Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deano_rich

PreOrdered my sons ps4 at the start of November in xtra vision, they told me possibility of getting it before xmas but could not guarantee it.:(
    Same night went up to Smyths and asked about pre-ordering, they told me they couldn't guarantee it before FEB:eek:!! So obviously didn't prebook there.

Now its looking like xtravision are getting stock over next couple weeks but fulfilling pre-orders of August, while now Smyths website is saying if you preordered by Nov 26th they'll have it before xmas! WTF:mad::confused:

Please keep the comments coming on places that might have it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Anyone who ordered PS4 from Amazon last week - expected delivery date 11th December get theirs from An Post yet?

Has said on the An Post tracking since Monday - on route to customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

thebiglad wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered PS4 from Amazon last week - expected delivery date 11th December get theirs from An Post yet?

Ya, mine came a day early on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Just got an email off GameStop advertising the PlayStation 4. 13/12/13 (limited stock available, ask instore for more details)

Here's a screen shot

Just got an email off GameStop advertising the PlayStation 4. 13/12/13 (limited stock available, ask instore for more details)

Here's a screen shot

Just called two local Gamestops regarding the above, they said any stock they get it is all for preorders :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Tempted by the One now at this stage. Liking the Console + FIFA deal at £449 delivered before Christmas. Never had an Xbox before though..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Djhanos

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Tempted by the One now at this stage. Liking the Console + FIFA deal at £449 delivered before Christmas. Never had an Xbox before though..

thats what people are probably doing because they cant get a ps4, IMO dont do it and wait it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

If anyone wants to ensure a console this late before Christmas,you should check out HERE .They seem to be getting a couple in stock,every few days.
    They have one Killzone and Console bundle left.I didn't order from them,but a few people on the boards did and got them no problems.A mate of mine was let down by Shopto this week on his pre-order,so I told him to try the Home and Garden Gifts site because they had a few in stock.
    So he rang them and they requested a picture of his drivers license or passport,for verification,due to the fact they were shipping it to Ireland.
    But anyway he now has secured his PS4 and it should be with him on Monday 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gunner90

bazzz wrote: »
    If anyone wants to ensure a console this late before Christmas,you should check out HERE .They seem to be getting a couple in stock,every few days.
    They have one Killzone and Console bundle left.I didn't order from them,but a few people on the boards did and got them no problems.A mate of mine was let down by Shopto this week on his pre-order,so I told him to try the Home and Garden Gifts site because they had a few in stock.
    So he rang them and they requested a picture of his drivers license or passport,for verification,due to the fact they were shipping it to Ireland.
    what are the chances of them been delivered by the end of that week if they are only guaranteed in next monday is the question!?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

Gunner90 wrote: »
    what are the chances of them been delivered by the end of that week if they are only guaranteed in next monday is the question!?

No dice for ordering now, proceeded to payment and it just said cart was empty because the are out of stock. I think you will be able to process an order on Monday instead?

Edit: Seems I was just too slow! :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

pick up the phone and ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

bazzz wrote: »
    Rang them. Just out of stock. As i was speaking to them, they just ran out. I'm top of their waiting list though apparently. They said they should be getting a few in every day. She said it takes two days to deliver. If i get one all good, if not, i can wait.

They only had the killzone bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

gep91 wrote: »
    pick up the phone and ask :)

That is the response I was going to give,simple and logical.

If anyone knows anyone living in the UK, Argos might be getting them in tomorrow,

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/12/christmas_ps4_stock_arriving_at_argos_on_13th_december_in_uk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Amazon have no more stock I got a faulty killzone bundle eject button would not work amazon will on give refund.

I haven't used the eject button since I got the console.
    I wouldn't be bothered if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Does anyone have more info on the supposed stock Smyths are getting on the 16th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

gep91 wrote: »
    didnt the ps3 come out in 2006, so build PS4 one year later....lol :pac:

[sarcasm on] I agree..... why in the name of God didn't they start building them six years ago to have enough stock [sarcasm off]

Better?? :D

Tusky wrote: »
    Does anyone know a parent that is trying to buy a PS4/Xbox One in time for Christmas but can't find one for sale?

Point me in their direction please. Thank you please.

I'm your man, do you know something we don't know?? :P please share!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Tusky wrote: »
    Does anyone know a parent that is trying to buy a PS4/Xbox One in time for Christmas but can't find one for sale?

Point me in their direction please. Thank you please.

Yeah I know plenty but I want one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

deano_rich wrote: »
    I'm your man, do you know something we don't know?? :P please share!

Me

• Advertisement

ArthurG wrote: »
    [sarcasm on] I agree..... why in the name of God didn't they start building them six years ago to have enough stock [sarcasm off]

Better?? :D

I was laughting at it, thought it was funny - not slating your comment.

is that better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

thebiglad wrote: »

Same as this but it not says it has left my local depot and is in transit. Hoping today as I'm at home but as long as it's before Xmas I'm happy and that it's works obviously...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

The Home and Garden website is a bit of a rip off! If you work it out it comes in at 535 for the killzone bundle!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

The Home and Garden website is a bit of a rip off! If you work it out it comes in at 535 for the killzone bundle!

where's that?

where's that?

HERE but they are gone I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

Yeah gone now but pricy enough

Yeah gone now but pricy enough
    They rang me there. Back in stock. Pricey enough but they will deliver by next Wednesday or Thursday.

They rang me there. Back in stock. Pricey enough but they will deliver by next Wednesday or Thursday.
    Is that to ireland guaranteed..???

There gone again!!!

• Advertisement

Is that to ireland guaranteed..???
    Yep, its fcuking 30 quid for delivery, but its insured and all that. Dont really know if that makes a difference, but there ya go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement