Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

EdK wrote: »
    Got Killzone bundle and Ghosts for €540 how much do Parcel Motel usually charge?

3.50 euro per delivery I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

bombs away wrote: »
    3.50 euro per delivery I think

Nice,bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

Happy days lads look like a few of us are picking up some consoles through this!

I didn't have to inform parcel motel just use the address and individual number they give you. I'm guessing it goes to their N.Ireland address you use then they ship it down to the first location you selected! First time user here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I hope this works out now, am shocking nervous lol. It looks like its gone for home deliver from the website now

Happy days lads look like a few of us are picking up some consoles through this!

I didn't have to inform parcel motel just use the address and individual number they give you. I'm guessing it goes to their N.Ireland address you use then they ship it down to the first location you selected! First time user here!

Nice one now we pray we don't get duds ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

Shop in swords selling the killzone mega bundle for 590

that's pretty much it, you get an individual id number which you include with the northern ireland address so they know it's you, it's basically a big warehouse up there.

Then it's shipped down to the parcelmotel of your choice here in the republic although as I said because this package is probably very large you will have to pick it up from the depot in Finglas.

Very handy service in my opinion, I save a bucket load on UK orders

I'm presuming they have depots elsewhere for those not in Dublin haha

EdK wrote: »
    I'm presuming they have depots elsewhere for those not in Dublin haha

I did some reading they are a sub company of Nightline and so you can pick up from one of their depots for an additional charge. (7 euro I think) or have it delivered out to your door by Nightline for an additional charge. (17 or so)

They send you a text when it arrives so as long as you pick it up within 24 hours I don't think they charge you any more, if they have to hold onto it for longer than that there is a charge for every day extra.

At least that's how it worked for other packages I've received from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Southy

Hi I'm trying to buy a ps4 through Argos uk with delivery through parcel motel. Problem I'm having is Argos uk won't process my payment on my Visa card coz I'm not including a postcode on the cardholder address section. Anyone know how to get over this.?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

bombs away wrote: »
    that's pretty much it, you get an individual id number which you include with the northern ireland address so they know it's you, it's basically a big warehouse up there.

Then it's shipped down to the parcelmotel of your choice here in the republic although as I said because this package is probably very large you will have to pick it up from the depot in Finglas.

Very handy service in my opinion, I save a bucket load on UK orders

Cool I live in Finglas so WINNING! Lets hope it all works out well now! Will report next week when transaction is completed hopefully!

Southy wrote: »
    Hi I'm trying to buy a ps4 through Argos uk with delivery through parcel motel. Problem I'm having is Argos uk won't process my payment on my Visa card coz I'm not including a postcode on the cardholder address section. Anyone know how to get over this.?
    Thanks

Paypal it wouldn't except mine either,slightly more expensive but still

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Thanks

EXACT same problem. I'm so close :eek:

Thanks

I threw in my proper address and then Parcel Motels post code. I don't think it'll matter all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭damoPL

PS4 section on Power City website gone?

Paid via paypal, and all processed fine.

So pleased I can now get back to normal life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NaikenG

How do I enter the delivery address for the Argos.co.uk? Says home delivery is not available so not sure what to do? Did ye have this issue?

Tried that didn't go through the first time. It was actually my bank that blocked the transaction not Argos. Just got a call there now checking the payment was genuine. Gone through now, hopefully all goes well now getting my PS4 through parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

What did the Argos UK site say delivery would be? (time wise)

• Advertisement

Delivered on the 17th to Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madamab

Do you have to choose a shop on the argos site? the uk site I mean?

Dec 17th too

madamab wrote: »
    Do you have to choose a shop on the argos site? the uk site I mean?

Click this link:

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/argos-reserve-ps4

Click on the map, where '1 in stock' is highlighted. Then click reserve, and follow from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

On Argos UK Im getting 'this item is currently out of stock for home delivery'
    Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Is it just the killzone bundle available from Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NaikenG

I had the same dude, which package did you chose? I tried the one with the controller and extra camera + Killzone, but it didnt work, then I tried just the bundle with Killzone on its own and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Did anyone try BT's after my earlier post?! They rang me to offer me a ps4 two times. I've managed get one already but they've got more in.

I have the 17th delivery date for mine although I'd probably allow an extra day for parcelmotel to deliver it down south.

For those having issues with the address, use the northern irish address for both your billing and delivery addresses irrespective of your address here in the republic, the address up north functions as your home address for the purpose of the transaction so that includes the northern irish postal code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Edgeu11

Got it through Parcel Motel from argos.co.uk. Got a confirmation email and phone call. Will be delivered to Parcel Motel on the 17th. Delighted! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement