Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Does anyone know what 'Unknown status' on the checkargos website means?

Means they might have some in stock, have to call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ianfio

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D i just reserved my ps4 for collection tomorrow omg i tought i would spend the rest of my life looking at that argos site.

This is what i did i hope it helps all of ye still looking:

i rang argos dismorning and a mate of mine (works there) told me dont bother looking at the site until after 9 oclock because around half nine is when they relist uncollected machines.
    i started refreshing every 30 secs at nine o clock with every bundle opened in a different tab (Use Internet explorer because chrome's cache seems to slow refresh rates) and then around 9.32 2 came in stock and i got one..

hope this helps..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

ianfio wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D i just reserved my ps4 for collection tomorrow omg i tought i would spend the rest of my life looking at that argos site.

i rang argos dismorning and a mate of mine (works there) told me dont bother looking at the site until after 9 oclock because around half nine is when they relist uncollected machines.
    i started refreshing every 30 secs at nine o clock with every bundle opened in a different tab (Use Internet explorer because chrome's cache seems to slow refresh rates) and then around 9.32 2 came in stock and i got one..

hope this helps..

9 in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

hope this helps..

Which bundle and which store didi you get it at.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I got word that the Gamestop in Mahon Point have or had 20 for reservation today for 20th delivery date.

Ya may wanna ring tomorrow and find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

There is one in Argos in Armagh if anyone is near there

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/argos-reserve-ps4

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I got word that the Gamestop in Mahon Point have or had 20 for reservation today for 20th delivery date.

Ya may wanna ring tomorrow and find out.

Oh and the word was from someone working in the centre who thought i was still looking for a PS4.

I've no number for the store and thers nothing on the MP site or Gamestop, that I can see anyway but I'm sure ye'll get the number somewhere.

9 in the morning?

No nine at night jessie_pinkman hope you get sorted

and it was the knack bundle in limerick RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Poitiers

I'll give you €10,000 and my left kidney for it!

Poitiers wrote: »
    I'll give you €10,000 and my left kidney for it!

ha i was the same a couple of hours ago

got an email from adverts today telling me i would be banned if i made any more rude comments to those scum bags selling there ps4's for massive money

i wont be selling mine till maybe the ps5 release :)

i'll try again 2morrow and if i get one reserved i'll give it to someone on boards....

i dont think i'll sleep tonite...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

I've been away have any of these been popping up in dublin?? Smyths, gamestop argos etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'm in NYC at the moment & PS4 cannot be got really. All the big stores are getting small quantities & they are flying out.

I was talking to sales rep in BestBuy, as I was picking up 2 accessories.

Got meself a 2nd controller & vertical stand for $83 dollars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

davkel wrote: »
    I've been away have any of these been popping up in dublin?? Smyths, gamestop argos etc??

Smyths in Liffey Valley and Blanch will have around 100 each spare over the next 2 weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

thanks enjoy yours too

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Smyths in Liffey Valley and Blanch will have around 100 each spare over the next 2 weeks.

howd you hear that? for walk-ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm in NYC at the moment & PS4 cannot be got really. All the big stores are getting small quantities & they are flying out.

I was talking to sales rep in BestBuy, as I was picking up 2 accessories.

Got meself a 2nd controller & vertical stand for $83 dollars :D

According to a conference call Gamestop did in the US they have still 2.5 million pre orders on back order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

hope this helps..

Were you using checkargos for this, and did they show up as green on the list (as opppsed to unknown status)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I really didn't expect any of this at all. I have money put away into a gift voucher for Gamestop under the impression I'll be able to go in and buy one next Friday (20th).

Now I've got this gut-wrenching sensation of regret for putting it on the voucher as I bet it'll be available somewhere else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

gamercfc wrote: »
    I really didn't expect any of this at all. I have money put away into a gift voucher for Gamestop under the impression I'll be able to go in and buy one next Friday (20th).

Now I've got this gut-wrenching sensation of regret for putting it on the voucher as I bet it'll be available somewhere else :(

Sell your voucher on adverts then, knock 5% off the value and it should go quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

If you were putting money away why not pre-order ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

This week is the magic week, and I already see from posts yesterday that the previously anticipated stock levels have not materialised ~ so where is that stock? Is it there? Where will the surplus [if any] surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

Rang gamestop there, told me they wont have any til january and that they're just back filling pre-orders now.
    Just remembered I know someone in smyths that might be able to give me a heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Symths in airside is apparently a no go. All consoles spoke for.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

davkel wrote: »
    Rang gamestop there, told me they wont have any til january and that they're just back filling pre-orders now.
    Just remembered I know someone in smyths that might be able to give me a heads up.

Which smyths would that be mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Calhoun wrote: »
    If you were putting money away why not pre-order ?

Well obviously I'm going to have to try and do some sort of pre-order now because it won't make any difference to me anymore. I still won't be able to get one anytime soon, but I was really hoping to get one before Xmas. I didn't anticipate it to be so unavailable everywhere. This will be the first time ever that I've not been able to get something due to severe scarcity. I rarely pre-booked any games in my life because I was always able to get it somewhere.

Anybody try Gamestop in Mahon Point, Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

PS4 sales are 66% higher than those of XBoxOne,no wonder they are like hens teeth.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/playstation-4-outselling-xbox-one-2910457

Called to my local Xtravision,they are trying to fill the remaining pre-orders and are waiting on Sony for more stock.Guy at the counter said that people were trying to book consoles as late as the last week in November,they look most likely to not get one until January.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

For an English number from Asda are people just entering fake numbers? But apprehensive to enter a fake number in case Asda need to contact me or something ing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement