Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Whenever I try to turn it on, the power indicator just keeps flashing. The power supply and HDMI are fine, so must be an issue with the system itself.
    At least they'll replace it quickly though! For the moment I've just got a €400 paperweight and a lovely new controller for the PC!

Hard-drive is loose is the most likely issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

EdK wrote: »
    Ok guys just picked up a PS4 in Tesco in Douglas,Cork. Thing is I have one Killzone bundle ordered from Argos UK which cost me €545 with Ghosts and shipping if I deduct the retail price of Ghosts of €65 that leaves it at €480 call it €500 maybe,any takers? Not looking to profit just looking to make money back really. Due in hand next Wednesday or Thursday.

PM me

Ideally someone local because I don't really want to ship it and such

Happy days!!
    So your order went through with Argos after?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Happy days!!
    So your order went through with Argos after?

Yeah tried to cancel but too far gone! So looking to help out another gamer or boardsie now

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Hey guys,

I'm due to get a power city delivery tomorrow, what time did you get a call/text to tell you about delivery, just worried cos its approaching COB time!

Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 12 biff_tannen

Hi. First time posting but I've been following this thread for about 3 weeks.

Did anyone hear anything from Game Stop today regarding those bundles listed in the email that went about yesterday? It said "Bundle for only 439.99 out 13/12/13. Limited Stock" etc.

But did these arrive in. Are they being divided out? Just curious.

• Advertisement

Typical too I was in same Tesco yesterday and they said no more before Xmas,walk in today and they are on the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hi. First time posting walking ve been following this thread for about 3 weeks.

Did anyone hear anything from Game Stop today regarding those bundles listed in the email that went about yesterday? It said "Bundle for only 439.99 out 13/12/13. Limited Stock" etc.

But did these arrive in. Are they being divided out? Just curious.

They were just for people waiting on pre orders not walk in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 biff_tannen

Xenji wrote: »
    They were just for people waiting on pre orders not walk in stock.

Hey Xenji.

I'm waiting on preorder - not as long as some, but was hopeful some people are getting cleared out off the list today. But I've heard no one mentioning getting called today from them. My guess is the batch they mentioned yesterday in that email never materialised. I was holding out a sliver of hope that I might have been included.

Unlikely as that is....

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Yeah tried to cancel but too far gone! So looking to help out another gamer or boardsie now
    jArgHA is in Cork and has helped a few boardsies out with codes etc he's still looking for one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 niallmaher

Fed up doing the argos checks. Fed up asking in shops.

If it shows up again on amazon ill order but thats its.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Argh rang Tesco Douglas, had 1 left but 4 or 5 people had rang before me. First come first served. This is really showing XtraVision is a shambles. They are popping up everywhere except Xv. And the staff haven't a clue in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

I got the Killzone bundle in BT this morning. Thanks so much to the people here who told me about it. So happy!

disco girl wrote: »
    jArgHA is in Cork and has helped a few boardsies out with codes etc he's still looking for one :D

Cool,if he contacts me and wants it at that price no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Cool,if he contacts me and wants it at that price no problem

thx for the heads up, I have a One 4 All voucher for 100e burning a hole in my pocket though that I've been waiting to use on PS4 purchase from Argos / Smyths etc. though so I'm going to hold out for now.

Incidentally does anyone know if Argos UK accept One4All vouchers or are they just an Irish thing..?

jArgHA wrote: »
    thx for the heads up, I have a One 4 All voucher for 100e burning a hole in my pocket though that I've been waiting to use on PS4 purchase from Argos / Smyths etc. though so I'm going to hold out for now.

Incidentally does anyone know if Argos UK accept One4All vouchers or are they just an Irish thing..?

No problem bud,hope you get one,option still open to anyone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Every time I go to it, says only for collection, not available for delivery, am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunnerkenny

jArgHA wrote: »

No One4All is an Irish thing and quite frankly they should change the name of the voucher to One4Some because the amount of retailers that do not take them is shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Every time I go to it, says only for collection, not available for delivery, am I doing something wrong?

I've put in the Parcel Motel postcode (BT364PE) and clicked the delivery tab. It says delivery is available there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

I've put in the Parcel Motel postcode (BT364PE) and clicked the delivery tab. It says delivery is available there.
    Ah, thats top class, just ordered 1 there via parcel motel. Hope it all works out as kids will be over the moon.
    Thanks all for all the tips n tricks etc. on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Hi Guys,

John Lewis have emailed me letting me know they have the Killzone bundles back in stock as of today. They sell the bundles with 1 additional game. They mentioned it would take a day or 2 before the new stock appears on their system but It would definitely be worth ringing them or emailing them in order to get one now if anyone is still looking. Good luck.

Thanks a million, finally got it, had to try it a few times to work though, very weird!!

Don't want killzone though so will be looking to trade in, anyone know where gives best price for it??

I'm assuming we're covered if the ps4 is broke on delivery?

Thanks a million, finally got it, had to try it a few times to work though, very weird!!

Don't want killzone though so will be looking to trade in, anyone know where gives best price for it??

I'm assuming we're covered if the ps4 is broke on delivery?

The killzone it comes with is marked not for resale don't know if this will hurt a tradein

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I kinda got a rush of blood there and ordered one delivered to the homeplace in Ireland, and used your postcode above. I changed the country to Ireland, although that doesnt show in the email receipt. Any idea what'll happen now?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I kinda got a rush of blood there and ordered one delivered to the homeplace in Ireland, and used your postcode above. I changed the country to Ireland, although that doesnt show in the email receipt. Any idea what'll happen now?

You probably won't get a ps4

The killzone it comes with is marked not for resale don't know if this will hurt a tradein

I thought I read on one of the ps4 threads here of people trading it in even though it was the game from the bundle, can't find the page now, hopefully can get rid of it quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Email them requesting a change of address.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

I thought I read on one of the ps4 threads here of people trading it in even though it was the game from the bundle, can't find the page now, hopefully can get rid of it quick enough

Sell it on adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

You probably won't get a ps4

Yeah. You should put the NI address in, as if it's your main address and then Parcel Motel will take care of the delivery to the nearest outlet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement