Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

Brown Thomas in Dublin said they're sold out and won't have any until after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Barlett wrote: »
    Brown Thomas in Dublin said they're sold out and won't have any until after Christmas

Strange, they rang me 2 times at around 4pm, they must be holding them for people who had contacted them beforehand or they've already gone since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

Yeah most likely...decent call though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 X 38 X 64 cm so I'm pretty sure even the gamer pack PS4 will fit in one of their different size lockers. The Killzone pack definitely will!

For someone asking where the Parcel Motels are located, they're located all around the country in different towns. You can see all the locations HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

I was hoping a few people on here would get one. I must say great customer service from BT I was impressed, if I still needed one they would've made my Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 NaikenG

December 17th too :) -

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

who calls you? i gave a random english phone number on argos

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Osiris Eire

Yeah I rang BT and then popped in earlier... Was going to cancel my Home & Garden order if they had them in.

They said they didn't have any but was clear from their reaction that they did have some in stock. They told me some 200 people were on a list though so my guess is they're working through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

I went for the argos killzone bundle. Paid through paypal and the payment status is "pending". I got an email from argos saying

"Thanks for shopping at Argos.co.uk onThursday 12 December 2013. We've sent you this email as an acknowledgement of your order, which we'll now check."

then underneath that it says "The following item(s) were not purchased

PS4 500GB Console with Killzone Shadow Fall Game. 144/7947 Out of stock"

so im a bit confused, did it go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

mailrewop wrote: »
    I went for the argos killzone bundle. Paid through paypal and the payment status is "pending". I got an email from argos saying

"Thanks for shopping at Argos.co.uk onThursday 12 December 2013. We've sent you this email as an acknowledgement of your order, which we'll now check."

then underneath that it says "The following item(s) were not purchased

PS4 500GB Console with Killzone Shadow Fall Game. 144/7947 Out of stock"

so im a bit confused, did it go through.

I got a similar email but it doesn't say it's out of stock on my email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

I got a similar email but it doesn't say it's out of stock on my email.

its still available to buy when i go back onto the site, so since the money is already pending from my paypal I dont want to order again in case it has gone through and I end up buying 2. I'll just contact argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

who calls you? i gave a random english phone number on argos

Might have been a good idea to put in a real phone number in-case they had delivery issues or anything, But i'm sure it will be grand

mailrewop wrote: »
    its still available to buy when i go back onto the site, so since the money is already pending from my paypal I dont want to order again in case it has gone through and I end up buying 2. I'll just contact argos.

That would be best

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Looking to put one through the Argos uk site now, anyone receive any voucher codes there are not using :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

I saw someone buying one in Harvey Normans limerick today, was in a rush out so couldn't ask if it was a pre order or if they had them to sell.. Might be worth givin them a ring..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

EdK wrote: »
    Might have been a good idea to put in a real phone number in-case they had delivery issues or anything, But i'm sure it will be grand

parcel motel are very reliable anyway hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

Just got a call from Brown Thomas they have FIFA bundle going on sale tomorrow.

Reason they rang was because I was on list from last shipment they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

mac1961 wrote: »
    Just got a call from Brown Thomas they have FIFA bundle going on sale tomorrow

to the general public or to people who have already pre ordered with them?

I would say they are ringing people they have on list, but I would ring them because I got one yesterday from Power City so didnt want one.
    cost id E438

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

I would say they are ringing people they have on list, but I would ring them because I got one yesterday from Power City so didnt want one.
    cost id E438

im not on their ring list but i might be cheeky and call in before work tomorrow!

thanks for the tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Brown Thomas in Dublin just called me too saying they have stock in and will be going on sale tomorrow morning at 9am.

Had my name down but no deposit or anything so I'd say general sale. I doubt there's a list id say it's first come

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

tmc86 wrote: »
    Brown Thomas in Dublin just called me too saying they have stock in and will be going on sale tomorrow morning at 9am.

Had my name down but no deposit or anything so I'd say general sale. I doubt there's a list id say it's first come

how much are they in brown thomas? 400 euro?

438 FIFA bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Which Brown Thomas store is this on in?

How much was it in total for people to buy from Argos UK?

How much was it in total for people to buy from Argos UK?

470 for the Killzone Bundle for me

470 for the Killzone Bundle for me

Not too bad I suppose. Might get that if I get any more desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just got a call from Brown Thomas they have FIFA bundle going on sale tomorrow.

Reason they rang was because I was on list from last shipment they had.

Ditto got the same call, 9am sale on 1st come basis. Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Tried to order one through Argos.co.uk at about 7pm but was out of stock before my order went through.

Great to see a lot of people getting sorted over the last two days, it's giving the rest of us some hope.

Keep letting us know where there's stock as some of us are still looking

• Advertisement

The last time Brown Thomas had shipment was in the Dublin and Cork stores only.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement