Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

Anyone got any stores in which I've a good chance of getting one soon? Willing to travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Has anyone who pre-ordered the console by itself on Amazon while they were out of stock in the past week or two been given an estimated delivery date yet?

And will it be a waste of time to go to Smyths in Blanchardstown for 9am on Monday morning to try and get one? Or will they just be held to satisfy pre-orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rooster8ooster

Brilliant, finally have one booked after weeks of argos.ie stock checker madness, signed up to say thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

DaLad wrote: »
    Email them requesting a change of address.
    Yeah. You should put the NI address in, as if it's your main address and then Parcel Motel will take care of the delivery to the nearest outlet.

Thanks guys, i'll request the change of address to parcel motel. Any idea what they would charge for delivery to Dublin, and do I need to set up an a/c with them?

Has anyone who pre-ordered the console by itself on Amazon while they were out of stock in the past week or two been given an estimated delivery date yet?

And will it be a waste of time to go to Smyths in Blanchardstown for 9am on Monday morning to try and get one? Or will they just be held to satisfy pre-orders?

I would like to know the same have a pre order in..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Thanks guys, i'll request the change of address to parcel motel. Any idea what they would charge for delivery to Dublin, and do I need to set up an a/c with them?

Yes, you'll need an account with them, and it will cost about 3.50. You need to give your Parcel Motel number in your Argos order so that PM know who exactly the package is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Yes, you'll need an account with them, and it will cost about 3.50. You need to give your Parcel Motel number in your Argos order so that PM know who exactly the package is for.

Should be all sorted. Thanks for your help and especially for the original link, i'm delighted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

marvsins wrote: »
    Argh rang Tesco Douglas, had 1 left but 4 or 5 people had rang before me. First come first served. This is really showing XtraVision is a shambles. They are popping up everywhere except Xv. And the staff haven't a clue in there.

Xtra vision stores should have consoles for pre order customers tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Told ya we'd have some left over. Had 5 spare knack's. A woman drove all the way from waterford and nearly cried when I gave her the last one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Should be all sorted. Thanks for your help and especially for the original link, i'm delighted.

You're very welcome. The original link was posted by another member a few pages back.

I didn't order one because the full price was just above my price limit. Just refreshed it until they were sold out again.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Those game bundles are gouging at its finest

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭damoPL

That's strange because I rang them today and they said they haven't got a notion of when more stock is due in. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Did you get that info from higher up the chain in Xtravision? All I was told was that stores "should be getting more stock to fulfill pre-orders,but they don't know exactly when or how many".

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

Smartspot have some available tomorrow. First come, first served

https://www.facebook.com/SmartSpotStores/posts/525986424163748:0

"News, News,News !
    We'll have PlayStation4 available in all stores from tomorrow morning. It's a limited amount. We cannot hold any!

Our Stores open at the following times:
    5 Trimgate Street Navan 9am
    Fairgreen SC Carlow 9am
    Level 1 The Square Tallaght 9am

First come first served, only one per customer. No deposits, no promises! Very limited stock, we can't hold any for anybody so please don't ask. Some stores have previously opened a little earlier because of the queue."

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

damoPL wrote: »
    That's strange because I rang them today and they said they haven't got a notion of when more stock is due in. :confused:

Same in my local. I spoke to the manager wednesday evening and he hasn't a clue when they are getting stock in. If I don't get a call over the weekend hopefully have luck in smyths monday morning, if rumours are true :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JordanW5497

marvsins wrote: »
    Same in my local. I spoke to the manager wednesday evening and he hasn't a clue when they are getting stock in. If I don't get a call over the weekend hopefully have luck in smyths monday morning, if rumours are true :confused:
    Smyths said they will definitely have some Saturday or Monday. I asked was she certain and she said yes, was going to get one shipped otherwise. Hopefully they get delivery tomorrow and not Monday, think its just pre-orders though and they said they were getting 100. This is one on Fonthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mick1993

Hi everybody,

I've been reading through this thread for a few weeks now, and last weekend I decided to put in a pre-order on Amazon. I didn't go for a bundle, but rather the console by itself. Can anyone else who maybe pre-ordered theirs before me on Amazon be able to tell me if they've been given an estimated delivery date, and if so, what date did you place your order? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Smyths said they will definitely have some Saturday or Monday. I asked was she certain and she said yes, was going to get one shipped otherwise. Hopefully they get delivery tomorrow and not Monday, think its just pre-orders though and they said they were getting 100. This is one on Fonthill.

Ya i think Smyths will get them but some stores seem to have the pre-orders sorted, whilst others still have huge numbers to fill. Smyths in Cork are saying they don't know if they will even sort current pre-orders !!
    All this would nearly turn me to prayer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭damoPL

Okay, again this is strange but I also rang Smyths Fonthill and was told that there is a delivery due in Thursday.... Was also told that there will definitely be a number of consoles up for general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Mick1993 wrote: »
    Hi everybody,

I've been reading through this thread for a few weeks now, and last weekend I decided to put in a pre-order on Amazon. I didn't go for a bundle, but rather the console by itself. Can anyone else who maybe pre-ordered theirs before me on Amazon be able to tell me if they've been given an estimated delivery date, and if so, what date did you place your order? Thanks in advance!

Hi Mick, Its unlikely in my opinion you`ll get one from Amazon before Xmas on your preorder. They have new stock coming in but they just put it on general sale on a first come first served basis. A lot of places seem to be getting fresh stock now so I think it will be a lot easier to pick them up in store in the next week or so.

damoPL wrote: »
    Okay, again this is strange but I also rang Smyths Fonthill and was told that there is a delivery due in Thursday.... Was also told that there will definitely be a number of consoles up for general sale.
    Yeah, they're *****. They got some in on Thursday, not many though, my mate got his pre-order even though I pre-ordered a month before him. Rang when I got home and a women told me they have 100 tomorrow or Monday, wouldn't trust those ***** though. Pre-ordered October 9th, mate pre-ordered November 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Telco direct have stock right now

Console for £349

Bundle with killzone £385

Saw Letterkenny had a ps4 killzone bundle in stock, gone now though, worth keeping an eye on argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Limerick, Monaghan and Letterkenny Argos had a few in the past hour (all gone now). None in Cork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

jArgHA wrote: »
    Limerick, Monaghan and Letterkenny Argos had a few in the past hour (all gone now).

Gonna have to be F5 ing forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kevinr7213

Anyone trying to order from tesco direct, it only gives a list of addresses, I cant manually put in my parcel motel address.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rayken

jArgHA wrote: »
    Limerick, Monaghan and Letterkenny Argos had a few in the past hour (all gone now). None in Cork :(

i can't believe i'v missed limerick been checking since seven this morning gutted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 kevinr7213

Thanks for the reply its too much hassel im just goin to wait it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement