Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOI Jerseys

Options
  • 21-11-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Dies anyone know any shops in Dublin that sell League of Ireland jerseys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Carrolls shop on Westmoreland Street used to,not sure if they still do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

Casa Rebelde in Temple Bar (next to the ack entrance to the Foggy Dew) sell Bohs merchandise anyways. Thing they have some Shels and Pats stuff in there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

Neither of those stock LOI jerseys anymore, its shocking really that no stores in the city stock jersies from our own league but most sell all european and some south American jersies .

I suppose most supporters get them from their club shop,and there's not much market left for the usual high street chains to sell them to after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

jay1988 wrote: »
    Neither of those stock LOI jerseys anymore, its shocking really that no stores in the city stock jersies from our own league but most sell all european and some south American jersies .

Well I know for a fact that Casa contacted as many clubs as they could saying they'd stock merch, and very few responded. Even approached some of the nordie teams and had Cliftonville stuff in for a while.

But yeah. It pains to walk into sports shops around town and see PSG and LA Galaxy jerseys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Direct Sports in the ilac had some before but I think they weren't current seasons. But still handy to pick up some.
    Do Elverlys not do LOI anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Carrolls shop on Westmoreland Street used to,not sure if they still do now.

Carrolls only sell Umbro produced LOI jerseys.

Op order from the team store/website.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

hXci wrote: »
    Even approached some of the nordie teams and had Cliftonville stuff in for a while.

Only approached Cliftonville as the owner is a big Celtic fan. Same reason St.Pauli, Athletic Bilbao gear, etc... gear is stocked: Nationalism supposedly...

Onto the OP's questions, Sportsmith on Cathedral Street used to stock LoI stuff, likewise with Arnotts.

Generally your best bet is from the club; Shels shop is open in Tolka 10am-4pm Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday coming up to Christmas, Pats have a shop just down from Richmond, Shams have an online shop and a shop at the Tallaght Stadium and Bohs have an online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

St Pats merchandise is sold directly from the club now, 125 Emmet Road. That shop is closed.

Pats have a shop just down from Richmond

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Only approached Cliftonville as the owner is a big Celtic fan. Same reason St.Pauli, Athletic Bilbao gear, etc... gear is stocked: Nationalism supposedly...

Onto the OP's questions, Sportsmith on Cathedral Street used to stock LoI stuff, likewise with Arnotts.

Generally your best bet is from the club; Shels shop is open in Tolka 10am-4pm Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday coming up to Christmas, Pats have a shop just down from Richmond, Shams have an online shop and a shop at the Tallaght Stadium and Bohs have an online store.

Shams????

Umbro shop on Westmoreland Street used to stock a good range of LOI jersies. Maybe they still do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Shams????

Umbro shop on Westmoreland Street used to stock a good range of LOI jersies. Maybe they still do?

Shamrock Rovers, no?

I'm not a soccer fan, so forgive me if I'm wrong!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

January wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers, no?

I'm not a soccer fan, so forgive me if I'm wrong!

Shamrock Rovers = shams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Wrong on both counts.

Will check Westmoreland Street saturday to see if Umbro are still there!

They aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Er...what?

St.Pauli, the anti-fascist, anti-nationalist, lefty, punk, pro-gay, pro-immigrant club based in the red light district of Hamburg has their gear sold in the shop because of Irish nationalism?

reprazant wrote: »
    Er...what?

St.Pauli, the anti-fascist, anti-nationalist, lefty, punk, pro-gay, pro-immigrant club based in the red light district of Hamburg has their gear sold in the shop because of Irish nationalism?

I suppose Lefty sums it up better as to why Celtic, St. Pauli, Ath Bilbao, etc... gear is sold in there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I suppose Lefty sums it up better as to why Celtic, St. Pauli, Ath Bilbao, etc... gear is sold in there.

Yep. And your initial claim would be fairly valid as most Irish nationalists are generally left-leaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

They have a cult following all over Europe due to the way they are. It has zero to do with irish nationalism imo. The club itself is officially anti-nationalist.

Their wiki page even describes them as being a 'kult' club.

Not that it matters really! Bit sad that you can buy a lower division German club kit but no LOI one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Most people would buy them through the respective clubs as the clubs get more money that way. Shamrock Rovers have an online store (as well as a shop at the stadium) and most other clubs will have the same.

Its also the LOI close season now so if you're buying a jersey, check that there isn't a new one coming out as depending on your requirements, you may want the newest one or you might pick up the previous one a bit cheaper.

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Shams????

Gav has obviously turned into a culchie. :)

• Advertisement

reprazant wrote: »
    They have a cult following all over Europe due to the way they are. It has zero to do with irish nationalism imo. The club itself is officially anti-nationalist.

Their wiki page even describes them as being a 'kult' club.

Not that it matters really! Bit sad that you can buy a lower division German club kit but no LOI one.

It's a "cool" thing to sport St.Pauli gear... surprised Topman, etc... haven't latched on yet but give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The best bet should be, to visit a match and buy a shirt there. But I'm not sure, if all the clubs have souvenir shops inside the ground. Shelbourne have anyway :)

anncoates wrote: »
    Gav has obviously turned into a culchie. :)

I like the bites...;)

I like the bites...;)

I''ll refrain from mentioning your Discover Ireland adventures next season so. :)

To be fair, I wouldn't want to see any Dublin club go down except the Gypos.

anncoates wrote: »
    I''ll refrain from mentioning your Discover Ireland adventures next season so. .

Familiar territory to us. Been there, done all the grounds already and don't look forward to the return.

Familiar territory to us. Been there, done all the grounds already and don't look forward to the return.

You'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

It's a "cool" thing to sport St.Pauli gear... surprised Topman, etc... haven't latched on yet but give it time.

St. Pauli have been cool for years mainly for their left wing antifascist stance....I first heard of them when I was involved with the irish antifa in the early nineties(christ I feel old :) )

returnNull wrote: »
    St. Pauli have been cool for years mainly for their left wing antifascist stance....

Rather be seen wearing a Bohs/Rovers jersey tbh...

Rather be seen wearing a Bohs/Rovers jersey tbh...

back then and I presume now it was more a symbol of a persons anti-fascist stance when their top was worn as opposed to someone supporting them as a football team.

Wouldnt be seen dead wearing a bohs top:pac:

• Advertisement

what happened to that shop on wexford/aungier street that use to sell loads of tops?Dont hink its there anymore.

Advertisement