Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

BT Dublin will have walkin consoles from 9am tomorrow.

I know this as I was on the callback list and got a call tonight at 8pmish to tell me the above info.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

BT Dublin will have walkin consoles from 9pm tomorrow.

I know this as I was on the callback list and got a call tonight at 8pmish to tell me the above info.

I take it you me 9am rather than 9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I take it you me 9am rather than 9pm?

Aye.Changed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gonna be weird queuing outside BT tomorrow morning, if anyone asks we are queuing for shoes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Good luck RB, if anyone deserves one at this stage, it's you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Osiris Eire

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGamesxw8crpg6mp/PlayStation-4-Console--PLAYER-EDITION-MegaPack-Bundle-

Showing 24 mega bundles in stock, not sure what they're like but it came up on the stock informer site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Gonna be weird queuing outside BT tomorrow morning, if anyone asks we are queuing for shoes. ;)

hope you get it mate, no one deserves it more than you, especially with all the hassle going on with your family. hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

Has anyone got an idea how many units Brown Thomas will have? I can't make it tomorrow to queue and I'm wondering if I should ask someone to do it for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

slongwill wrote: »
    Has anyone got an idea how many units Brown Thomas will have? I can't make it tomorrow to queue and I'm wondering if I should ask someone to do it for me...

I have heard they have 100 from calling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Another hour wasted checking Argos tonight.
    I now have a bad dose of F5itus in my left index finger

After seeing resogun on my mates PS4, I now regret selling mine. Am very tempted to get an Xbox one now as I have no console at the moment and do like some of the Xbox exclusives. What worries me is how the cross platform games will perform given the fact the PS4 on paper has almost twice the gpu power and I don't need a Kinect.

• Advertisement

Flaccus wrote: »

After seeing resogun on my mates PS4, I now regret selling mine. Am very tempted to get an Xbox one now as I have no console at the moment and do like some of the Xbox exclusives. What worries me is how the cross platform games will perform given the fact the PS4 on paper has almost twice the gpu power and I don't need a Kinect.

Could you not just wait til jan-feb to get a PS4 when there's walk-ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If I wasnt so busy I would love to introduce a feature to the checkargos android app that checks stock in a certain store every 5 minutes and notifies you when available, but I definitly wont get a chance to do it this side of Christmas, then people probably wont have any interest in it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

It'll be so last year, so many others will be so far ahead of you that they won't play with you, won't teach you and won't tolerate you.

It is serious stuff, as far as it goes. It's massively more than just having a PS4. Mind you, if you just wanted one yourself and you only ever intended to play with yourself, than your advise is sound, but I submit that 99% of players won't be satisfied with that.

Probably will...it's just I would have liked to have done some serious gaming over the 2 weeks I am off during Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Probably will...it's just I would have liked to have done some serious gaming over the 2 weeks I am off during Christmas.

Do you mind me asking why you sold the one you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cinnabon

Hi All, I'm following this thread for last couple of days as I'm hoping to buy PS4 for my husband for Christmas. Would you know what will be the price of PS4 in Brown Thomas? I'm not sure if I'll manage to join the queue since I'm almost 8 months pregnant, but would love to surprise him with this gift as he really deserves it!

cinnabon wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm following this thread for last couple of days as I'm hoping to buy PS4 for my husband for Christmas. Would you know what will be the price of PS4 in Brown Thomas? I'm not sure if I'll manage to join the queue since I'm almost 8 months pregnant, but would love to surprise him with this gift as he really deserves it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87974343&postcount=2781

cinnabon wrote: »

400 euro I believe with 440 euro being for one of the bundles.

Do you mind me asking why you sold the one you got?

Impulse buy....shop happened to have one available....had been mulling over getting one or not after reading the launch line up was not so good...but the fact the shop had just one left swung me over. Then I saw how desperate people were to get one for Christmas so sold it on here for what I paid without even opening it. Thought nothing of it until the other day when I called around to a friends house and saw resogun and black flag. Very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Impulse buy....shop happened to have one available....had been mulling over getting one or not after reading the launch line up was not so good...but the fact the shop had just one left swung me over. Then I saw how desperate people were to get one for Christmas so sold it on here for what I paid without even opening it. Thought nothing of it until the other day when I called around to a friends house and saw resogun and black flag. Very impressed.

Fair play to you, that's very decent thing you did! IMHO it'll be worth waiting for, hopefully for just a little bit. In the long term I think it'll be the console to have!
    My cousin has one too, it's mighty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You can get the PS4 right now in stock on Amazon.com HERE

Be quick, might sell out. If you get an error message, refresh!

With the AmazonGlobal Priority shipping it's Guaranteed delivered by 17th December if ordered within the next 22 hours.

It includes the VAT already as far as I'm aware which is down under Import fees deposit. Works out at a total of €394.67 with the priority shipping! Cheaper than to buy it in Ireland if it WERE in stock!

Pu5BqI5.png

Do you need to have a parcel motel account for them to deliver here ?

DaLad wrote: »
    You can get the PS4 right now in stock on Amazon.com HERE

Be quick, might sell out. If you get an error message, refresh!

With the AmazonGlobal Priority shipping it's Guaranteed delivered by 17th December if ordered within the next 22 hours.

It includes the VAT already as far as I'm aware which is down under Import fees deposit. Works out at a total of €394.67 with the priority shipping! Cheaper than to buy it in Ireland if it WERE in stock!

Pu5BqI5.png

clicked the link and then by the time i logged in it looks like theyre gone!

Also, is that the U.S. Amazon doesn't that mean you have zero warranty as it's from outside Europe ?

Also, is that the U.S. Amazon doesn't that mean you have zero warranty as it's from outside Europe ?

Yeah I'd wonder that too.

Do you need to have a parcel motel account for them to deliver here ?

Nope that was to my Irish address.
    slongwill wrote: »
    clicked the link and then by the time i logged in it looks like theyre gone!

Damnnn that was quick!

Just to show you guys I wasn't lying lol. THIS is where I seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 marty-murt

If BT are getting stock in tomorrow will tesco and argos be also getting stock in?
    I'm considering queuing without a reservation code at BT but I was there on Saturday and they told me the waiting list had over 150 people on it

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I would say bt have none for general sale tomorrow. All pre booked imo. Hope people that go early get one but I can't see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 rayken

no it walk in, first come first serve basis, BT tweeted it on their twitter account two hours ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement