Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    you clearly don't know how argos works

we got 5 ps4s in yesterday
    go online and try reserve them :) you can't because staff can see when their going to be on the argos system and then they reserve it through the argos system so the public have 0 chance to get any
    we did not even voice any of the ps4's away so their never going to be available to the public unless we make it so
    good luck with trying to reserve it at midnight though let me know how that works out for ya :L

Hopefully notice comes in from head-office advising staff are not allowed to preorder any consoles ;)

Seen it happen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

We shoul all email argos customer service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭happytramp

We shoul all email argos customer service :)

Ha, call me petty, but I've already done it. It made me strong and powerful.......like an Argos employee with access to a PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Back on track, lads. Any updates from Tesco/ Argos regarding how much will be available tonight/ tomorrow? I'll be heading to galway to find out at 5 this evening and will report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

That's just for the UK I'd say. No Irish cities showing up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Have yous tried ken blacks in
    portlaoise carlow or any of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Smyths might have a few cancellations or change of mind or consoles not picked up within 24 hours....so you might get lucky and get a call on sunday.

HN appear to want their pre-orders collected within 48hrs of launch. Not sure what will happen afterwards but it's possible they'll sell off their uncollected consoles and save one of the next batch for those who didn't collect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iMark

Went down to Dundrum, Tesco will have 6 on a first come first serve basis. Shutters open at 6am. Argos in Dundrum say they will have 3 or 4 also first come first serve but given the attitude of some employees already shown in this thread there is also a good chance you could queue up and they may have none.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Rang D.I.D Electrical in Galway and they said that they would not have any in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Passed by the Argos in Blanchardstown today and they had this sign in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Im just going to walk in on Saturday and see if they have any in donaghmede, if not sure i can wait nothing on it that im overly enthused to play at the moment.

The average stock seems to be around 4-8 for many places, some less than 4 and some around 10. Its a pain, many places in the UK have secured stock of between 30-40 to sell on a first come first serve basis. Looks like queueing up overnight is the only way if you really want it and even then there is little point staying if you head somewhere and there is about 10 people already there or so. I might swing by a few hours before they open, if I am lucky and nobody is there I will wait, if people have beaten me to it then so be it.

Just spoke to a guy in HN Blanchardstown. Zero available for walk in's at any of their branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Im in limerick, looks like argos has reserved all stock in munster, they said all they had was the package for €529 but these have been reserved! Wish i preordered it from the start, its only now that they are coming out tomorrow i really want one! Anyone kno where to get hold of one in limerick area??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

jc84 wrote: »
    Im in limerick, looks like argos has reserved all stock in munster, they said all they had was the package for €529 but these have been reserved! Wish i preordered it from the start, its only now that they are coming out tomorrow i really want one! Anyone kno where to get hold of one in limerick area??

Staff must of snapped them all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

happytramp wrote: »
    Just spoke to a guy in HN Blanchardstown. Zero available for walk in's at any of their branches.

Lies! Guys in cork 1st come 1st served!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

smyths should have a few to spare as well. just tried ringing tesco in galway to confirm stock and availablity/times but nobody is answering the phone. its all very hush-hush atm for some reason!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

xbox one can be ordered for collection from argos for 3rd december -5th.so hopefully it will be just as easy for the ps4 in a weeks time?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Anyone as mad as me willing to drive to Tesco Extra in Craigavon for the midnight launch? :>

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/now-tesco-has-extra-ps4-stock-for-midnight/0125068

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Clover wrote: »
    Passed by the Argos in Blanchardstown today and they had this sign in the window.

Crap.

kucyk wrote: »
    Anyone as mad as me willing to drive to Tesco Extra in Craigavon for the midnight launch? :>

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/now-tesco-has-extra-ps4-stock-for-midnight/0125068

To be honest I was thinking about it earlier, if there was a Tesco Extra in one of the boarder towns I probably would have too but Craigavon is a long way to go if you do end up coming back empty handed. So I decided against it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Does anyone know when they will likely have stock after launch day? Would you be able to grab one before xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

iMark wrote: »
    To be honest I was thinking about it earlier, if there was a Tesco Extra in one of the boarder towns I probably would have too but Craigavon is a long way to go if you do end up coming back empty handed. So I decided against it lol.

Tesco extra opened in Newry a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Tesco extra opened in Newry a few months ago.
    but it's not on the PS4 midnight launch list...

kucyk wrote: »
    but it's not on the PS4 midnight launch list...

Ah. Strange as it's a 24 hour one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Doesn't make sense that the retailers don't really know how many they are going to get and when they're going to get them, so much confusion!

• Advertisement

Asda Enniskillen & Strabane are doing a midnight launch too afaik

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement