Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel with no name, Charlemont St

Options
  • 21-11-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

I have been passing the corner of Charlemont St and Harcourt Road on my way home several nights, and I have recently noticed, in the premises of the former Lantz Wedding shop, what looks like a hotel foyer complete with lounge, reservation desk, etc.

The thing is, no name of any hotel is visible.

Does anybody know what this place is and why it has no name up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Shhhhhh . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Bang on the corner? I think that's a photographers office/studio, if it is the same pace I'm thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

No, its a few doors south of the corner. I think it was the Lantz wedding shop.

Like I say it looks very like a hotel lobby, and there are people working inside (I mean working routinely, not building or decorating). That makes me think it is operating, but as what, and why no name outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

No idea. There is a hostel just up from it. Maybe it is something to do with that?

Possible, but it looks very swish for a hostel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

it's part of the hostel

Yesterday (Monday) I again went past this place - still no name up so my curiosity got the better of me and I went to ask.

The first thing I noticed was that I had to ring a doorbell even though it was only 6pm and the reception desk was fully staffed.

On being let in the door, I was told that by the lady at reception that the place was indeed a hostel but she could not tell me the name of it and did not know when a sign was going to be put up.

This really is all slightly unusual, but I'm sure it will turn out to be a normal enough place in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

I think it's a homeless hostel, or something similar. Could be totally wrong mind

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is this it:
    http://goo.gl/maps/KbSAj

I'd say its part of CitiHostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... I was told that by the lady at reception that the place was indeed a hostel but she could not tell me the name of it...
    Jesus wept!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It wouldn't have been a women's refuge?

No, that photo is a couple of years old, and the reception area is nearer to where Lantz was.

If the place is a refuge or SW hostel, then it has a remarkably swish reception area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

On being let in the door, I was told that by the lady at reception that the place was indeed a hostel but she could not tell me the name of it and did not know when a sign was going to be put up.

This really is all slightly unusual, but I'm sure it will turn out to be a normal enough place in the end.

I wonder what she says when she answers the phone? "Eh, secret hotel, good morning"
    :D

Went past the place again yesterday (Feb 10th). Still nameless, but now with a vacancies/no vacancies light outside.

Finally, it has a sign up. It is CitiHostel. They took their time about giving it a name.

Advertisement