Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

I just spoke to my local Xtravision and they are saying that they are not expecting to have walkin stock before xmas nor do they expect to fully cover their preorder list.

They are saying they are not aware of any big shipment due before christmas.

This is not consistent with what Vinz Mesrine.

I've no reason to doubt Vinz but I also can't find logic in my Xtravision store playing down the chances of getting one before xmas if that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

A post from Power City on their Facebook page:

"Power City: You fill in your details on the contact us page and we will ring you back to get everything arranged"

Click on the pic that says they're sold out, it's a link to their contact page.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

60 of them sold out in 20 minutes, people must be hovering over the pages waiting to click. Fair play to all who got them. JUst hope it wasn't some speculator trying to make some money by selling them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

did any one here nab any? from power city

Not me anyway, sadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Power City will not have them in till the 19th though, so unless it is a Christmas present, people will have to wait another week to get theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I was talking to the store manager in my local Xtravision in Skerries last week when I pre-ordered mine. Being a small local store, there werent many preorders, so I managed to sneak on before Xtra-vision closed preorders on Friday. She was telling me she was constantly emailing the head offices trying to find out but they have no idea themselves. A date that they are hopeful for is the 21st. The store manager told me I should definitely have one before Christmas which got my hopes up. But I highly doubt I'll get my hands on one before January!

Xenji wrote: »
    Power City will not have them in till the 19th though, so unless it is a Christmas present, people will have to wait another week to get theirs.

Is that more stock than they announced today or is that for people that ordered today will have to wait a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 123moose

Got one from Power City, delighted! Big thanks to al-coholic.

Rang Ken Black earlier and apparently they are getting a shipment in sometime tonight. She said all the stock they are getting in is evenly distributed between all Ken Black and Smyths stores. She said to give them a ring back around 5ish and she will let ya know what stores will have stock in tonight, otherwise it will be tomorrow sometime. Number for Ken Black is 057-8621292.

Is that more stock than they announced today or is that for people that ordered today will have to wait a week?

People today, was mentioned in the other pre order thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

People today, was mentioned in the other pre order thread.

Thank you so much for this, I just got the call paid and it will be delivered tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rra

I don't think this information is correct. Was talking to them just minutes ago and was ensured I will receive mine tomorrow? I'm from Dublin btw.

Anyway.. Feeling delighted.. I don't usually use Facebook too often, but when I do I manage to get myself a ps4! Well it's actually Christmas present for my brother.

Thanking everyone of you for keeping me updated with the situation about the stock in stores. Still have 1 pre-ordered from Xtra vision from earlier with some deposit paid, so if I get a call, thinking about sharing it with one of you? ha, can't think of a better way to give something to this forum back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

rra wrote: »
    I don't think this information is correct. Was talking to them just minutes ago and was ensured I will receive mine tomorrow? I'm from Dublin btw.

Anyway.. Feeling delighted.. I don't usually use Facebook too often, but when I do I manage to get myself a ps4! Well it's actually Christmas present for my brother.

Thanking everyone of you for keeping me updated with the situation about the stock in stores. Still have 1 pre-ordered from Xtra vision from earlier with some deposit paid, so if I get a call, thinking about sharing it with one of you? ha, can't think of a better way to give something to this forum back :D

I'll have it thanks lad :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

Just got call back off power city payment gone through, and should be delivered tomorrow. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Snegg

I put in my details on PowerCity at about 10:55, a few minutes after they put it up.
    I messaged them on facebook asking if I was one of the few to get it and I was told that I wasn't on the list.
    If anyone did get one, what time did you submit your contact details??
    cheers

rra wrote: »

The other fella must of got it wrong then, hope your brother gives you a few games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Poitiers

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    http://www.powercity.ie/ anyone quick enough to order they have 60 in stock

Thank you Al_Coholic ..... Will you marr me?

Power City - I love you! Just paid for my PS4 and it will be delivered on Fri / Mon.

This thread was the best. Just canceled my order from Amazon.

Hope everyone gets sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

I only missed it by a minute. Completely disheartened now. Delighted for all of you that managed to get one though!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

sas wrote: »
    I just spoke to my local Xtravision and they are saying that they are not expecting to have walkin stock before xmas nor do they expect to fully cover their preorder list.

They are saying they are not aware of any big shipment due before christmas.

This is not consistent with what Vinz Mesrine.

I've no reason to doubt Vinz but I also can't find logic in my Xtravision store playing down the chances of getting one before xmas if that's not the case.

Staff instore aren't been told anything so don't expect too much info,the best I got was that they were looking to fill the pre-orders going by earliest booked first.They haven't a clue as to how much stock stores are getting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

i gave a friend a reserve code thinking i might of got some good karma for it but... i didnt :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Power city just called me back, offering me one from the 60th list, I had to decline, it might be worth calling the store immediately to try get this

• Registered Users Posts: 19 skyward_blade

Massive thanks, just got the call off Power City for delivery tomorrow. Cheers for the heads up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Absolute Mint...Just got call from powercity confirming my delivery for Friday/Monday. If you haven't heard back yet dont give up hope....I didn't register my interest until after 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Snegg

What time do you put in you contact details at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Anyone use Shopto.net? Had a PS4 on order there since October 19th and it went to backorder and they assured me I'd have it before Christmas only to cancel the order today telling me they can no longer ship outside the UK despite originally charging me £21 for the privilege. I am beyond pissed off right now. Unreal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wilbertorama

Just got a call from power city.I got one.I didn't put my details in until around half 11.Long after they put up the notice saying it was sold out.I just thought I'd try my luck.So dont give up hope.Cheers lads for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

just got a call from power city too! thanks alot guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Katie_Sheen

To the people who got a call from Powercity - did you just give your name and number on the customer help thing that came up when you clicked the banner on the front page?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

To the people who got a call from Powercity - did you just give your name and number on the customer help thing that came up when you clicked the banner on the front page?

Yes, name number and commented "Looking for Ps4 Killzone bundle please"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cecco70

Big thank you, I got a call back from powercity and they told me it will be delivered tomorrow.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement