Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i pad 2 battery dying

• 21-11-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    My I Pad 2 keeps dying over night it seems if it is below 50% it is dead in the morning.
    Closed off all Apps running in the back round.
    Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Mcko

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

turn it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Thanks for that it normaly lasts days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you tried restoring it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Could it be the battery memory. My 4s can turn of at 30% at times. I need to charge it 100% and some more and that fixes it. It's just the battery coming to its end.

Try charge it over night. See what happens then

Thanks for all replies, is it possible to replace the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

1. Start by doing a soft reset. Hold the home+power key in until the device switches off. Then start it up again.

2. Switch off bluetooth unless you are using it.

3. Go into your Settings->Notifications and disable every app except critical ones you need notifications from.

4. Check to see how your iCloud backups are working. They normally happen at night, so if it's not getting a proper backup it could be related.

Other then that, might need a battery replaced. Contact the store you bought it from or Apple. New EU laws you no longer need AppleCare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Does it get warm at all? I'd definitely try restoring first.

no does not get warm, do I lose every thing on it if i restore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

mcko wrote: »
    Thanks for all replies, is it possible to replace the battery.

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Ireland&product=ipad

Thats the link for the replacement battery service. €111.30 for a new battery. But i would def do a restore to new first. Set up the ipad with nothing on it and test the battery. If the battery seems better then its something you have installed.

Here is the Apple support page to help you back it up and set up as new

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4137

Advertisement