Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Just got a refund no replacement so on the hunt now lol

I thought if you rang up Sony instead of amazon you would get a replacement from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭damoPL

Approximately at what times should I check checkargos.com, smyths, power city? Also I have a pre-order from XV worth €160, anyone know anything about refunds if I manage to get a console from above said places? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

damoPL wrote: »
    Approximately at what times should I check checkargos.com, smyths, power city? Also I have a pre-order from XV worth €160, anyone know anything about refunds if I manage to get a console from above said places? Thanks in advance.

Pass your deposit on if you get another one elsewhere I'm sure many here would take it at cost price. there is no time to say really on checking the sites it's just down to luck, my advice would be check after 9am and 9pm, opening and closing times for the shops you may get lucky.

Pass your deposit on if you get another one elsewhere I'm sure many here would take it at cost price. there is no time to say really on checking the sites it's just down to luck, my advice would be check after 9am and 9pm, opening and closing times for the shops you may get lucky.

What do you mean pass it on? As in sell to someone? I'm not sure if it would be of any use as they're giving me an ETA of mid-January (Pre-ordered in November). Thanks for the info :D

What do you mean pass it on? As in sell to someone? I'm not sure if it would be of any use as they're giving me an ETA of mid-January (Pre-ordered in November). Thanks for the info :D

They may not refund you, best to check with them first though, I can tell you this I never thought it would be this hard to get a console, I am bloody pissed trying to get one at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Xtra-vision told me any deposit is fully refundable. In their defence though I did only pay a tenner at the time :P

They may not refund you, best to check with them first though, I can tell you this I never thought it would be this hard to get a console, I am bloody pissed trying to get one at this stage.

It's crazy! I'm really surprised that SONY hadn't anticipated such demand. Anyways, I've sent a message there to XV Facebook page, going to give them a ring tomorrow as well. I assume they should though since I hadn't actually received an item. It's going to be a sucky Christmas if I can't get one!!

It's crazy! I'm really surprised that SONY hadn't anticipated such demand. Anyways, I've sent a message there to XV Facebook page, going to give them a ring tomorrow as well. I assume they should though since I hadn't actually received an item. It's going to be a sucky Christmas if I can't get one!!

Amen brudda!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

no offence lads but it has been talked about here since march, sony not anticipating demand isnt quite right in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

They knew of demand internationally but you can only produce high end products at such a speed otherwise the amount of faulty ps4s would have damaged the reputation of the console and you have to remember there is millions of people across the globe in the same boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

JamboMac wrote: »
    They knew of demand internationally but you can only produce high end products at such a speed otherwise the amount of faulty ps4s would have damaged the reputation of the console and you have to remember there is millions of people across the globe in the same boat.

Indeed, they have said for months they expected to sell 3 million consoles worldwide this year, and they managed to sell over 2 million so far in just 2 days after both launches, they expect to sell another 2-3 million between January and the end of March, the demand has just been overwhelming and has outstripped supply, you can only make so many console per month.

Not sure why people are complaining, it is not like you are entitled to a console, hell people pre ordered theirs back in February to guarantee they got theirs on launch day, just be patient and you will get yours, hell the UK got 30 times as many consoles as we did and they still have not filled all their pre orders, same with a lot of store here, my Gamestop has over 200 people still on pre order waiting to get a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Sony had six years to prepare for launching this new console, enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Sony had six years to prepare for launching this new console, enough said.

I agree..... why in the name of God didn't they start building them six years ago to have enough stock :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gunner90

ArthurG wrote: »
    I agree..... why in the name of God didn't they start building them six years ago to have enough stock :confused:
    6 years ago they stared building! That is ridiculous that they didn't anticipate what was coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

ArthurG wrote: »

didnt the ps3 come out in 2006, so build PS4 one year later....lol :pac:

either way someone made a major f*** up in my eyes, this is bound to cost Sony a lot of money not anticipating these kind of sales in the run up to xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Doesn't this exact same thing happen everytime a new iphone comes out?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Isn't it amazing, the amount of qualified manufacturing, logistics, marketing, planning and design experts that come out of the woodwork when they can't get PS4, iPhone, Galaxy S4.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Gunner90 wrote: »
    either way someone made a major f*** up in my eyes, this is bound to cost Sony a lot of money not anticipating these kind of sales in the run up to xmas!

They could've ramped up production like Apple did with the 5S making 500,000 a day, thing is, what's to be done after Christmas when the demand drops? Extra stock is costing money sitting in warehouses and you then have to go about shutting down those factories that you spent so much on getting into assembly.

They obviously struck their balance, and in the long run, that's all that's beneficial for them to produce.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    They could've ramped up production like Apple did with the 5S making 500,000 a day, thing is, what's to be done after Christmas when the demand drops? Extra stock is costing money sitting in warehouses and you then have to go about shutting down those factories that you spent so much on getting into assembly.

They obviously struck their balance, and in the long run, that's all that's beneficial for them to produce.
    Well said!! Just fingers crossed more come up before the christmas. I just can't see the demand near as much for next year when they start popping up everywhere!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 VanZandt

so got the killzone bundle yesterday from amazon......faulty!
    seems to have the HDMI port problem ( no picture displaying on tv...tried different HDMI cables)

so if anyone had the same problem - would i be better contacting Sony - or sending it back to amazon ( either way looks like no ps4 for christmas ):mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

VanZandt wrote: »
    seems to have the HDMI port problem ( no picture displaying on tv...tried different HDMI cables)

so if anyone had the same problem - would i be better contacting Sony - or sending it back to amazon ( either way looks like no ps4 for christmas ):mad:

amazon have stock for replacments I seen it somewhere, il try and find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

astonaidan wrote: »
    I guess they are getting sick of people asking about them, I was a bit annoyed by the way they were so dickish about it

The only 'defense' I'd offer for the shops is they've been mucked around too by suppliers promising deliveries, numbers and dates, and then nothing or smaller amounts arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Gunner90 wrote: »

Only Sony can answer this one. Seemingly selling your entire inventory is a manufacturers dream Christmas present.

And we may not know all the manufacturing difficulties ~ that will come to light soon enough after the 25th and into the new year.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Only Sony can answer this one. Seemingly selling your entire inventory is a manufacturers dream Christmas present.

And we may not know all the manufacturing difficulties ~ that will come to light soon enough after the 25th and into the new year.
    That's the problem, won't happen till after the new year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wilbertorama

Ps4 just arrived from power city.Less than 24 hours after I ordered it.Thanks to all on this thread that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Ps4 just arrived from power city.Less than 24 hours after I ordered it.Thanks to all on this thread that helped.

How much did you have to pay for delivery? Was it just consoles or bundles ?

VanZandt wrote: »

Amazon have no more stock I got a faulty killzone bundle eject button would not work amazon will on give refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wilbertorama

Delivery was 10 euro.It is the Killzone bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

rafi bomb wrote: »
    How much did you have to pay for delivery? Was it just consoles or bundles ?

I didn't get one, but it was 10 euro delivery, and the Killzone bundle only.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement