Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

davkel wrote: »
    this is a complete coincidence but i just got an email from amazon saying that my xbox would be with me by Dec 17th, it was ordered on the 28th november so not sure if that helps anyone but i think that's my searching over.

There is far more demand for the PS4 than the XB1 as it stands, people were worried that if Sony did not get enough out people would turn to the xbox, but this does not seem to be the case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Smyths will have walkin consoles on the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

I am still waiting on my pre order from Smyths so it better not be walkins, others are waiting on them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

How do you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

How do you know this?

Manager told me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Manager told me.

Which store?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

I heard the same at my local Smyths in Limerick. To confirm I rang another outlet at the other side of the city and was told the same.

I'm sure they will honor their pre-order agreements also. It would be blatantly unfair if they didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Nazzu wrote: »
    I am still waiting on my pre order from Smyths so it better not be walkins, others are waiting on them as well.
    one mans lose is another mans gain

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

I ordered my PS4 (Killzone Bundle) from Amazon on the 6th. I'm having it delivered via Parcel Motel. According to Amazon, it was delivered today (at about noon). It's not showing up though in my Parcel Motel account. On Amazon, it also says it was delivered at Carrickfergus, whereas the Parcel Motel depot is about 5 miles away at Newtownabbey. This is my first order using Parcel Motel, so I'm just curious if anyone has any experience of this and if everything is in order (or if something might be wrong)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Greyian wrote: »
    I ordered my PS4 (Killzone Bundle) from Amazon on the 6th. I'm having it delivered via Parcel Motel. According to Amazon, it was delivered today (at about noon). It's not showing up though in my Parcel Motel account. On Amazon, it also says it was delivered at Carrickfergus, whereas the Parcel Motel depot is about 5 miles away at Newtownabbey. This is my first order using Parcel Motel, so I'm just curious if anyone has any experience of this and if everything is in order (or if something might be wrong)?

Check your parcel motel account at 8pm and it should be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

stehyl15 wrote: »

Try saying that to the angry customers that Smyths will be getting in their stores if they give a persons pre ordered PS4 to some late comer chancing his arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Seems to be a few bundles intermittently popping up in game.co.uk

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps4-playstation-4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

stehyl15 wrote: »

A stick in the mud is worth 2 in the paw

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JordanW5497

Smyths told me the other day they have done all the pre-orders up to the 9 of October, their just finishing off pre-orders and apparently are getting a big shipment on 12th or 16th. This is one in liffey valley retail, probably the same everywhere else though.

According to Amazon it's been almost 9 hours since my PS4+KZ bundle was delivered to Parcel Motel...still not showing up in my account on Parcel Motel website though. Getting a little nervous about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

It'd be great if all these reports of large shipments are true. I can't imagine it's just Smyths receiving the delivery. Some are bound to go to Argos as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Greyian wrote: »
    According to Amazon it's been almost 9 hours since my PS4+KZ bundle was delivered to Parcel Motel...still not showing up in my account on Parcel Motel website though. Getting a little nervous about that.

Someone else in N.I. is playing Kill Zone on your PS4

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Someone else in N.I. is playing Kill Zone on your PS4

Just showed up as checked-in at the depot at 21:35.

You had me scared though.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

Stock showing up in John Lewis on stock informer, but no stock when you get on their website, worth a try at opening of business in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

My ps4 is dispatching nowfrom amazon, for anyone else expecting it to be the €399 it worked out at €427

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

davkel wrote: »
    My ps4 is dispatching nowfrom amazon, for anyone else expecting it to be the €399 it worked out at €427

When did you order davkel?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

I ordered on the 28th November, when all hope was lost of walking in off the street, i tried to change it to a bundle yesterday but think i confused the customer service rep so stepped away in case they cancelled it and just got the unit i'll pick up some games in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

slongwill wrote: »
    It'd be great if all these reports of large shipments are true. I can't imagine it's just Smyths receiving the delivery. Some are bound to go to Argos as well.

It's possible, so far delivered stocks have been lower than promised, a logistics question I suspect, late deliveries rather than more stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

http://www.powercity.ie/ anyone quick enough to order they have 60 in stock

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    http://www.powercity.ie/ anyone quick enough to order they have 60 in stock

And they're gone

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Snegg

how do you know??

Called them

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Snegg

Is their anyway of knowing if you got there in time??

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

http://www.powercity.ie/

Have 60 right now thank me later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

http://www.powercity.ie/

Have 60 right now thank me later...

says sold out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement