Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom unable to provide service

Options
  • 21-11-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I have a following problem. A month ago I ordered Eircom's broadband and phone line. Soon after I got an email with the date and time of technicians arrival. The technician was twice at my flat: 30th October and 5th November. The main problem was that he was unable to locate Eircom's local feed in my building so he advised me to phone my management agency and ask them for location of the feed. The answer I got from the agency:" We didn't built the building, so we don't know where it is. It's Eircom's problem, they should solve it." So, in the last two weeks I phoned Eircom's customer service over 15 times, and usually their answer was: "It's not our problem, the agency should deal with it", or they tell me that technical service we'll contact me in a day or so (of, course never happened). They are playing ping-pong with me for a month and nobody's doing anything. The last info I got is that my building is probably covered only by UPC' wiring. So, since Eircom is definitely unable or unwilling to provide the service I ordered I was wandering what's the procedure to cancel my contract and get another provider. I told them on several occasions that I need internet badly due to my work, but to no avail. Please, help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

cmario wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a following problem. A month ago I ordered Eircom's broadband and phone line. Soon after I got an email with the date and time of technicians arrival. The technician was twice at my flat: 30th October and 5th November. The main problem was that he was unable to locate Eircom's local feed in my building so he advised me to phone my management agency and ask them for location of the feed. The answer I got from the agency:" We didn't built the building, so we don't know where it is. It's Eircom's problem, they should solve it." So, in the last two weeks I phoned Eircom's customer service over 15 times, and usually their answer was: "It's not our problem, the agency should deal with it", or they tell me that technical service we'll contact me in a day or so (of, course never happened). They are playing ping-pong with me for a month and nobody's doing anything. The last info I got is that my building is probably covered only by UPC' wiring. So, since Eircom is definitely unable or unwilling to provide the service I ordered I was wandering what's the procedure to cancel my contract and get another provider. I told them on several occasions that I need internet badly due to my work, but to no avail. Please, help.
    Hi cmario

Sorry to hear of this. Please include your order or account number in a PM to me and I'll look into this further for you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement