Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anybody try Gamestop in Mahon Point, Cork?

?? I never knew there was a gamestop in Mahon. I know there is one in blackpool and patrick st. None to be had there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Flaccus wrote: »
    ?? I never knew there was a gamestop in Mahon. I know there is one in blackpool and patrick st. None to be had there anyway.

Its only gone in their a few weeks, went into where Game used to be, middle of the ground floor more or less.

My PS4 arrived anyway a few minutes ago, thanks to everyone for updating the thread, wouldnt have got one without ye.

Hope ye all have luck and get one this side of Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Its only gone in their a few weeks, went into where Game used to be, middle of the ground floor more or less.

My PS4 arrived anyway a few minutes ago, thanks to everyone for updating the thread, wouldnt have got one without ye.

Hope ye all have luck and get one this side of Xmas

Nice one Gav! enjoy it!

I ordered the gamer pack the same day and it was confirmed as being in Dublin Mail Centre yesterday. Did your tracking update today by any chance as I thought it might arrive this afternoon at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Well have finally been sent a replacement from Amazon. Fingers crossed it arrives soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

tmc86 wrote: »
    Nice one Gav! enjoy it!

I ordered the gamer pack the same day and it was confirmed as being in Dublin Mail Centre yesterday. Did your tracking update today by any chance as I thought it might arrive this afternoon at some stage.

Ya, as soon as it arrived in Dublin, on the 9th 2AM, I think, the tracking number worked.

Arrived in Little Island this morning and was out for delivery as at 7.50 AM.

Arrived about 11.20.

The latest update from Amazon and An Post is "its out for delivery"

I'd say anyone who ordered on the 5th or 6th will get theres today or Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Ya, as soon as it arrived in Dublin, on the 9th 2AM, I think, the tracking number worked.

Arrived in Little Island this morning and was out for delivery as at 7.50 AM.

Arrived about 11.20.

The latest update from Amazon and An Post is "its out for delivery"

I'd say anyone who ordered on the 5th or 6th will get theres today or Wednesday.

Mine still says "on route to customer" so I presume its still in the mail centre. Getting it delivered to work in Dublin so it will prob arrive tomorrow now I'd say.

Champions league to keep me occupied this evening anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Aodhagan wrote: »

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I was too slow, and by the time I'd entered all the credit card details, and clicked to proceed, it just said basket empty....

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

same thing happened to me :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I'd have thought once it's in the basket it would be secured for a certain time frame. Grrrrrr, the c*nts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Flaccus wrote: »

Yes, a new "Christmas Season" store on trial. They did not get the expected stock levels nor at the expected time. Anything they are getting now is being allocated to pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

howd you hear that? for walk-ins?

Work in Smyths in Navan. Seen the allocations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Poitiers wrote: »
    That's exactly what thi thread is for. Its guiding people to get their hands on a PS4.

Cranky!!!
    what i mean is im trying 2 get a ps4 myself we all are this are people with preorders who are still getting them before christmas its making us all jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kennym_27

Well lads the PS4 arrived this morning. :) Delighted to say the least... could not have done it without the guys and girls who posted about their availability on Amazon (thebiglad I believe in particular), so a massive thanks to them.

Good luck to the rest of yous who are still on the lookout, hope something turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sanaking

Kennym_27 wrote: »
    Well lads the PS4 arrived this morning. :) Delighted to say the least... could not have done it without the guys and girls who posted about their availability on Amazon (thebiglad I believe in particular), so a massive thanks to them.

Good luck to the rest of yous who are still on the lookout, hope something turns up.

Agree, a thanks from me as well to all who have been helpful with info. I did get one for my son as well( from Smart Spot) ... and I am not giving up on checking Checkargos or other sites... will post as soon as I find any available .. and hopefully can be of help to others on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Those Asda bundles are impossible to get, I've tried the past two times and everytime I get past the payment stage and go to confirm the order they come up as out of stock.

I'll keep an eye on the asda site and when they come up i'll let people know.
    Hoping i can get one from there as my other half is from up north and i get stuff sent there regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

not sure if it was said here but according to their site littlewoods.ie have them in stock. but they are over priced at 430 for a solus ps4. i just happened to see them while looking for something else. i have mine since launch but maybe its some help to one of two of you.

*edit* i just noticed that they are showing games that aren't out until next year also in stock so might not be reliable.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

not sure if it was said here but according to their site littlewoods.ie have them in stock. but they are over priced at 430 for a solus ps4. i just happened to see them while looking for something else. i have mine since launch but maybe its some help to one of two of you.

They don't have them in stock that is for pre order next year February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Right.

Signed my redundancy paperwork. Then got told my package is being paid out this month, not next month like I thought. So now I have an over bearing hankering for a PS4, considering I have four weeks off until my next job.

Absolutely last minute, I dont get paid until the 20th, anyone got an idea where I should be looking, I'd imagine five days before XMAS it will ramp up big time, should I just put an order into Amazon now, just to on a "list"? I don't have the cash right now, but I believe they dont charge until the package ships.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not paying scalpers at all, its for me, not a santa present so no impending rush, just a horrible horrible desire. I'm also somewhat confused from Amazon's various packages, only one looks to be actually from Amazon, the rest are seperate retailers. I'll probably just pickup the Killzone bundle, have Fifa 14 here in the wrapper : /

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

TheDoc wrote: »
    Right.

Signed my redundancy paperwork. Then got told my package is being paid out this month, not next month like I thought. So now I have an over bearing hankering for a PS4, considering I have four weeks off until my next job.

Absolutely last minute, I dont get paid until the 20th, anyone got an idea where I should be looking, I'd imagine five days before XMAS it will ramp up big time, should I just put an order into Amazon now, just to on a "list"? I don't have the cash right now, but I believe they dont charge until the package ships.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not paying scalpers at all, its for me, not a santa present so no impending rush, just a horrible horrible desire. I'm also somewhat confused from Amazon's various packages, only one looks to be actually from Amazon, the rest are seperate retailers. I'll probably just pickup the Killzone bundle, have Fifa 14 here in the wrapper : /

The console only wait-list on Amazon could mean you don't get it until January. Best bet is to try on stockinformer.co.uk on the day your payment comes through and wait for a bundle to appear.

I'm actually in a similar situation, waiting on a commission payment for online game sales that is coming to me on the 18-22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Aodhagan wrote: »
    The console only wait-list on Amazon could mean you don't get it until January. Best bet is to try on stockinformer.co.uk on the day your payment comes through and wait for a bundle to appear.

I'm actually in a similar situation, waiting on a commission payment for online game sales that is coming to me on the 18-22nd.

May the best F5'er win!

I used to work in an Argos for a number of years so going to see if I can pull a favour, just such a cluster ****. I expected there to be teething issues, but the Ps4 looked a seriously smooth launch. My only real title of concern was Fifa 14 and I cant stop playing it in a friends house, just incredible stuff. From what was a **** cool "meh I can wait until january" has turned into a panic fest haah

In fairness might hang on until January still, I'm sure a few vouchers and the likes might come my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'm down on the Amazon list for console only since last week, the thing that's worrying me though is that a lot of people are saying that it could be February before we get one. Really hoping to have one before my birthday on the 22nd of January, and I've been scoping out stockinformer and checkargos every day.

i only placed a pre-order with amazon on the 28th when i realised there was no hope. I'll keep trying and if not i'll get one whenever they send it. Would like it before christmas but i'll live if i don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

his 4 and 5 keys are clearly swapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thanks for the reports everyone. All offending posts have been deleted, and appropriate action has been taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

Like gold dust they are, some time booked off work for xmas and missed my pre order due to a family member passing away! Sad times!

• Advertisement

this is a complete coincidence but i just got an email from amazon saying that my xbox would be with me by Dec 17th, it was ordered on the 28th november so not sure if that helps anyone but i think that's my searching over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement