Amazon.ie?

All in, I paid approx €427 incl delivery for my PS4 from them where the rrp in Ireland is €399. If it was available in Ireland it's a no brainer. That's half of The cost of Battlefield 4!

They should tell you that on the site even at checkout.

Sure we are all Europeans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

rraido wrote: »

Wasn't aware of that, interesting to know.

Obviously getting it sent to parcel motel in the north, should do the trick of getting around that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wasn't aware of that, interesting to know.

Obviously getting it sent to parcel motel in the north, should do the trick of getting around that.

Yep it does, but only if the difference is more than €3.50 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

Stock in at ASDA

mac1961 wrote: »
    Stock in at ASDA

http://direct.asda.com/PS4-Consoles/AD07011001,default,sc.html

Bundles just in at ASDA for anyone interested. Some good deals too.

Edit: Just to add they mention they will be shipped on the 13th which will be 2 weeks after launch. The XBOX One had the second large delivery of stock 2 weeks later so I expect it will be the same with the PS4 and everyone will have stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

IrishIrish wrote: »
    http://direct.asda.com/PS4-Consoles/AD07011001,default,sc.html

Bundles just in at ASDA for anyone interested. Some good deals too.

Edit: Just to add they mention they will be shipped on the 13th which will be 2 weeks after launch. The XBOX One had the second large delivery of stock 2 weeks later so I expect it will be the same with the PS4 and everyone will have stock.

Tried to order one and they're all coming up as out of stock when you go to complete the order after payment.

People are just snapping them up.

Yup all gone again now.

They put the Assasin's Creed bundles up at 11:40, I placed my order at 11:43 and even then they were saying out of stock :rolleyes:

Here's hoping Amazon have a Christmas miracle and the preordered console I placed an order for 3 days ago miraculously gets shipped in the next batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ianfio

when i was on the asda site i did not see that it could be delievered to ireland can someone confirm whether they ship to rep of Ireland or not thanks

ianfio wrote: »
    when i was on the asda site i did not see that it could be delievered to ireland can someone confirm whether they ship to rep of Ireland or not thanks

No they don't, you have to get it sent to Parcelmotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

People should not be expecting many consoles to be arriving in the second batch, yes they are going fast due to demand, but it is also due to stores getting very small amounts in, you will have to be very fast and lucky to get one this side of Christmas without a pre order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Amazon will surely have some stock today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Amazon will surely have some stock today?

If it is like last week, you literally have a minute before they are all gone, they are coming up in tiny amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mine is on the way.
    Your parcel has left Amazon.co.uk facility and is in transit.

Still on for an 11th delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Poitiers

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Mine is on the way.

Still on for an 11th delivery date.

Do you mind if I ask when you ordered it? I only ordered mine on Saturday?

Did you order a bundle?

Poitiers wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask when you ordered it? I only ordered mine on Saturday?

Did you order a bundle?

Ordered on the 5th, last Thursday.

It was the Killzone Gamer Pack, 2 Controllers, 1 Camera.

Got the dispatch email for the gamer pack bundle I ordered on Friday from Amazon.

Delivery estimate - Wednesday the 11th of December.

Still don't know how I actually ordered one before they sold out again with the reports of them selling out in around a minute each time they're put up for sale again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

still banking on another batch being released before christmas:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Am very worried about my Amazon order. Was supposedly dispatched Friday 29th but no update on tracking info since then. I have been told to wait until 11th which is this Wednesday but I think I've lost all faith in that to be honest :( so if anyone hears of any becoming available please, please let me know :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Friend is still waiting on amazon as well. Been sitting in the depot for 10 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

cloud493 wrote: »
    Friend is still waiting on amazon as well. Been sitting in the depot for 10 days now.

Unfortunately lots of people are in the same boat :( It's ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Very weird that some people are waiting.

Mine says in transit and I've a tracking number.

Have these people ordered months ago or only recently?

Still seems like a f**k up somewhere along the line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement