Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Guys just a quick one. Managed to snag one of the bundles that popped up on amazon last week. The order status says it's been in ballymount since the 9th. Will it definitely arrive via post before Xmas or will I have to go and collect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DaLad wrote: »
    You can get the PS4 right now in stock on Amazon.com HERE

Be quick, might sell out. If you get an error message, refresh!

With the AmazonGlobal Priority shipping it's Guaranteed delivered by 17th December if ordered within the next 22 hours.

It includes the VAT already as far as I'm aware which is down under Import fees deposit. Works out at a total of €394.67 with the priority shipping! Cheaper than to buy it in Ireland if it WERE in stock!

Pu5BqI5.png
    Just remember if it breaks or it is defective when you get it Sony will have nothing to do with it as you got it from another region, plus add between 50-100 euro on that with customs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Xenji wrote: »
    Just remember if it breaks or it is defective when you get it Sony will have nothing to do with it as you got it from another region, plus add between 50-100 euro on that with customs

That price includes custom duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Yeah no offence but too much risk in getting US version for me,customs warranties and all that good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

No, like I said the import fees were added already. It included the VAT rate for Ireland when you clicked on the import fees in my basket when I had it there. Doesn't matter now as it's sold. Why don't Sony let you just register your PS4 and use it as normal like you bought it in Ireland? Apart from the different plug, they're meant to be region free aren't they. I know this is games but you'd think it would apply to the console itself too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

No, like I said the import fees were added already. It included the VAT rate for Ireland when you clicked on the import fees in my basket when I had it there. Doesn't matter now as it's sold. Why don't Sony let you just register your PS4 and use it as normal like you bought it in Ireland? Apart from the different plug, they're meant to be region free aren't they. I know this is games but you'd think it would apply to the console itself too.

Your warranty is most likely restricted to the US. Just hope it works out fine. Most of the consoles do. Worst case scenario you pay for a repair within the warranty period yourself.

EdK wrote: »
    Yeah no offence but too much risk in getting US version for me,customs warranties and all that good stuff

Lol no offence taken. I was just informing people of an option! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The PS4 has no international warranty, the PS3 was the same, so if it breaks when in another country you are screwed basically, the console is region free but they are keeping the warranty stance.

The fees may have already been added, but they are just a estimate, you could end up paying more money on top of that when it is delivered to your door, I know of a few people who have been stung by it.
    The Import Fees Deposit is an estimation of the taxes and duties that may apply and isn't an actual calculation. Customs regulations and tax rates applicable to certain goods may change between the date the taxes and duties were estimated and the applicable taxes and duties on the date of import into the destination country. The duty or tax rate is often determined by the classification of a good, which varies by country and region.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201117970

The fees may have already been added, but they are just a estimate, you could end up paying more money on top of that when it is delivered to your door, I know of a few people who have been stung by it.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201117970

23% of €320.87 is €73.80 = €394.67 which is the price you'd pay Amazon. Seems pretty accurate to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

rayken wrote: »
    no it walk in, first come first serve basis, BT tweeted it on their twitter account two hours ago

We'll see here tomorrow how people get on. I am a cynical fecker but I've a feeling they're trying to get people in the shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 KennyPeace

Rang Gamestop earlier today and they told me they are getting more in than they originally thought. They should have some for walk ins on Christmas eve

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JJZULUAGA

Which game stop it was that one I just pre booked late November and the told me that I am in the list for anytime on January they don't know exactly yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KennyPeace

Mahon Point. My buddy knows one of the girls working at Patricks street and apparently they are now along the same status(but he is prone to chatting crap for the sake of it tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Just at BT in Dublin now about 12 in the que, people have been told there's about 30 for sale so hopefully we all get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 StephenW9

Does anybody know when Argos will get their 2nd batch of stock in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Good luck at BT this morning lads

Argos are supposed to be getting more the week of the 16th but not sure if that's 100% accurate! (Ashbourne Argos told me that)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

disco girl wrote: »
    Good luck at BT this morning lads

Argos are supposed to be getting more the week of the 16th but not sure if that's 100% accurate! (Ashbourne Argos told me that)

No one can queue up for me this morning, although someone can go in at lunch time. Will somebody update here if they sell out? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

slongwill wrote: »
    No one can queue up for me this morning, although someone can go in at lunch time. Will somebody update here if they sell out? Thanks

If there is a queue of 12 at 7.10am there is no doubt they will be sold out by 9.15. Gutted I can't get into BT Cork myself :( stuck in work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Passed by BT Dublin around 15 minutes ago, around 20 people. So strange to see a queue for a product after release day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Is anyone queueing at BT Cork or know if they are getting any / many?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 rayken

don't know about bt cork but just rang limerick and they said they not selling any this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Outside BT since 6. I was 6 in queue at that time. About 20 or so now and 30 consoles available. Crowd control on place inside to stop the rushing/pushing etc. Not sure if console only or packages. Will update In 25in God willing!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

Going quick

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

I had one of these in my basket but it seems
    a) They don't deliver over £350 outside of the UK and the billing address needs to be the same as delivery address so no chance of parcel motel (unless missing something).
    b) They seem to be selling a preorder for 2014 rather than selling the actual unit ... so seems a bit dodgy.

Anyone with a UK address available to them should jump on it I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

No PS4s in the Cork Brown Thomas this morning. Manager told me just Dublin branch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

I'm BT now. Killzone bundle for 440. Huge queues. 24 left.

johnwd wrote: »
    a) They don't deliver over £350 outside of the UK and the billing address needs to be the same as delivery address so no chance of parcel motel (unless missing something).
    b) They seem to be selling a preorder for 2014 rather than selling the actual unit ... so seems a bit dodgy.

Thats sucks man, just seen it there so thought I'd share it!

johnwd wrote: »

Just went to process an order there and there is a checkbox which says: Billing Address is the same as Shipping Address

Just uncheck this when paying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Guys just a quick one. Managed to snag one of the bundles that popped up on amazon last week. The order status says it's been in ballymount since the 9th. Will it definitely arrive via post before Xmas or will I have to go and collect it?

I had one delivered yesterday by An Post - was in Ballymount from 9th too (was due for delivery from 11th) - guess they are busy but it will be delivered.

People have collected them from Ballymount so call CS - either its out for delivery today or you can head up and collect it so you have it for the weekend.

If its for xmas then wait and it will deliver.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement