Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yep, its fcuking 30 quid for delivery, but its insured and all that. Dont really know if that makes a difference, but there ya go.

Could use Parcel Motel for UK delivery if it's much cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Gunner90 wrote: »
    There gone again!!!
    Ring them on the number on the website. They put my name on a list to ring whenever they got stock in. That was today before lunch.

They rang me back about half and hour ago and had them in stock.

DaLad wrote: »
    Could use Parcel Motel for UK delivery if it's much cheaper?
    Never used it before and for my first package I'd be afraid I'd seriously fcuk it up.

Never used it before and for my first package I'd be afraid I'd seriously fcuk it up.

Lol nah Parcel Motel is brilliant! I'd highly recommend it! Could send you a referral link too which gives you a free gift and me a free stay ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Looking at the prices on ebay, they werent that bad

• Advertisement

DaLad wrote: »
    Lol nah Parcel Motel is brilliant! I'd highly recommend it! Could send you a referral link too which gives you a free gift and me a free stay ;)
    Ah tis grand thanks. I have an account, just never used it. Cheers! :D

Ah tis grand thanks. I have an account, just never used it. Cheers! :D

haha worth a shot :p but seriously it's a great service. Have used it for computer components myself plenty of times. Probably arrives quicker than it would normally. The day it arrives in the N.I depot it will be in your parcel motel that night or early next morning even on Saturdays (and Sundays in some parts).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spagball1

I have it on good authority that Argos will have stock some time next week...keep your eye out, be patient & good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Osiris Eire

Managed to get one from Home & Garden Gifts Online so cheers for posting it up!

Bit on the steep side... I paid through PayPal and it worked out at €550 :(. At least I'm guaranteed one for Christmas!

On the plus side, it's not extra money going to the scalpers who purposefully snapped up consoles in order to charge through the teeth...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Same as this but it not says it has left my local depot and is in transit. Hoping today as I'm at home but as long as it's before Xmas I'm happy and that it's works obviously...
    thebiglad wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered PS4 from Amazon last week - expected delivery date 11th December get theirs from An Post yet?

Has said on the An Post tracking since Monday - on route to customer.

Lads, I ordered mine on the 5th and it was estimated for the 11th.

Tracking said it was received on the 9th to Dublin Mail Centre. Still no change this morning as it still said "in transit/on route to customer" so I rang an post customer services. Press 5 to get to an operator. I explained the situation and he was incredibly helpful. After 5 mins he said he'd ring me back as he had to make a few calls.

he rang back about 10mins later saying they had located the package and will try and get it out that morning/afternoon or at least the following day.

It was at my office by lunchtime.

Definitely worth ringing them, they have a backlog but if you're nice on the phone then they will prob help you out. They close at 5 or 5.30pm so if you ring now you'll have a chance for delivery in the morning.

Big thanks to all those who helped out with links particularly the Amazon ones. Good luck to all those still looking, hope you all get sorted in time
    T

• Advertisement

Managed to get one from Home & Garden Gifts Online so cheers for posting it up!

Bit on the steep side... I paid through PayPal and it worked out at €550 :(. At least I'm guaranteed one for Christmas!

On the plus side, it's not extra money going to the scalpers who purposefully snapped up consoles in order to charge through the teeth...
    Same here, i have a Vita as well, so I'm hankering to get it set up with that too. I'm not a big Christmas fan, so I'll have it to keep me distracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

Ordered mine off argos uk there, killzone bundle works out at 480 eur using parcel motel to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Ordered mine off argos uk there, killzone bundle works out at 480 eur using parcel motel to deliver

They all say not available for home delivery....?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JordanW5497

Does anyone have more info on the supposed stock Smyths are getting on the 16th?
    Eventually got through to to the Smyths on the Fonthill were I have my pre-order. Told me I'll get a text to pick up my pre-order tomorrow. They might be giving me the run around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

If you're still after a PS4 I'd give Brown Thomas In Dublin a ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

How does one go about that?

I just checked http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/argos-reserve-ps4 they said one of the stores had one so I chanced me arm and got it

Getting delivered on the 17th supposedly, guess I was just quick off the mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Getting delivered on the 17th supposedly, guess I was just quick off the mark

how do you get it to go for home delivery to parcel motel?

I just checked http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/argos-reserve-ps4 they said one of the stores had one so I chanced me arm and got it

Do you have to tell Parcelmotel before you order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I got one from Argos UK too, using parcel motel. God I hope everything works out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

EdK wrote: »

still in stock go for it lads, set up address with parcel motel on website

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

yep back in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I told them nothing, I dont know much about using them tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

Just ordered off Argos.co.uk through ParcelMotel myself, the killzone bundle for 480 is'nt so bad.

Have used parcelmotel a few times, their an excellent service, never missed a parcel yet although I would imagine this one is probably oversized so you'll have to collect it from their depot in Finglas. I would'nt worry about it not arriving though.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

I told them nothing, I dont know much about using them tho.

make sure you have address and include whatever number your assigned

Got Killzone bundle and Ghosts for €540 how much do Parcel Motel usually charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Eventually got through to to the Smyths on the Fonthill were I have my pre-order. Told me I'll get a text to pick up my pre-order tomorrow. They might be giving me the run around though.

Did you get to pick a bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Got Killzone bundle and Ghosts for €540 how much do Parcel Motel usually charge?

€3.50 per stay in the 'Parcel Motel'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Looks like Argos.co.uk will deliver now even though it says home delivery not available. I wonder was it this way the whole time? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement